Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I don't know how it can be done, but I think it is possible. They don't even need to use human enemies.

I think a good Aquaman game might be harder than a good Superman one. Are there any underwater games that are popular?
    Bioshock lol but that doesn’t actually take place in the water. There WAS an Aquaman game for the original Xbox but I never played it so I can’t speak to its quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Again, like I pointed out, the problem is that Supes has a lot of villains who can't fly, so flight combat is more complicated to implement, unless everyone gets a jetpack, that's a problem DB doesn't really have.

There is one which I forgot the name, but it's not a game that would be fitting for Aquaman to have since it's more about swimming on the oceans and relaxing, and not much else.

At the very least, if Aquaman were to get a game, it should avoid **** like sloppy movement and slow gravity, have the guy swim fast or whatever to avoid this lol.
    Plenty of games have foes that posses counters to aerial attacks however. Could always give them grappling hooks that you have to dodge lest you be pulled out of the air!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Bioshock lol but that doesn’t actually take place in the water. There WAS an Aquaman game for the original Xbox but I never played it so I can’t speak to its quality

Gameplay starts at 3:12

It looks like a poorly done DB game when it comes to combat, hella clunky and **** lol.

Plenty of games have foes that posses counters to aerial attacks however. Could always give them grappling hooks that you have to dodge lest you be pulled out of the air!
    Yeah, there are ways around it, it's just that those Triple A games would rather play it safe when coming up with games, and use the same old overused gameplay, so something as "new" as flight sounds like an effort they're not willing to put.

Honestly one thing they could do is reward the players if they don't cheese too much, like how in Devil May Cry you have to switch moves to get higher style ranks, which gives you more orbs, so you have less reason to stay away shooting at enemies... So cheesing with flight could be a possibility, but the game could give extra rewards if the player doesn't do it.

Of course, combat flight should still be there, no player will want to lose stuff from simply using a mechanic, but it could be done in a way where even when flying you still get to actually fight.

Thinking of it, teleporting enemies could be a decent way to deal with flight...

So yeah, there are options, I just wonder if that's too much creativity for Triple A games lol.

It’ll be interesting to see how they handle Deadshot’s jet pack in Suicide Squad because if WB Montreal is making a Superman game I pretty much guarantee they’re going to use some of the gameplay systems Rocksteady has built for SS.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

If you look at the Suicide Squad gameplay for Deadshot, Boomerang, and King Shark, those three have basically split up Superman’s powers between them. Deadshot has flight and heat vision (or in his case bullets), Boomerang has super speed, and Shark has super strength. Feel like the building blocks are all there to make a Superman game at this point.
    Was thinking same thing, while watching the trailer. One thing that I think was missing was collateral damage (going thru buildings and things like that) and guys using environmental objects as weapons. I kinda expect these things in hypothetical Superman's game.

Again, like I pointed out, the problem is that Supes has a lot of villains who can't fly, so flight combat is more complicated to implement, unless everyone gets a jetpack, that's a problem DB doesn't really have.

There is one which I forgot the name, but it's not a game that would be fitting for Aquaman to have since it's more about swimming on the oceans and relaxing, and not much else.

At the very least, if Aquaman were to get a game, it should avoid **** like sloppy movement and slow gravity, have the guy swim fast or whatever to avoid this lol.
    I feel the need to point out Champions Online both exists, and has underwater combat.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N695...OqhP8&index=40

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I feel the need to point out Champions Online both exists, and has underwater combat.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N695...OqhP8&index=40
    Self adventisement I see .

But yeah, definitely looks much better than that Aquaman game I posted above, if he were to get a game where the underwater mechanics are basically treated like flight, perhaps a bit sloppier, then it could work to be a fun enough game.

Of course, it shouldn't be just "flight, but underwater" kind of thing, but it'd be a start.

Self adventisement I see .

But yeah, definitely looks much better than that Aquaman game I posted above, if he were to get a game where the underwater mechanics are basically treated like flight, perhaps a bit sloppier, then it could work to be a fun enough game.

Of course, it shouldn't be just "flight, but underwater" kind of thing, but it'd be a start.
    Heh, I'm using things I uploaded because well.. I don't NEED to look for appropriate examples. I know exactly what's in these because I was playing the game

Underwater is a bit different from flight since most things don't fall and just float.

Here's a flying example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjwS...OqhP8&index=60

When flying you fall when KOed. The movement isn't a LOT different though. I think swimming is a bit slower.

Spectacular Member Hopeful Hero's Avatar

Saw this thread and thought maybe I'd drop my 2 cents in here. Not sure if this was already brought up but I always thought the safer bet (at least for the time being) would be to make a telltale Superman game. Hell I'd take that day 1 if that was in the cards.

Also just saw Wonder Woman getting her own game so you know there shouldn't be any excuses for a Superman game in the future.
    "So as I pray, Unlimited Pak Works!"

I've said this before and I still hold this to be true: the only kind of Superman game I'd really be interested would be totally story driven, like the Telltale Batman series. Spend as much time as Clark as you do Superman, make moral decisions, deal with interesting subjects, solve crimes analytically! Etcetera etcetera.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Spectacular Member Hopeful Hero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I've said this before and I still hold this to be true: the only kind of Superman game I'd really be interested would be totally story driven, like the Telltale Batman series. Spend as much time as Clark as you do Superman, make moral decisions, deal with interesting subjects, solve crimes analytically! Etcetera etcetera.
    Good sir, if there was an emoji for high fiving I'd use it right now. Because that's where you and I agree. I want that more than anything else right now.
    "So as I pray, Unlimited Pak Works!"

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Heh, I'm using things I uploaded because well.. I don't NEED to look for appropriate examples. I know exactly what's in these because I was playing the game

Underwater is a bit different from flight since most things don't fall and just float.

Here's a flying example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjwS...OqhP8&index=60

When flying you fall when KOed. The movement isn't a LOT different though. I think swimming is a bit slower.
    Yeah a certain sloppiness could be there compared to flying, but there also should be stuff to make underwater gameplay standout besides being just "Flying but sloppy" lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful Hero View Post
    Saw this thread and thought maybe I'd drop my 2 cents in here. Not sure if this was already brought up but I always thought the safer bet (at least for the time being) would be to make a telltale Superman game. Hell I'd take that day 1 if that was in the cards.

Also just saw Wonder Woman getting her own game so you know there shouldn't be any excuses for a Superman game in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    The thing is that, a telltale game doesn't really have gameplay, just making choices and doing QTEs, and while that can make it so you can focus better on the story part, it's not going to have the action part expected of a super hero game.

It can work, but at some point it'd be better for him to get a proper action game to end this "Superman in video games doesn't work" lol.

I wouldn’t turn my nose up at a Telltale game but I would prefer a game with actual gameplay rather than just a point and click game with QTEs.

I wouldn’t turn my nose up at a Telltale game but I would prefer a game with actual gameplay rather than just a point and click game with QTEs.
    I wouldn't mind something that has Clark Kent-focused but honestly, I got so sick of Telltale with how many of those they were chugging out during their peak.

The big thing about a Telltale game that I probably wouldn't like is that it would likely have scaled-back visuals.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    The big thing about a Telltale game that I probably wouldn't like is that it would likely have scaled-back visuals.
    Asobo would be better than Telltale imo. They did A Plague’s Tale and can do those “narrative” games with good graphics.