Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Brilliant!!!!

KwameKamikaze

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul View Post
    Holy shit, that clip felt a like direct , faithful lift from 'Spider-Men'. And kudos to Glover for finally getting his dream role, albeit in a different way. He is right for Spider-Man. I actually feel like catching up with Ultimate Spider-Man!
    You should. It's still great.

Wow ...

I like Garfield but man, did they ever miss the boat on Mr. Glover here.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

I never finished the second season, but I will say that there was a bit of an uptick in overall quality as the show progressed (IMO).

My highlights are still the Kraven, Scorpio and Arcade episodes. They had the right balance of humor, character and quality animation.

Looking forward to dipping my toes back into things with the upcoming season.

Astonishing Member

That definitely sounds like an USM comic brought to life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    I never finished the second season, but I will say that there was a bit of an uptick in overall quality as the show progressed (IMO).

My highlights are still the Kraven, Scorpio and Arcade episodes. They had the right balance of humor, character and quality animation.

Looking forward to dipping my toes back into things with the upcoming season.
    Scorpio, i.e. Zodiac, or the Scorpion?

All-New Member

Wow... didn't see this coming but it's definitely a welcome surprise. Glover does sound a little too old to voice a 13 year old, but I suppose that's a minor nitpick that I can overlook. I also have to admit that the scripting/dialogue here seems pretty good. I tested the waters with a couple of eps from Ultimate Spider-Man season 2 and still felt it left a lot to be desired. Hopefully, this is a sign that things have improved since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey616 View Post
    I wonder was there a reason he was dressed like that? Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    I wonder was there a reason he was dressed like that? Hmm...
    Bendis said he wrote Miles because of that ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Bendis said he wrote Miles because of that ...
    Because of JUST that, or that, added to his campaign for the role?

Interesting how real life has influenced art, however ugly, beautiful, or strange.

I'd still say a Spider-Man Noir, or Spider-Man 2099 show could be good. Different version of Peter, different Spider-Man, despite some similar kind oif vibe, perhaps, to Spider-Man Unlimited.

Wouldn't rush to Miles, as an animated show, unless it doesn't put a stop to the current. Two Spider-Men, or two realities.

Sure, if it can happen with comics, with Superior, Amazing, and 2099, then why not, sure?

Because of JUST that, or that, added to his campaign for the role?

Interesting how real life has influenced art, however ugly, beautiful, or strange.

I'd still say a Spider-Man Noir, or Spider-Man 2099 show could be good. Different version of Peter, different Spider-Man, despite some similar kind oif vibe, perhaps, to Spider-Man Unlimited.

Wouldn't rush to Miles, as an animated show, unless it doesn't put a stop to the current. Two Spider-Men, or two realities.

Sure, if it can happen with comics, with Superior, Amazing, and 2099, then why not, sure?
    But there was a silver lining, as Harmon gave a nod to Glover's campaign in the opening sequence of "Community's" Season 2 premiere, in which his character Troy is shown wearing Spider-Man pajamas. That brief appearance, in turn, inspired Bendis. "He looked fantastic!" the writer said in 2011. “I saw him in the costume and thought, ‘I would like to read that book.’ So I was glad I was writing that book.”
    From the linked article this thread is named after.

Astonishing Member

Scorpio, i.e. Zodiac, or the Scorpion?
    It was a Luke Cage centric episode featuring Fury's brother, Scorpio.

I wasn't a fan of their take on Scorpion and how they tied him to Iron Fist and aped Scorpion from MK. That was a lazy interpretation in my book.

As a reader of all the Miles Spider-man comics. I hate when people scream until they get a role. Its a turn off. I hope he's happy now.

All-New Member

Miles Morales and Spider-Girl. I would like to see that.