Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope we get a few X-Men cameos or guest appearances .
    Hopefully. Idk now much they'd factor into gameplay, but at least during the cutscenes

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The only other X-Man I can see carrying a solo game would be Deadpool and maybe Gambit.
    Cable could too I think.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I'd rather have Nightcrawler.
    Agreed, Nightcrawler has some great mechanics for a video game with his teleporting, coupled with his sabres. Include Rogue, Mystique and Azarel and you're golden. But having him in Wolverine would be awesome. It's personally my favourite bromance in fiction (equal maybe to Holmes and Watson).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Agreed, Nightcrawler has some great mechanics for a video game with his teleporting, coupled with his sabres. Include Rogue, Mystique and Azarel and you're golden. But having him in Wolverine would be awesome. It's personally my favourite bromance in fiction (equal maybe to Holmes and Watson).
    Yeah, I think a combination of his powers and his connection to Logan make for potentially great gameplay

Azazel needs flushed.

Ultimate Member

Actually, if Mystique shows up as a villain, maybe as the player you might have to use Wolverine's other senses to expose her. She could be a interesting foe because she could disguise herself as an NPC and if you kill the wrong one, you lose

Actually, if Mystique shows up as a villain, maybe as the player you might have to use Wolverine's other senses to expose her. She could be a interesting foe because she could disguise herself as an NPC and if you kill the wrong one, you lose
    I assume they will probably utilize his senses in gameplay somehow.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I assume they will probably utilize his senses in gameplay somehow.
    Idk how that'll actually be represented in gameplay

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Idk how that'll actually be represented in gameplay
    Detective mode a la Arkham.

Pretty much every action RPG game these days has a mode like that so it'll probably be in there. Also some more than others. Ghosts, for example, didn't really highlight anything when following tracks but did tell you where enemies were etc.

A lot of games today also have regenerative health as well, although maybe they could be more inventive with it (Like Metal Gear Solid 3's system).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Pretty much every action RPG game these days has a mode like that so it'll probably be in there. Also some more than others. Ghosts, for example, didn't really highlight anything when following tracks but did tell you where enemies were etc.

A lot of games today also have regenerative health as well, although maybe they could be more inventive with it (Like Metal Gear Solid 3's system).
    I remember the X-Men Origins game showed the healing pretty graphically with you getting a lot of battle damage like scars or cuts that healed over time.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Apparently someone identified the bar as one that’s in Madripoor, so that makes it viable that the game will be set around there. Given the setting and the fact that this is set in the same universe as Spider-Man, I wonder if an appearance by Jessica Drew in her detective occupation might be likely…

Apparently someone identified the bar as one that’s in Madripoor, so that makes it viable that the game will be set around there. Given the setting and the fact that this is set in the same universe as Spider-Man, I wonder if an appearance by Jessica Drew in her detective occupation might be likely…
    I hope we see Tyger Tyger .

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Detective mode a la Arkham.
    Detective mode ala practically everything.

Though maybe Logan can do it like Metroid Prime's various visors, so that you can focus on either smell/taste, hearing/touch, or sight at a time. Heck, the X-Men canonically have some telepathy training and Logan has trained under a master that used soul magic, so maybe there can be a 4th "visor" that can pick up faint psychic residue/resonance which opens up after doing some sort of spiritual quest line.

It's been a long time since the X-Men specifically got the AAA treatment. This bodes well for the franchise as a whole.