Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Unlocking a Red/Blue split, a science mini-game component to the fortress, a trophy room, unlocking special suits - I'm all about this. Fan-make this game!

Imagine playing Superman Blue and at the end of the game merging with Superman Red into your final form which is normal Superman.

Random "gear" thought.

Keeping with my idea that gear isn't a major metric in your capability and power levels and is mostly just there for fine-tuning a build, or for fun little trinkets and things to pull out of your hat....

Bizarro's "S" Shield. Changes your heat vision to ice damage, and your freeze breath to fire damage.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Unlocking a Red/Blue split, a science mini-game component to the fortress, a trophy room, unlocking special suits - I'm all about this. Fan-make this game!
    Hey, if no one else is gonna do it right, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Angel View Post
    Imagine playing Superman Blue and at the end of the game merging with Superman Red into your final form which is normal Superman.
    Companion idea: you know how some games have a thing where your character can kinda circle back and get additional abilities after completing either the game or the skill tree? What if you have the option to eventually merge Blue/Red, and the resulting Superman is like "skill tree +" where you can stack more points into skills. That could be interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Random "gear" thought.

Keeping with my idea that gear isn't a major metric in your capability and power levels and is mostly just there for fine-tuning a build, or for fun little trinkets and things to pull out of your hat....

Bizarro's "S" Shield. Changes your heat vision to ice damage, and your freeze breath to fire damage.
    Oh, definitely. Maybe even have Tyler's Bizarro suit (pre and post face change, your call or based on skills unlocked), so you're still kind of "a" Superman and distinct from full-on comics Bizarro.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Don't watch CW Superman so I can't speak for any Bizarro's there but....sure?

From what I know of DCUO, there's a lot of hurdles to jump through using stuff from films and shows, even if it's still IP owned by WB (which is why there's so few iconic emblems, usually released on limited-time basis), but I'd have no problem with stuff from live action.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Don't watch CW Superman so I can't speak for any Bizarro's there but....sure?
    Oh, ok - Ronda and I really enjoy the show, so it's fresh in my mind. Bizarro world in CW is basically a warped version of the main Earth, but everyone looks relatively "normal". All text and speech are literally reversed as opposed to opposite, as well - almost like an audiovisual mirror.

From what I know of DCUO, there's a lot of hurdles to jump through using stuff from films and shows, even if it's still IP owned by WB (which is why there's so few iconic emblems, usually released on limited-time basis), but I'd have no problem with stuff from live action.
    Yeah, that's very true. I think CW stuff is easier than things from the films, but it's definitely a problem - particularly for Superman, for some reason. In the CW's case, the suit is (by far) the most uninteresting part since the S on that suit doesn't seem to be styled at all; it's the generic one from t-shirts/etc.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

I think it should be a single player game. But idk if i would do a sandbox game for the first one.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Oh, ok - Ronda and I really enjoy the show, so it's fresh in my mind. Bizarro world in CW is basically a warped version of the main Earth, but everyone looks relatively "normal". All text and speech are literally reversed as opposed to opposite, as well - almost like an audiovisual mirror.

Yeah, that's very true. I think CW stuff is easier than things from the films, but it's definitely a problem - particularly for Superman, for some reason. In the CW's case, the suit is (by far) the most uninteresting part since the S on that suit doesn't seem to be styled at all; it's the generic one from t-shirts/etc.
    FYI Hoechlin's S is actually a blend-- it's mostly the generic one, but with touches of the Donner/Reeve shield, namely the two serifs at the top and bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I think it should be a single player game. But idk if i would do a sandbox game for the first one.
    I agree on single player; the Red/Blue thing was like a hidden bonus - the other color is pc controlled, but if player 2 picks up the controller, they can also do things. So it's not "really" two players, per se. As for sandbox or no, I can get behind both.. but the tech is there to finally do a great sandbox game, so it might as well be.

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    FYI Hoechlin's S is actually a blend-- it's mostly the generic one, but with touches of the Donner/Reeve shield, namely the two serifs at the top and bottom.
    Oh, yeah! So it is. Maybe if they'd made the damn emblem a bit brighter, I'd have caught that. (it's my only gripe with the suit, other than the muscle suit) Thanks for that!
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

I agree on single player; the Red/Blue thing was like a hidden bonus - the other color is pc controlled, but if player 2 picks up the controller, they can also do things. So it's not "really" two players, per se. As for sandbox or no, I can get behind both.. but the tech is there to finally do a great sandbox game, so it might as well be.

Oh, yeah! So it is. Maybe if they'd made the damn emblem a bit brighter, I'd have caught that. (it's my only gripe with the suit, other than the muscle suit) Thanks for that!
    I wouldn't say sandbox but a mini open world or kinda mixed like Arkham Asylum. You are limited to a hub world. Superman doens t leave, he can simply say "I can't leave there is work to be done" and turns around. I say that mostly to have the open world for part 2. Have you played Breath of the Wild by any chance?

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

It's pretty cool how fans try to make a Superman game using whatever assets they have.

No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I wouldn't say sandbox but a mini open world or kinda mixed like Arkham Asylum. You are limited to a hub world. Superman doens t leave, he can simply say "I can't leave there is work to be done" and turns around. I say that mostly to have the open world for part 2. Have you played Breath of the Wild by any chance?
    Oh, I've definitely played BotW - I'm a Switch junkie, lol

Brainiac bottling Metropolis is one way to do that on a larger scale, but I see what you mean. I love the thought of a part 2, but I'm so used to seeing Superman stuff come and go that I'd almost rather it happen the first time since there may be no part 2.
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

That's my thought; hold nothing back on the first entry or you won't get the second.

If someone doesn't want a sandbox simply because that's not their groove, then all well and good. But if the thinking is that it'd be too big and/or difficult to pull off, then I gotta say that seems like the wrong mindset to have. After all the failed attempts at a good "S" game, many of which *did* hold back in one way or another, I see no point in trying at all if you're not gonna go all-in.

~ Black Panther.

Oh, I've definitely played BotW - I'm a Switch junkie, lol

Brainiac bottling Metropolis is one way to do that on a larger scale, but I see what you mean. I love the thought of a part 2, but I'm so used to seeing Superman stuff come and go that I'd almost rather it happen the first time since there may be no part 2.
    Well.... in DCUO one of the items I have in my hideout is a bottled city. They play with that plot a lot actually. Several of the queue(on duty) missions involve stopping Brainiac from bottling parts of Metropolis and Gotham. They really leaned hard on the "OMG must stop Brainiac" angle But it actually works though and Brainiac doesn't succeed.

Astonishing Member

one of possible ideas for Superman game was survival horror featuring 5-dimensional creatures
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"