Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    pretty sure kids are more concern with the Spider-man aspect of his life more than his Peter Parker life anyways.
    I wonder if that's why the recent cartoons focus so little on it.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    And this to me is the no brainer approach one should take when a comicbook series or really any form of entertainment goes in a direction you find yourself not interested in for whatever reason.
    Pretty much this. I'm not fond of JMS' run (it's just my take, not trying to start a "your taste sucks!" discussion or anything of the sort) and at the time the places where I posted I could see people were fine with where things were being taken there. So I pretty much just checked out until the run was done and checked whatever else interested me under the sun. I mean, we basically take up hobbies like these when the daily grind (no pun intended) gets a bit too much to our liking and we need to unwind, so if your own hobby also becomes a source of aggravation, that defeats the point entirely.

If I had to guess, Peter's either grilling Ben about Beyond, or saying that three Spider-Men is a bit too much.

Really excited to see Ben and Peter swinging around together, both in Spidey suits -- even if it's just for the beginning of the arc.

-Pav, who is glad so many others are excited...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I am one who will not comment after 874, and not be a troll to anger those who prefer Ben and ( or) the like the story: I will be more interested in my New York Islanders and Penn State Nittany Lions. Just like the Yankees it will be see you next year when Peter and MJ return:
    You are not too bad lol. You keep it to a minimum. I think we are all thinking of someone else when we talk about broken-record whining

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    Pretty much this. I'm not fond of JMS' run (it's just my take, not trying to start a "your taste sucks!" discussion or anything of the sort) and at the time the places where I posted I could see people were fine with where things were being taken there. So I pretty much just checked out until the run was done and checked whatever else interested me under the sun. I mean, we basically take up hobbies like these when the daily grind (no pun intended) gets a bit too much to our liking and we need to unwind, so if your own hobby also becomes a source of aggravation, that defeats the point entirely.
    This. I first did this when Mackie and Byrne relaunched Spidey and the infamous Chapter One came out. It’s funny how many people forget that era now. It was extremely maligned and some of the worst writing I had ever seen in Spidey books up until that point, so I just sat it out.

I came back for the first half of JMS’s era and left shortly after JRJr left. Aside from ‘Back in Black’ which I really like, everything he did post-JRJr leaves me cold.

And BND… forget it. I probably read 5 or 6 issues between the start of BND and ASM #700. I was curious about Superior, so I read most of that run. But then skipped most of Dan Slott’s volume 3 and 4, as they were pretty terrible. As for Spencer, I’ve read about two thirds of his run. I’ve skipped a few arcs, like the 2099 one, when I heard people complain about them. And honestly, I don’t feel like I’ve missed anything essential.

If I had to guess, Peter's either grilling Ben about Beyond, or saying that three Spider-Men is a bit too much.
    I’d be surprised if Peter didn’t still harbor anger over the whole clone conspiracy stuff. It’s really hard to put the toothpaste back in the tube when you try to kill everyone and replace them with clones.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I’d be surprised if Peter didn’t still harbor anger over the whole clone conspiracy stuff. It’s really hard to put the toothpaste back in the tube when you try to kill everyone and replace them with clones.
    Considering how quickly he was written as forgiving Doc Ock, I wouldn't be surprised if it's brushed over.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Considering how quickly he was written as forgiving Doc Ock, I wouldn't be surprised if it's brushed over.
    I guess I wouldn’t be surprised either because it was a bad storyline that most people want to forget and move past. But from a character POV it doesn’t make much sense.

I guess I wouldn’t be surprised either because it was a bad storyline that most people want to forget and move past. But from a character POV it doesn’t make much sense.
    I felt the same way about how Peter responded to Ock's when he came back.

I mean, he was kinda instrumental in stopping the Inheritors and saving the Spider-Verse. Plus Ben does seem to have at least gotten in good with other MU heroes so maybe Peter’s giving him a pass. Hell, look at how Kaine even came around to Ben in spite of Clone Conspiracy and he had been out to kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by DrewHLMW View Post
    Oct - 75, 76, 77
    Nov - 78, 79, 80
    Dec - 81, 82, 83
    Jan - 84, 85, 86
    Feb - 87, 88, 89
    Mar - 90, 91, 92
    Apr - 93, 94, 95
    May - 96, 97, 98
    Jun - 99 (900), 100, 101 - Peter isnt missing this month lol not on his 60th anniversary
    I think this sounds about right, but I'll propose a small change:

Oct - 75, 76, 77
    Nov - 78, 79, 80
    Dec - 81, 82, 83
    Jan - 84, 85, 86
    Feb - 87, 88, 89
    Mar - 90, 91, 92
    Apr - 93, 94, 95
    May - 96, 97, 98
    Jun - 99 (900) -- A quadruple-sized milestone issue (celebrating 900 issues overall) where Peter comes back as Spider-Man.
    100 (901) -- A double-sized milestone issue (celebrating 100 issues of this run) where all the Beyond stuff and any lingering plot points are wrapped up. Conclusion of this run.

Jul - 1 (902)
    First issue of the relaunch (ASM Vol 6) with a single writer, a new vision (probably starting to build towards 1000) and Peter as the main protagonist (though there could be other Spider-Men with him).
    We'll probably get a glimpse of what this looks like in the Timeless one-shot in December, so look out for that.
    I just hope that this potential relaunch marks the beginning of a pared down publishing schedule - something like 18 issues a year like what Aaron does for Avengers would be optimal I think for both the new writer and artist.
    The Spider-Man office can launch more side books if they feel the need to put out at least one new Spider-Man issue every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if that's why the recent cartoons focus so little on it.
    i mean thats what was my concern when watching the shows and movies
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Mighty Member

That art is killer. I love the back of Ben's new suit.

It's almost here. In October of 1996, Spider-Man #75 saw Ben fall to the Green Goblin, ending his time as Spider-Man. Now, nearly 25 years to the day later, Amazing Spider-Man #75 sees him back in the saddle at long last. And I, for one, can't wait to see where this goes. I'm full of concerns and worries. But also excitement. I hope Beyond can deliver a good story, and do Ben justice. The FCBD issue and these early preview pages are really bringing it home for me so far.

I've been waiting what feels like an eternity for this.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    That art is killer. I love the back of Ben's new suit.

It's almost here. In October of 1996, Spider-Man #75 saw Ben fall to the Green Goblin, ending his time as Spider-Man. Now, nearly 25 years to the day later, Amazing Spider-Man #75 sees him back in the saddle at long last. And I, for one, can't wait to see where this goes. I'm full of concerns and worries. But also excitement. I hope Beyond can deliver a good story, and do Ben justice. The FCBD issue and these early preview pages are really bringing it home for me so far.

I've been waiting what feels like an eternity for this.
    Not quite an eternity, but a quarter of a century! I wish people could be happier for us Ben fans instead of just complaining about Peter being out of commission for a few months. A few months is nothing... Ben was MIA for two decades. We deserve our time in the sun a bit.

Spectacular Member

Not quite an eternity, but a quarter of a century! I wish people could be happier for us Ben fans instead of just complaining about Peter being out of commission for a few months. A few months is nothing... Ben was MIA for two decades. We deserve our time in the sun a bit.
    I was 8 years old when they killed Ben

I didn't buy another issue of ASM until he was alive again

I'm very happy to have my childhood Spider-Man coming back, even if just for a bit, I hope we get a spin-off for him after he's done with in ASM

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Miles already knows Ben's story since Otto told everyone during Spider-Geddon.
    Because superhero's never get compromised, revealed as traitors or betray their friends.Also I said Miles understands clone's are dangerous, 616 Pete told him as much.And Ben's most memorable thing in modern history is clone conspiracy.Miles who has bad experience w/ clones in the first place and Ben being Spidey and Peter getting out of commission and Ben also being all Jackal recently doesn't raise red flags for him