Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Default Do we think 616 Otto’s interference will affect the plot of Spider-Man 2?

I just remembered, back in Spider-Geddon #0, when 616 Otto/Superior Spider-Man at the time visits Earth 1048/Insomniac Spider-Man to recruit him, he leaves one of his Spider-Bots behind before leaving the Earth, almost teasing that it may somehow help Insomniac’s Otto escape prison.

Now I know that many times Games/Cartoons/Movies like to ignore canon established in comics as to not alienate the audience, but was there ever a potential reason for this panel? Please let me know if I missed on any continued plot points from this that may have been continued in comics set in the Insomniac universe. I may be latching on to something not that important lol.

B5DA923F-8744-485E-82D9-662145969417.jpg

Extraordinary Member

I doubt it.In the comics Spider-man got the idea for Mile's suit from Miles's from 1610.
    But in the games he made the suit himself.

That and we already have an ock and this version of ock is great.

I don't think anything will be referenced. The comic is basically "another place, another time" kind of deal.

BANNED

"Transmedia" (which is how videogame companies term game spinoffs) rarely crosses over into the final product.

Empirically, ask yourself how many people played the Spider-Man game, and how many people read "Spider-Geddon"?

That means that the game can choose to ignore the happenings of that comic if they wish.

That's how George Lucas always treated the Star Wars Expanded Universe. He can always go, how many people have seen and known the movies vs. how many people have read the expanded universe stuff, and always bet on the former and it's a bet that has paid off without fail.

Now there are instances, rare ones, where developers do acknowledge goings on in the comic. Like BATMAN ARKHAM KNIGHT opens with Joker in a crematorium and Joker's cremation happened in a transmedia comic called "Batman Arkham City: End Game". Now of course they did it so that nobody who came to AK cold would have missed anything but it's an example of how people have done it.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The video game and the video-game comics (oh my god) are two different Earths.
    "Cable was right!"

I guess it's because Christos Gage wasn't involved in Miles' game (or possibly the sequel).

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Honestly, that would be a cool side quest or something to have an interdimensional 616 Ock try to break out his counterpart.

Extraordinary Member

It also will never happen because 99% of people playing don't read comics and even those who do won't have read this one.A number 0 for a trashy event w/ no major consequences.

Incredible Member

it wont impact the story but if they reference it with the robot as a collectible you can find it would be kinda cool

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    it wont impact the story but if they reference it with the robot as a collectible you can find it would be kinda cool
    Oh yes, very cool.But it won't break him out of jail or anything.