Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    So you've forgotten all about... The Thirst?!
    My palms are starting to sweat at thought that cue might be enough to uncover buried memories!

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    The worst Aquaman issues I ever read were by Rick Veitch…a writer that I actually nearly always enjoy.

I’ve thankfully erased all the details from my mind…but I actually wondered at time if Rick was angry with DC over something or other and was deliberately making the comic crap…in my view it was so different from his usual quality.
    God yeah. Truly HORRIBLE.
    The Lady of the Lake and the Thirst.
    I was SO happy when that idea was eventually dropped.
    The artwork wasn't particularly great either...
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Granted what I've read from him wasn't all that great, but what was so bad about Erik Larsen's Aquaman?
    He basically shat upon everything PAD had done over the previous 3 years - from introducing new characters no one asked for (like, a lot of them) and giving them too much page time, to making Mera a cheater... it was just bad. The two writers also had a very public feud going at the time, so there are conspiracy theories to be mined, if that's your thing. Before Larsen the book was selling well, but he drove it down to cancellation numbers. When Jurgens & Epting came on, it was too late; even though there was an uptick, it wasn't enough to save it.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    My palms are starting to sweat at thought that cue might be enough to uncover buried memories!
    Just start repeatedly singing BARNEY song repeatedly out loud and everything else will vanish from your mind.
    "I love you, you love me
    We're a happy family
    With a great big hug
    And a kiss from me to you
    Won't you say you love me too?

I love you, you love me
    We're best friends like friends should be
    With a great big hug
    "

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Just start repeatedly singing BARNEY song repeatedly out loud and everything else will vanish from your mind.
    "I love you, you love me
    We're a happy family
    With a great big hug

I love you, you love me
    We're best friends like friends should be
    With a great big hug
    "
    It’s worked.

Now I just need to remember not to look at the earlier post…the one that troubled me before the mind wipe.

I’m currently reading PAD’s run. I read the first 7 issues, which I really liked, before going back and reading Atlantis Chronicles and Time & Tide.
    Atlantis Chronicles isn’t perfect, but I love how much depth it adds to Aquaman’s corner of the DCU.
    Time & Tide, however was not my cup of tea at all. I particularly dislike PAD’s treatment of female characters in this era (Kako has no personality and is only there to **** Aquaman and have his son) and some concepts were downright bad (again, Arthur sleeping with his adopted sister, him drinking Dolphin milk as a baby lol).
    But overall I’m still really excited about continuing with his run. It’s not as good as his Supergirl book from a few years later, thought.

Oh wait I just realized that I didn't ask if the YJ interpretation counted.

I feel they did a pretty good job explaining and expanding the various water powers as Atlantean magic attainable through study. Do they count or we look only at the books?

While I'm normally a Kurt Busiek fan, I didn't like his run on the title. I couldn't get past bringing in a new Aquaman who was so similar to the old Aquaman but wasn't him.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    So you've forgotten all about... The Thirst?!
    Am I the only one that kind of likes The Thirst? Well the idea of it at least.

A golem composed of dried-up earth that sucks the water/life out of you and turns you into a zombie slave... That sounds like a great villain to me, especially for a water-themed hero.