Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spectacular Member
    Octavius Core...wishing the doors would open...

Quote Originally Posted by norm3 View Post
    As a reader of all the Miles Spider-man comics. I hate when people scream until they get a role. Its a turn off. I hope he's happy now.
    He never "scream"ed for the role. He expressed interest and his fans took it and ran campaign to promote the idea. They didn't scream for it either, they just liked the idea.

He has a very good rap career and has made a name for himself as an actor as well. So I don't Donald Glover was dejected Sony cast Garfield.

The campaign his fans promoted helped give us a great character in comics

Marvel's finally done something right. It makes perfect sense for Glover to be Miles. Without Glover Miles wouldn't have existed and without Miles Glover would never be able to be Spider-man. Full circle. Glover is my favourite Rapper/Celebrity/Actor of all time and Miles is my favourite Comic Book Character of all time so these two together is one of the greatest things ever.

Am I really the only one who would prefer a Miles Morales series instead of this? Ultimate Spider-man has improved in season 3. The Agent Venom episode was great and all the others were solid (the two parter was basically The Avengers movie staring Spider-man though) but I think that this would be something different. A different Spider-man featured as a main character in a new Spider-man show. A Spider-man of different skin will attract different people in my opinion. I think more people would watch it than this

As a reader of all the Miles Spider-man comics. I hate when people scream until they get a role. Its a turn off. I hope he's happy now.
    When has that ever happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul View Post
    Holy shit, that clip felt a like direct , faithful lift from 'Spider-Men'. And kudos to Glover for finally getting his dream role, albeit in a different way. He is right for Spider-Man. I actually feel like catching up with Ultimate Spider-Man!
    Same here in both faithful lift and wanting to get caught up. The tone from that clip alone has be excited and I really only watch Ultimate Spider-Man on netflix here and there.

I wonder if in the universe Miles is from Peter actually died the same way he did in the comics or similar.
    I love the New 52. I love the dark and grittiness of it and find that is what makes the most enjoyable superhero stories. At the same time I find All Star Superman to be the most depressing Superman story I have ever read. Yeah I'm weird.

BANNED

People give a lot of shit to this because it's not Spectacular Spider-Man.

Yet ironically people endlessly shit on Star Wars Rebels (which is made by the SAME GUY WHO MADE SSM AND YOUNG JUSTICE).

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Huh?

He didn't do anything but benefit from a bunch of people online making a sort of campaign for him as a fan to play Peter Parker in the new movies, probably as a pipe dream that turned serious.
    http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/06/01/do...er-spider-man/
    Of course, Glover says he isn’t asking for the role on a silver platter. “Some people are mistaken,” he tweeted yesterday. “I don’t want to just be given the role. I want to be able to audition. I truly love Spider-Man.”
    Other people reacted like they reacted to black Human Torch but then Bendis thought a black Spider-Man might be cool and created Miles because of that.
    Last edited by PretenderNX01; 08-27-2014 at 01:55 AM.

Not a big fan of Ultimate Spider-Man in the slightest. I think it's by far one of the worst cartoons Marvel has ever made. But I'm all for this, Donald Glover doing the voice of Miles Morales. I think it's fitting, given how hard he pushed to become Spider-Man. I remember how he was linked to the inspiration for Miles years back. It makes sense to have him give Miles a voice. Peter Parker in the cartoon is insufferably annoying. I'll watch it if only to see Miles completely upstage him.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I also love how this feels like the Spider-Men comics, which is still one of my favorite stories.
    And I'm so happy about seeing Miles on TV! And the fact that Donald Glover is his voice actor makes me wanna scream. It feels like I waited a year for this to happen (I probably did)

Self-Loathing Bendis Fan

Not as much of a fan of this casting as everyone who's aware of the back story seems to be. Nothing against this actor, but he simply doesn't sound 13. It's actually quite jarring to hear an older voice come out of a 13 year old (drawn) body.

This was one of those things Marvel does to make more friends in Hollywood, sometimes at the expense of the product. Remember before Marvel Studios became what it is today, when Quesada was offering all the best writing gigs to Hollywood writers? The groundwork for a Marvel invasion of Hollywood was being laid out. The networking had begun.

And today, they are exactly where years of planning and positioning got them. Kudos. But sometimes, the decisions made along the way simply aren't for the short-term benefit of the product. And in my opinion (and apparently I'm alone on this), this was one of those times where Marvel chose the off-screen benefits over the on-screen ones.

Because it sure makes a cool story to say that the guy the character was allegedly based on is now voicing him. Plus, they add one more Hollywood friend to their rolodex (and whoever happens to be in his entourage).

It's win-win across the board, except for the fact that Miles sounds like he's 25, and much older than Peter.

steamboat

Let me see... Spiderman has been killed off and replaced by a multiracial (black/hispanic) Spiderman. Superman has renounced his American citizenship. Green Lantern is gay. Perry white is black. Wonder woman may be gay. The new fantastic Four reboot has a black Johnny Storm and a white Sue Storm. And now Thor has gotten a sex change. Archie is knocked off taking a bullet for a gay friend (is it Reggie or Jughead ?) . And now Captain America is black. This is what happens when liberals get in charge. They're not satisfied with creating a new set of diverse characters. They have to get in there and destroy our age-old icons.

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat View Post
    Let me see... Spiderman has been killed off and replaced by a multiracial (black/hispanic) Spiderman. Superman has renounced his American citizenship. Green Lantern is gay. Perry white is black. Wonder woman may be gay. The new fantastic Four reboot has a black Johnny Storm and a white Sue Storm. And now Thor has gotten a sex change. Archie is knocked off taking a bullet for a gay friend (is it Reggie or Jughead ?) . And now Captain America is black. This is what happens when liberals get in charge. They're not satisfied with creating a new set of diverse characters. They have to get in there and destroy our age-old icons.
    ...Do some research before you post. Most of these "changes" are from alternate universes that have no bearing with the regular comic series going on. And most of these changes are from movie adaptions and the ones in the main comics are only temporary. You'll get your blue eyed heroes back, don't worry.

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Let me see... Spiderman has been killed off and replaced by a multiracial (black/hispanic) Spiderman. Superman has renounced his American citizenship. Green Lantern is gay. Perry white is black. Wonder woman may be gay. The new fantastic Four reboot has a black Johnny Storm and a white Sue Storm. And now Thor has gotten a sex change. Archie is knocked off taking a bullet for a gay friend (is it Reggie or Jughead ?) . And now Captain America is black.
    Lemme take this down point by point

1. The Spider-Man who was killed off was an alternate universe character with no bearing on the mainstream Spider-Man book. Spider-Man is still a white guy.

2. Superman renouncing his citizenship was from a non-canon "What If?" story from a continuity that has since been nuked by the New 52 anyway.

3. Again, alternate universe version of the Green Lantern. You also don't seem to be aware that Green Lantern is a name shared by multiple heroes and has been since the Silver Age.

4. Perry White, a character I'm going to assume you (like most people) did not give a shit about one way or another until you found out they made him black so you could b*tch about it.

5. This is puzzling. I have no idea where you're even getting the "Wonder Woman might be gay" thing from.

6. Shockingly adoptions and interracial families exist in the real world.

7. Thor has not gotten a sex change; he's still around and the new Thor is a new character.

8. Again, one of those pesky alternate universe stories you seem to not be making a distinction of.

9. Captain America is not black, a black hero is now temporarily acting as the new Cap; there's a difference.

They have to get in there and destroy our age-old icons.
    The characters who are so iconic to you that you apparently don't know basic details about them.

I like this Miles more than the comic version.
    Hold my Annihilus- Johnny Storm