Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Default Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 (Insomniac)

So Peter and Miles both playable, Kraven the Hunter and Venom! So excited!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

When I heard that narration I immediately thought Kraven. This Kraven must be beefed up considerably to take on two Spider-Men

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

The logical question is whether Venom is Eddie as normal or someone else… Harry perhaps?

I hope this has a nice range of missions and more side content than the first game. They could do some missions focused on Peter, some on Miles and then some with both. I also would love to see them introduce Gwen so she can get a solo smaller game in the same vein as Miles before we conclude the saga with Spider-Man 3 and all three heroes.
    Last edited by Derek Metaltron; 09-09-2021 at 02:22 PM.

Ultimate Member

Venom looks cool, but how is Kraven a threat?

Thoughts:

- Yeah, I can't think of anyone else that voice could be other than Kraven. Sounds like he comes to New York for a challenge and somehow that gets embroiled in whatever is going on with the Spiders and Venom. Which makes me curious what the exact dynamic is with Venom and how that functions into the plot. Is that Harry? Is the main thrust stopping Venom or fighting Kraven? Or both.

- Tony Todd is the Symbiote/Venom. So, like, assume the Symbiote possesses Peter or Miles do we get Tony Todd talking into their heads? Are we getting Symbiote forms? How could you do a Venom story without the Black Suit?

- Miles finally has an Insomniac original costume.

- It looks like we have Peter and Miles together but how does that work from a gameplay/story standpoint? Is Peter the de-facto main character while Miles is just a partner who another player can control or who you can do team-up attacks with in combat like the Batfamily in Arkham Knight? Does the game allow you to choose the protagonist? Will Miles have a new narrative arc? How does the Open World work? Or does the other Spider-Man appear only when you're doing specific environment missions? Venom could probably use more than one Spider to take down more than Kraven does.

- What new costumes/old costumes can we expect along with new gadgets/abilities?

- Will this tie-in with the Wolverine game?

- I guess they're probably saving up Green Goblin for the third game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Venom looks cool, but how is Kraven a threat?
    Depends how they handle him but traditionally he boosts his physicality through potions and he has gadgets/razor sharp hunting instincts.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thoughts:

- Yeah, I can't think of anyone else that voice could be other than Kraven. Sounds like he comes to New York for a challenge and somehow that gets embroiled in whatever is going on with the Spiders and Venom. Which makes me curious what the exact dynamic is with Venom and how that functions into the plot. Is that Harry? Is the main thrust stopping Venom or fighting Kraven? Or both.

- Tony Todd is the Symbiote/Venom. So, like, assume the Symbiote possesses Peter or Miles do we get Tony Todd talking into their heads? Are we getting Symbiote forms? How could you do a Venom story without the Black Suit?

- Miles finally has an Insomniac original costume.

- It looks like we have Peter and Miles together but how does that work from a gameplay/story standpoint? Is Peter the de-facto main character while Miles is just a partner who another player can control or who you can do team-up attacks with in combat like the Batfamily in Arkham Knight? Does the game allow you to choose the protagonist? Will Miles have a new narrative arc? How does the Open World work? Or does the other Spider-Man appear only when you're doing specific environment missions? Venom could probably use more than one Spider to take down more than Kraven does.

- What new costumes/old costumes can we expect along with new gadgets/abilities?

- Will this tie-in with the Wolverine game?

- I guess they're probably saving up Green Goblin for the third game.
    All good questions.

I didn't know Tony Todd voiced Venom in this

Depends how they handle him but traditionally he boosts his physicality through potions and he has gadgets/razor sharp hunting instincts.
    I know, but can he take on both?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

He'll have two if he has to fight both at any point.

To be honest Venom feels like the only Spider-Man villain (other than Morlun I guess) that really requires more than one Spider-Person to beat and that's just because of how tough he is.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    He'll have two if he has to fight both at any point.
    I just don't see a vague super-gymnast like Kraven being much of a threat to two Spideys at once

To be honest Venom feels like the only Spider-Man villain (other than Morlun I guess) that really requires more than one Spider-Person to beat and that's just because of how tough he is.
    Rhino could also be if he was smarter. But I think Venom's main advantage is he negates Spider-sense.

I just don't see a vague super-gymnast like Kraven being much of a threat to two Spideys at once

Rhino could also be if he was smarter. But I think Venom's main advantage is he negates Spider-sense.
    There isn't anything vague about Kraven's powers. Not anymore than Spider-Man at least.

Mighty Member

Carnage too since he is stronger than venom and that both spider-man and venom to team up

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    There isn't anything vague about Kraven's powers. Not anymore than Spider-Man at least.
    By vague gymnastics, I'm referring to super-soldier-type powers

By vague gymnastics, I'm referring to super-soldier-type powers
    I don't think Kraven has ever been depicted that way.

That and he has the Symbiote boosting his physical powers along with similar abilities to Spider-Man.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I don't think Kraven has ever been depicted that way.
    Isn't that the super strength he gets from his potions? I haven't read a huge amount of him but he seemed like that to me, but I could be wrong

That and he has the Symbiote boosting his physical powers along with similar abilities to Spider-Man.
    True. Venom is just dangerous all around!