Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yes, I still think he's a PoS but...I hope Shaw gets some fisticuff action against the scoundrels, as depicted on the cover.
    I love Dauterman and covers are notorious for lying but, would it kill him and Duggan to show those who are actually involved in the story on the cover?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yes, I still think he's a PoS but...I hope Shaw gets some fisticuff action against the scoundrels, as depicted on the cover.
    I love Dauterman and covers are notorious for lying but, would it kill him and Duggan to show those who are actually involved in the story on the cover?
    That’s why we need the corner boxes back.

Sign and share!

Marvel Corner Box petition
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The corner boxes aren't much of a cast indicator...not when the cast varies from issue to issue depending on the story.
    I'm just reminded of last issue with Bishop being on the cover but was nowhere in the actual book. Shaw is on the cover but only five Marauders show up. (I'm fully aware that I'm whinging over a preview so...he might show up (via KG) later on in the story?)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Bianca Le Niege is messing with Emma

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The corner boxes aren't much of a cast indicator...not when the cast varies from issue to issue depending on the story.
    I'm just reminded of last issue with Bishop being on the cover but was nowhere in the actual book. Shaw is on the cover but only five Marauders show up. (I'm fully aware that I'm whinging over a preview so...he might show up (via KG) later on in the story?)
    Perhaps he's on Earth and back to his old tricks.
    My flag is bacon.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Bobby has "interesting things" with any guy who's willing. Even with the changes Allerdyce >>>>>>>>>>Lasker.
    I honestly find original Pyro about a thousand times more interesting than Simon Lasker, even if Duggan isn't doing a great job writing him. And I think Allerdyce has a role on the team that Simon wouldn't be able to fill - the token villain and wildcard. (Every team seems to have at least one in this era). Simon was only a bad guy for about a hot second, as part of a Brotherhood that he'd been manipulated into joining, and then spent the rest of X-Men Gold redeeming himself. He's basically a good guy at this point. Allerdyce, even with his somewhat heroic death, has a much longer road to walk for a redemption arc, which seems to be the only thing Duggan is doing with him beyond comic relief. I'm not really sure what role Simon would play in the book, other than complicating Bobby's love life. And given how little Duggan seems to care about writing Bobby, I'm guessing Simon would be wall-paper just like Allerdyce currently is, just with less biting and face tattoos.

Pyro 2 was completely unnecessary and taking the name was bizarre too. It felt very forced. If you wanted to pair the two together then just pair the two together.

Thunderbird 3 was also a WTF name for a character too.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quiet King 2 Regent Ororo RealEyesRealizeRealLies77's Avatar

I love the idea of having space pirates adventures but unfortunately I don't think we'll be seeing any Starjammer-esque shenanigans from Duggan anytime soon.I thought Banshee & Tempo were becoming regular members but can't tell from only 3 pages.I'll peruse it in store to ensure this isn't another Emma/Kitty centric issue.It appears Bishop finally has a case but fool me once...
    The Pessimist looks down and hits his head
    The Optimist looks up and loses his footing
    The Realist looks forward and adjusts his path accordingly

Pull List : X-MEN , IMMORTAL X-MEN , NEW MUTANTS , X-MEN RED , WOLVERINE, THOR ,ETERNALS , BLACK PANTHER , EXCELLENCE , KILLADELPHIA , NOCTERRA ,THE NICE HOUSE ON THE LAKE , LITTLE MONSTERS , BONEYARD ORCHARD , NIGHTMARE BLOG , SEVEN SONS

Quiet King 2 Regent Ororo RealEyesRealizeRealLies77's Avatar

I keep hearing there was a Pyro II that was queer but thank God I checked out of X-MEN before that occurred.I guess they couldn't bring Bendis back and hit Allerdyce with the queer wand but to pair him with Iceman,the cliche fire & ice,meh.
    The Pessimist looks down and hits his head
    The Optimist looks up and loses his footing
    The Realist looks forward and adjusts his path accordingly

Pull List : X-MEN , IMMORTAL X-MEN , NEW MUTANTS , X-MEN RED , WOLVERINE, THOR ,ETERNALS , BLACK PANTHER , EXCELLENCE , KILLADELPHIA , NOCTERRA ,THE NICE HOUSE ON THE LAKE , LITTLE MONSTERS , BONEYARD ORCHARD , NIGHTMARE BLOG , SEVEN SONS

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Stealth solos seem par for the course these days. But if there ever was an example of "character editorially mandated," it is definitely Marauders when it comes to Bishop, Iceman and Pyro. It's clear this man does not want to write for these characters. I am guessing they were forced on the team, which happens in the industry, but it's rare to see a writer be this blatant in their displeasure/disinterest. Most at least try.
    It annoys me honestly, Pyro probably can't do no better this is good for him, but Bishop & Bobby are better than this being glorified henchmen for Emma & Kate is beneath them.

Extraordinary Member

It was so clear that only Emma and Kate matter, w/ Storm when she was there when they were the one's to confront Shaw.
    Bishop also knew but they just ignored him.
    Pyro and Iceman get ignored all the time as well.

Man doesn't even try to hide it tbh

Ha! The dudes got one panel and then exited stage left. The writer hates them.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RealEyesRealizeRealLies77 View Post
    I love the idea of having space pirates adventures but unfortunately I don't think we'll be seeing any Starjammer-esque shenanigans from Duggan anytime soon.I thought Banshee & Tempo were becoming regular members but can't tell from only 3 pages.I'll peruse it in store to ensure this isn't another Emma/Kitty centric issue.It appears Bishop finally has a case but fool me once...
    Banshee's chasing the Reavers, Tempo was offered the gig by Kate and looked as though she was going to accept it. Issue 25 would seem to be a reasonable time to kind of shake it up a bit.

Hopefully Bishop has something to do, there's also still the potential disaster with the Cuckoos and Banshee's self-appointed mission is bound to go wrong, so I can see it being less Emma/Kate centric than it's been so far. Or is that just wishful thinking?

If I'm honest I've quite liked the previous 23 issues.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    99.9% chance of Emma story masquerading as a team issue. I no longer even drink from that pitcher of Kool-aid! Hopefully this folds and we get a proper team book. At least they dispense with the frivolity and have Bishop conveniently split from the team upon arrival, lol! How obvious can one be.
    Let's hope so, this book and X-force are the biggest disappointments, though I never really had much hope for Marauders coz at least to me the book just doesn't have good set up from the get go. The team is OK but it's less to do with field team interplay and more with Emma being shown having too much time on her hands, as if that helps the book.

I would agree issue 25 is a good place to shake up if there weren't 4 members on this team that have had absolutely no story. Though i do agree Bishop is not a duggan fave, the issue he wrote him in savage avengers was not good. It was a good issue but how he wrote bishop wasn't. I'm kind of suprised bishop even has a image in Inferno when we haven't really seen him do much, his story has pretty much been limited to data pages.

edit: I'm referring to the "We can't trust our allies" promo
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/