Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Isn't that the super strength he gets from his potions? I haven't read a huge amount of him but he seemed like that to me, but I could be wrong

True. Venom is just dangerous all around!
    I assume you are talking about whether or not he actually is depicted with superpowers and not vaguely "peak human" like comic Captain America.

The strength he gets from the potions is explicitly shown to give him strength and speed on par with Spider-Man. One time, he rendered Spider-Man's arm numb with a single punch.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I assume you are talking about whether or not he actually is depicted with superpowers and not vaguely "peak human" like comic Captain America.

The strength he gets from the potions is explicitly shown to give him strength and speed on par with Spider-Man. One time, he rendered Spider-Man's arm numb with a single punch.
    Oh. Didn't know he was that powerful. I guess he could be a good foe

I always put Kraven on the same Level as The Kingpin. A good threat but in order for them to be a good threat they always had to tone down and Job Peter a bit. We saw this after Spiderman breaks into the prison and just beats Fisk half to death without even trying. yea you can say it was rage induced or whatever but it always felt like Spiderman was holding back against these two for the longest time.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

Maybe he'd be better as a sub-boss while Venom is the main boss.

Maybe he'd be better as a sub-boss while Venom is the main boss.
    This reminds me of the Amazing Spider-Man 2 tie-in game where Kraven was a Major Boss in a game where Carnage was the Final Boss.

Although we haven't really seen how they'll be approaching Kraven's abilities in this game.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This reminds me of the Amazing Spider-Man 2 tie-in game where Kraven was a Major Boss in a game where Carnage was the Final Boss.

Although we haven't really seen how they'll be approaching Kraven's abilities in this game.
    I suspect he'll need to be boosted up to fight them, but Idk if he'll only fight one Spidey at a time

Extraordinary Member

I wouldn't be surprised if there are multiple encounters with Kraven. One where he's over-powered since while he's a dangerous man he's still just a man (like how Kingpin and Taskmaster are actually just dudes without super-powers). After that he'll use traps and poisons to even out the odds and increasingly dangerous weapons.

It's pretty common to have him drink something that turns him into a kind of beast man, so I can see something like that happening in this game as well. Or he might even get his own symbiote towards the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    The logical question is whether Venom is Eddie as normal or someone else… Harry perhaps?

I hope this has a nice range of missions and more side content than the first game. They could do some missions focused on Peter, some on Miles and then some with both. I also would love to see them introduce Gwen so she can get a solo smaller game in the same vein as Miles before we conclude the saga with Spider-Man 3 and all three heroes.
    It's gonna be Harry. They teased it in the first game. Harry was sick and it appears Norman experimented on him with the symbiote to try and save I assume. Not sure I just know you see Harry in a tank with black crap tendrills.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    It's gonna be Harry. They teased it in the first game. Harry was sick and it appears Norman experimented on him with the symbiote to try and save I assume. Not sure I just know you see Harry in a tank with black crap tendrills.
    It'll be interesting to see how they handle Venom and his host in this game.

I think this will be the first time Venom has a different voice than the host.

All-New Member

Did Tony Todd really make the voice in this one? I'm 50% in shock

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Has Harry ever been Venom?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Has Harry ever been Venom?
    In the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    In the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon
    Ok. But not in the comics, right?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Ok. But not in the comics, right?
    No. This game isn't limiting itself to the comics for inspiration. Harry being sick was definitely taken from the Amazing Spider-Man movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    No. This game isn't limiting itself to the comics for inspiration. Harry being sick was definitely taken from the Amazing Spider-Man movies.
    And him having the Symbiote was from the Ultimate cartoon of all things.