Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Radio dramas are a very hard sell in 2022.
    That's true. Still, hope it gets more exposure. This season had so many great moments. This take on Scarecrow and him still not being known behind the mask was used to great effect this season. Along with a very fun take on Harley and an amazing Two-Face (but that carried over from the great work they did with Harvey in Season 1). Jeffery Wright is also among my favorite Batman voices at this point. So on point!

Mighty Member

I finished season two as well and yeah, I enjoyed it a lot. I thought it was pretty cool that they had Scarecrow use both his civilian and masked identities for his own ends. You kind of take it for granted since most Batman villains are usually busted, so they don't keep them for long. And making him a cinephile was also a neat angle I'm surprised hasn't been explored before. spoilers:
    It's pretty cool that he also has a master plan that ISN'T just "gas the city in fear toxin".
    end of spoilers Harley Quinn as a scrappy starter forging her path in crime is fun, even if her new origin has less tragedy in it. I wasn't sure about Bat-Mite at first, but it all came together spoilers:
    when he interacted with Batman during his fear toxic trip.
    end of spoilers

There's not a lot of Riddler compared to season 1, but the plot with Penguin and Two-Face's "partnership" more than makes up for it. The latter gets fleshed out more than I expected, which is great. spoilers:
    Exciting for him to learn about Bruce's secret and how it'll affect him.
    end of spoilers

Fun season with some nasty cliffhangers. Good thing for the note immediately informing me that it'll continue in Part Two, so we'll probably get a resolution in a few months. spoilers:
    I feel like we'll be getting Bane and Clayface due to all the teasing, plus more of Maxie Zeus and Frenchy Blake (what an obscure pick!)
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by GamerSlyRatchet; 10-19-2022 at 11:48 PM.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Extraordinary Member

Batman: The Audio Adventures #2 Preview
    Writer: Dennis McNocholas
    Artist: Anthony Marques

Last edited by Hypo; 10-21-2022 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Batman: The Audio Adventures #2 Preview

Audio Adventures Ra's!

Also, Killer Croc tripping and imagining Baby Doll?

Mighty Member

It's a bit odd that they're touching on a villain as big as Ra's al Ghul on the comic tie-in with a fraction of the audience.

I wonder if Croc will recover from Dark Purple Dawn. It's apparently strong enough to turn Joker's defiant hostage into Harley Quinn, so....

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    It's a bit odd that they're touching on a villain as big as Ra's al Ghul on the comic tie-in with a fraction of the audience.

I wonder if Croc will recover from Dark Purple Dawn. It's apparently strong enough to turn Joker's defiant hostage into Harley Quinn, so....
    Yeah, I'm wondering about that too! Especially Dark Purple Dawn is essential to Harley's origin in this incarnation. So far, King Scimitar, Harley and now Croc have suffered the effects of Dark Purple Dawn and we have yet to see any of them recovered. I'm also intrigued by Ra's introduction here. We got some very interesting set up in issue 2! A bit more backstory but not the full picture... yet! Also, the frozen mammoth Penguin acquired from Season 1 is still relevant in the most unexpected and intriguing way. Also in regards to your Season 2 takes I strongly agree. Especially with how things turned out with Bat-Mite and I love this take on Scarecrow! He really is one of the biggest bads in the series with how much he is impacting the cast!

Extraordinary Member

Batman: The Audio Adventures #3 Preview

That Robin on a bike page looked straight out of a Darwyn Cooke cover.

Mighty Member

Interesting that Batman can actually hear the doll.

All that talk about cryogenics makes me wonder if we'll meet Mr. Freeze in this comic or in the latter half of season 2. He was mentioned once in season 1, I think.

Amazing Member

This series gets better and better! Issue 3 was the best so far. Robin investigation into Scarecrow's plans has him run afoul of certain fowl! Meanwhile, Batman's hunt for the sword that King Scimitar last possesed lets us meet another original gang made up for Audio Adventures. The Burma Shave Boys. They're a lot of fun. We also get more insight into Croc's backstory and in a twist realize that spoilers:
    this might be one of the youngest version of Croc we have had. I had a feeling that Waylon Jones getting infected by the Dark Purple Dawn could lead to just as much tragedy as comedy and now that is certainly the case. Waylon never knew much love or happiness in all his life and now he's feeling it even though it is a lie. It also gives new context for Croc's happy hallucinations involve being the "king of candyland" and whatnot.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Season 1 is now on youtube. There were only 2 episodes of S1 for a few months. Season 2 is currently being uploaded to Spotify. Yay.

Mighty Member

I'm glad it's more widely available. And hopefully the second half of Season 2 comes out after the first half is done.

Extraordinary Member

Batman: The Audio Adventures #4 Preview
    Artist: Anthony Marques and J. Bone

Poor Croc...just, poor Croc.

Amazing Member

Wow! That's awful what Waylon had to go through. I'm never not surprised how Audio Adventures can so effortlessly go from comedic to tragic and even a mix of both. Season 1 Episode 9 had the narrator (Chris Parnell) refer to the tales of "Life and Death in Gotham City" as a "comitragedy" and that is absolutely fitting. Speaking of which. Both seasons are now fully available on YouTube. Hoping more people will see it.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...3pp776guGrw6ZL