Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

I guess I would've preferred Eddie Brock, but Harry could work

Idk why they'd take inspiration from ASM2 though

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I guess I would've preferred Eddie Brock, but Harry could work

Idk why they'd take inspiration from ASM2 though
    Just because it was a bad movie doesn't mean it didn't have good ideas.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    That's true, but I would hope this game does it better

On-top of using a plot point from one of the most controversial Spider-Man cartoons...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    On-top of using a plot point from one of the most controversial Spider-Man cartoons...
    The symbiote might have started as a treatment/cure to Harry's illness. Mimicking it's origin from the Ultimate universe.

The symbiote might have started as a treatment/cure to Harry's illness. Mimicking it's origin from the Ultimate universe.
    Could also still have been sourced from a substance they found in space.

Reportedly Spidey will finally get the black costume in the game which will eventually go to Venom; probably why it didn't show up as an option in the first game. Wonder if they'll also include the Raimi Spider man 3 version-should be fairly easy as the basic Raimi suit was an unlockable in the first one.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Reportedly Spidey will finally get the black costume in the game which will eventually go to Venom; probably why it didn't show up as an option in the first game. Wonder if they'll also include the Raimi Spider man 3 version-should be fairly easy as the basic Raimi suit was an unlockable in the first one.
    Yeah, I can't imagine they'd have Venom in the game and not do the Black Suit in some form.

Although with Peter and Miles both being playable, I wonder if they'll both get Symbiote suits?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Yeah, I can't imagine they'd have Venom in the game and not do the Black Suit in some form.

Although with Peter and Miles both being playable, I wonder if they'll both get Symbiote suits?
    I can see it just being Peter who gets the symbiote and in a new twist its Miles who helps save him from it. I can see them both having to battle Venom in this one and the 3rd game will see Venom as a anti-hero type. Maybe the 3rd game can adapt some of Maximum Carnage ! That would be sweet in a bit of that adapted where you have to face Carnage , Shriek , Carrion and Demo Goblin !
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I'll like to see Mister Negative pop back up. There's still story left to tell with him.

I'll like to see Mister Negative pop back up. There's still story left to tell with him.
    Was he captured off-screen in-between games? I thought it was really weird we never really saw him in Miles' game despite the fact that he got Miles' dad killed.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Was he captured off-screen in-between games? I thought it was really weird we never really saw him in Miles' game despite the fact that he got Miles' dad killed.
    Yeah, I'd think both Peter and Miles as Spider-Men would have a stake in confronting Negative about the fact that he got both their loved ones killed --- since Negative was part of Otto's scheme with Devil's Breath --- in his zeal for revenge against Norman Osborn.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Thoughts:

- Man for a second there I was worried that guy at the beginning was their take on Kraven before Kraven actually showed up. And of course he has a veritable army of henchmen so we have enemies to fight.

- I wonder if all the hunting targets will be in the actual game? We've got Black Cat, Prowler, Tombstone, confirmation of in-costume Wraith, Lizard (obvs), and Taskmaster.

- They wasted no time with the Black Suit. Although it feels a little clunkier with it bonding to the Advanced suit even if not by much. I'm guessing the game is going to build up to Peter using it and losing himself to it before he ditches it at the midway point or climax and we get Venom (who will probably be the Final Boss).

- Does Harry get separated from the Symbiote and left sick so Peter gets stuck with it and trying to get it to Connors so they can save Harry?

- So the Peter/Miles split is story driven. In the gameplay here it felt like a 60/40 split between Miles and Peter, so I'm curious to see who you end up playing the most.

- Lizard going straight up Kaiju like in the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon.

- Ganke really leaning into being the guy in the chair, complete with drone.

- Feels like Miles' job in the story is picking up the slack and succeeding from Peter and growing into a more seasoned hero.

Looks like we're once again getting the "Peter gets corrupted/evil/agressive by Alien costume" thing, although I don't think that was in the original comic storyline at all (More that it was taking him sleep-swinging).

Kind of wondering if a somewhat more comics accurate version of the alien/black costume as one of the extra/unlockable suits. Or the Raimi black costume as well.

Suits inspired by the other symbiotes (Carnage, Toxin etc), Agent Venom and Anti-Venom could probably be cool too.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 05-24-2023 at 05:45 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth