Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Something else I noticed and stated was that this is pretty much what we have in Batman rn w/ Saint and Peackemakers.I should note some examples and/or exceptions:-

1)Batman has failed the city w/City of Bane and joker Wars, it makes sense people loose faith in him.And he's also more of a fear guy, not someone most would trust.Peter hasn't failed the city in the slightest and moreover NYC loves the guy or accepts him now.How may times has Corps. lied to the public, why is anyone in 616 buying this?
    Miles isn't thankfully, specially since in champions his relation w/ corps has been less than pleasant.

2)Peacemakers were established in future state.Beyond has one storyline in a comic most haven't read.Hopefully we get to know more about them in detail here.Also Batman keeps batman and has Saint, which they could have done here w/ Peter and Ben on first glance.But considering that we have so much to unpack w/ Spidey alone it kinda makes they will get him out.
    Again timing is like if they kill Batman an issue before/after the Batcat "wedding", it's just not the right time.

I just fail to see how they can possibly make this work, if 74 ends with both Peter and MJ alive they will have to unpack it all.So
    a)They skip it which would be horrible
    b)Or they give us 2 lines and then kill him

Is there anyway this works where we actual get the aftermath from 74.Genuinely can't see anyway to pull it off.(and for the easily offended, I just want to know how they pull this off,not attacking anyone.If you don't like it please scroll ahead)

3)Ben is very similar to the Peacekeeper-01.Mahoney(Peacekeepers) also wanted good IIRC, but Scarecrow f*cks him up, Ben is being mislead by the Corp in the first place.

4)And like Batman in that run who just got a big hallucination fight from Scarecrow, Ben will get one from Kraven.

5)Ben also has elements from Ghostmaker in the run, w/ being a better Spider-man as said in promo's.Only instead of fighting the og, he's being cleared out.

6)This Batman run is all about a Bruce w/ less money and tech, whereas Beyond is all about the money and the tech.

Just surprised how many similarities(and opposites w/ same bases) we have in Current Batman and Beyond have.And also if Beyond is consistent from what we've seen we might get aDevil'd Reign style MU coming to help.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 09-10-2021 at 10:48 AM.

Looking forward to this

Spectacular Member

Uhm, what is this? And why did they literally just spoil Peter in hospital? Why isn't this considered a giant spoiler by any of you, considering Issue 74 is not even out yet?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by federicodettofred View Post
    Uhm, what is this? And why did they literally just spoil Peter in hospital? Why isn't this considered a giant spoiler by any of you, considering Issue 74 is not even out yet?
    It's been spoiled for months now, although I'm w/ you in they shouldn't have spoiled it.There was a legit chance something could happen to him in this run.But solicits no matter how vague, the premise is Ben being Spider-man so we knew he was going.It was just a matter of death, come or vacation.First 2 are terrible timings, third could work if they had the next writer cover the vacation.

Amazing Member

Peter Parker and Ben Reilly together on one of the pages of The Amazing Spider-Man #75, confirming that some leaks from 4chan about The Amazing Spider-Man #74 was false

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dawidos View Post
    Peter Parker and Ben Reilly together on one of the pages of The Amazing Spider-Man #75, confirming that some leaks from 4chan about The Amazing Spider-Man #74 was false

Well they aren't punching each other so that's a win.The art is on point.
    So, theory time.

1)Beyond uses Ben to draw Peter to where they need him to get him "killed".We also saw Peter approaching U-foes, so I'm guessing they hired them too.So they both take them on then either it's a wrap for Peter or they win and there's another threat.Also seems like Miles shows up in the aftermath of this fight.
    2)Peter and Ben are talking and recapping what happened in the end of Spencer's run and aftermath.If so, that sucks.Hopefully the next writer actually shows us that conversations.

Expectations:-
    1)They are friendlies, no fighting between them.
    2)Once Peter is gone, his cast is shown grieving and then they are left aside from this.Don't play w/ that cast, leave them be for a Peter story.I swear if they have MJ date someone else in this we will throw hands.
    3)Beyond is Evil, Ben doesn't know

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Expectations:-

2)Once Peter is gone, his cast is shown grieving and then they are left aside from this.Don't play w/ that cast, leave them be for a Peter story.I swear if they have MJ date someone else in this we will throw hands.

How is in any way a realistic expectation Maybe there's an example out there somewhere but I can't think of too many replacement storylines where the supporting cast is just completely jettisoned. I'm sure they're going to introduce some new supporting cast for Ben here but a major part of any replacement hero story is how the replacement interacts with at least some of the originals existing supporting cast and villains.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    How is in any way a realistic expectation Maybe there's an example out there somewhere but I can't think of too many replacement storylines where the supporting cast is just completely jettisoned. I'm sure they're going to introduce some new supporting cast for Ben here but a major part of any replacement hero story is how the replacement interacts with at least some of the originals existing supporting cast and villains.
    Except his team is Beyond and all the stories after his death are Him vs Morbius and Kraven and training w/ dragon girls via beyond.This isn't superior, that's not the twist here.
    And we have so much to unpack with those characters after Spencer, it should be w/ Peter.I don't care about MJ opening up to Ben about how she feels, that's not his conversation period.
    They can say their hello's and sorry's.Mention them saying they are still grieving but development w/ them in this is a big no-no.
    He can interact w/ villains and talk w/ cast at the hospital.My point is don't make them regulars, we finally get all the BND OMD drama addressed, the aftermath should be right after.Since that's not the case let beyond run it's course and then have an aftermath instead of half-a*sing it in Beyond where the main guy isn't even there.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Well they aren't punching each other so that's a win.The art is on point.
    3)Beyond is Evil, Ben doesn't know
    I'm gonna throw my two cents here...
    This entire run is going to be resolving around Beyond's shady interests behind Ben's back. He eventually will discover the "thruth" and decide to bring them down. But before that, many heroes (including Miles and Kaine) and old villains (Carolyn Trainer, D'Spayre or even Carnage who couldn't take control of strong willed Ben), are going to attack our new Spider-Man thinking he is still twisted or trying to get revenge. Elisabeth/Janine out of prison, trying to make contact with Ben and start something new. The Daily Grind is open again. Ben is going to realize that he's not fighting for himself anymore and he's not alone (for the first time since... forever). Knowing the thruth behind Beyond Corporation, getting rid of the new suit (I bet this suit is wiretapped) and now sporting his classic one (created by Elizabeth/Janine or someone from the Daily Grind), he'll bring them down and regain his true hero status.

I'm hoping for some events like SpiderVerse or SpiderGeddon with Ben as lead, interactions between Ben and Daredevil or Ben and Black Cat. There is so much potential.

I know, I'm overly excited, but I can't remember when was the last time I was so hyped about Marvel comics (actually I do remember but Dan Slott killed my soul and interest that time, let's not talk about that).

Quote Originally Posted by federicodettofred View Post
    cause they already release the previews months ago?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Incredible Member

That’s the first time I really noticed the back side of Ben’s new costume. The Spider on the back looks real sweet!

Peter won’t be gone just absent for a while it’s his 60th anniversary next year

So Miles has one of Peter's old logos (1980s Web of Spider-Man) and Ben has one of Miles's old logos (his original one from when he took over Ultimate Spider-Man 10 years ago).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    I think he's going to be distrustful of Ben throughout this for several reasons.

#1 Another Spider-man shows up backed up by a corporation and the one that he knows and has formed a bond with is taken out of commission so in his mind that's probably a little more than coincidental.

#2 He's had his life been upended and complicated by clones recently so if he finds out Ben is a clone of Peter that's another potential source of distrust.

I also don't think it's coincidental that he's taken up a poor man's version of Kaine's Scarlet Spider costume and he and Ben obviously have had a complicated and turbulent relationship so I'm thinking they're going to go a little bit of that route with Miles and Ben throughout this.
    Miles already knows Ben's story since Otto told everyone during Spider-Geddon.
    "Cable was right!"

Fantastic Member

Oct - 75, 76, 77
    Nov - 78, 79, 80
    Dec - 81, 82, 83
    Jan - 84, 85, 86
    Feb - 87, 88, 89
    Mar - 90, 91, 92
    Apr - 93, 94, 95
    May - 96, 97, 98
    Jun - 99 (900), 100, 101 - Peter isnt missing this month lol not on his 60th anniversary

8 months of a filler story till we get Peter back, cant wait. Can we just skip ahead to June please.