Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Procedural generation “could” do that but it can not match the depth of hand placement like the Arkham series version of Gotham.
    You don't have to create an entirely procedurally generated universe either.Regardless,rendering and simulation works with this basic principle.Only things visible in a frame is allocated memory as far as i know.

The only thing that need hand placement in superverse is apocalypse and new genisis, metropolis,war world(something that's definitely needed. A planet weapon with gladiatoral pits and junk)..etc.That's it.Heck! Superman going to source wall would be on heck of a task.It would really make clark look like a spec.

the issue would be adding other cities of dc on earth like gotham,star city..etc.i am of the mind that those don't need in depth execution.

On a side note,Seriously only a hand full of american comics artist/writers have impressed me.Kirby is something else.Nobody comes close.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-24-2021 at 08:52 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    This is what I've been saying, we could easily have a Superman game that allows us to explore the entire earth, the entire solar system, or the entire galaxy. The old limitations don't apply like they once did.

Haven't played No Man's Sky, but it's on my radar and is a game I keep meaning to check out. Keep forgetting to mention it here, but it's graphics are way better than Minecraft or Megaton Rainfall, which just helps prove that you don't have to sacrifice every other aspect of gameplay to achieve a limitless map.

Honestly, getting the powers and combat right, and creating a challenge while still making the player feel like Superman, are bigger challenges than the map size.
    You should check out Empyrion.,

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    the issue would be adding other cities of dc on earth like gotham,star city..etc.i am of the mind that those don't need in depth execution.
    Agreed. I think you'd have to do a proper job with Metropolis, but other cities and locations around the world wouldn't require as much in-depth development and detail.

I actually don't think you need to include cities like Gotham and Star at all. Are we talking about a Superman game, or a Justice League? There's more than enough toys in Clark's mythos, there's no need to include stuff from other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    You should check out Empyrion.,
    I've heard some good things but this has largely flown under my radar. I'll check out some videos this weekend, see what's up. Thanks for the recommendation!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    DBZ Kart could be a fun experience .

Either way, the way I see it, there are 3 big obstacles when making a Supes game, and they're all about his powers, flight, speed and invulnerability.

While DBZ Kakarot was mentioned a few times, it's also worth pointing out that DBZ is a world where about every enemy can fly, so that doesn't affect the combat, you can fly, so can your enemy, and Supes has a lot of villains who can't fly, specially if he ends up fighting random mooks, while stolen tech can be excused to give them flight, all of them would be silly, and if you can just fly when your opponents can't, that is a huge advantage you have and can make the combat boring.

Speed, that is a problem combined with flight, and it's not really combat related, the problem is that Supes can fly and fly fast, so a game with high end graphics could struggle to load other areas if he ends up being able to fly too fast, and his super speed ends up being used only for fast travel, then it's honestly, lazy.

Invunerability, that's related to when he fights random mooks, 'cause, should they be able to even hurt Supes? 'Cause if they can then he's gonna look like a chump, if you make a plot excuse about Supes being weak then the producers are just being lazy, and if everyone has something like Kryptonite bullets it just looks silly.

The game based on Superman Returns had the right idea when implementing this (I think it was that game? Not sure...), Supes doesn't have an HP, but Metropolis does, and if Metropolis takes too much damage, you lose, so using that is creative, could even have random mooks attacking civilians so you have to worry about protecting everyone while also stopping the villains, though this "civilians get attacked" is a very dangerous idea 'cause it could become an obnoxious mechanic real fast.

So yeah, while I think this idea of "Superman is too strong" is stupid, that is kinda the case of you try to adapt him to a video game, 'cause again, random mooks can't just be able to hurt him, he's gonna look less "Super" in a game like that, his fligh can give a huge disadvantage against anything that doesn't fly, and his speed can make loading other areas complicated... Those aren't impossible obstacles to overcome, but they are obstacles, and if Supes were to get a Triple A game, then those obstacles are too big for those hacks with no creativity who make interchangeable Triple A trash.
    Heh funny. Since I'm on my phone I can't go to full detail yet. But basically, on it's very bones, DBZ Kakarot pretty much proves a Superman game can be made. Goku is very similar to Clark powerwise, in that game Goku can fly, run super fast,ect. Now, he doesn't crash into building or pass the invisible wall cause game mechanics and they don't need to be explained. It also had battles in midair.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

A good Superman game is possible, with the right team and budget.
    Last edited by BBally; 12-13-2021 at 04:21 PM.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

NaVI inspired me to bump this lol. Diana getting a WW game makes me more optimistic than I’ve ever been that there’s a chance Clark could be getting a game. We know that WB Montreal has a DC game in pre-production besides GK, and now I think there’s a much greater chance it could be Superman.

If you look at the Suicide Squad gameplay for Deadshot, Boomerang, and King Shark, those three have basically split up Superman’s powers between them. Deadshot has flight and heat vision (or in his case bullets), Boomerang has super speed, and Shark has super strength. Feel like the building blocks are all there to make a Superman game at this point.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I think the ingredients for a great Superman game are there. Just needs to be put together. That said, I completely disagree with earlier discussion about a procedurally generated world a la No Man's Sky. Give me a well designed world wherever the game takes place

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I think the ingredients for a great Superman game are there. Just needs to be put together. That said, I completely disagree with earlier discussion about a procedurally generated world a la No Man's Sky. Give me a well designed world wherever the game takes place
    Well, not all procedural generation is random nonsense. You can do it where that the important part are hand built, and the other stuff is partially randomized.

Pulling for you boys now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Pulling for you boys now.

Only three franchises I think the second WBM game could be are Superman, Flash, or GL. Don’t think they’ll make a JL game until they get everyone right, and while Aquaman would be fun, I don’t think they’d chose him over the three I listed.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Only three franchises I think the second WBM game could be are Superman, Flash, or GL. Don’t think they’ll make a JL game until they get everyone right, and while Aquaman would be fun, I don’t think they’d chose him over the three I listed.
    GL I could see (I'd personally go with a Fallout/Mass Effect RPG) but even though there's the HBO show, I still feel that franchise is in the dog house for WB/DC.

Still surprised how little WB/DC did with Flash after his show.

I don't know how it can be done, but I think it is possible. They don't even need to use human enemies.

I think a good Aquaman game might be harder than a good Superman one. Are there any underwater games that are popular?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    GL I could see (I'd personally go with a Fallout/Mass Effect RPG) but even though there's the HBO show, I still feel that franchise is in the dog house for WB/DC.

Still surprised how little WB/DC did with Flash after his show.
    I’d kill for a Mass Effect style GL game. Heh you were surprised by WB failing to capitalize on a non-Batman hero’s success? In all fairness so was I but we really shouldn’t have been surprised.

I’d kill for a Mass Effect style GL game. Heh you were surprised by WB failing to capitalize on a non-Batman hero’s success? In all fairness so was I but we really shouldn’t have been surprised.
    Yeah but not even one of their cheap assembly line animated movies? Guess it's better than GA who got dropped like a bad habit when his show ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Heh funny. Since I'm on my phone I can't go to full detail yet. But basically, on it's very bones, DBZ Kakarot pretty much proves a Superman game can be made. Goku is very similar to Clark powerwise, in that game Goku can fly, run super fast,ect. Now, he doesn't crash into building or pass the invisible wall cause game mechanics and they don't need to be explained. It also had battles in midair.
    Again, like I pointed out, the problem is that Supes has a lot of villains who can't fly, so flight combat is more complicated to implement, unless everyone gets a jetpack, that's a problem DB doesn't really have.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I think a good Aquaman game might be harder than a good Superman one. Are there any underwater games that are popular?
    There is one which I forgot the name, but it's not a game that would be fitting for Aquaman to have since it's more about swimming on the oceans and relaxing, and not much else.

At the very least, if Aquaman were to get a game, it should avoid **** like sloppy movement and slow gravity, have the guy swim fast or whatever to avoid this lol.