Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    Jason Todd has probably been put on the team because they have no plans to release another solo series in the near future, and it keeps him relevant. My best guess.

I'm more surprised by Superboy's addition to the team. He's in Suicide Squad as well....so I guess DC sees the value in pushing him.

Personally I like the classics, I'd rather see Roy, Wally, Cyborg, WASP, Tempest on the team, I'd even re-introduce the Guardian on the team, Mal's gotten the short end of the stick over the years.
    Wasp is Marvel, do you mean Bumblebee?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

This read like a generic Walmart non canon comic trying to link up with the show. Serviceable but nothing to rack your brain with if trying to make sense of continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    This read like a generic Walmart non canon comic trying to link up with the show. Serviceable but nothing to rack your brain with if trying to make sense of continuity.

Yep, nothing to stress over or over think, just read it, and enjoy or not enjoy it book by book.

I'm happy, cause Conner was drawn well(Lil less hair maybe than I care for).written well, heroic but not a pushover, with a Lil heat in him.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Hmm, I liked it. Nothing ground breaking but I like the team and they’re dynamic. It is trying to line up with the show, but I like the show so it works for me. Also really like Red Hood here, seeing him chafe against the other characters was cool. He fills the role of their Wolverine decently enough, although I kept wondering why he was constantly depicted brandishing his pistols when they’re just trying to clear an area and rescue civilians.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Ugh. Should've gone with my gut and skipped this. Now I'm already 3 issues deep into my preorder that I'll be stuck with...
    I'm behind so I can't comment on the issue yet, but yeah. I hate the pre order system so much because if you don't like issue one your choice is to eat several clunkers or be a scumbag to your LCS where you've likely built a relationship with the staff.

The entire end-consumer experience is awful.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I'm behind so I can't comment on the issue yet, but yeah. I hate the pre order system so much because if you don't like issue one your choice is to eat several clunkers or be a scumbag to your LCS where you've likely built a relationship with the staff.

In the rare instance I've had to put something back on the shelf at my LCS, I just bat my eyelashes and smile at a particular guy behind the counter...

Online pre-orders are another story. I still get most of my books through DCBS, in which case I'm S.O.L.!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

In the rare instance I've had to put something back on the shelf at my LCS, I just bat my eyelashes and smile at a particular guy behind the counter...

Online pre-orders are another story. I still get most of my books through DCBS, in which case I'm S.O.L.!
    Oh man. I just started ordering from DCBS so I feel your pain. Although I haven't put in my order for November yet. Holding off until the end of the month for just this reason. So now I just gotta eat issue 1 and 2 and not 3. Waiting for Deathstroke Inc to come out this month to see if I'll order issue 3 as well.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post

For the LCS, is it really that big a deal if you decide against a mainline DC or Marvel issue that you had them pull? Adding it back to the rack really may not be that big a deal as compared to some independent title the store normally wouldn't bother ordering extra copies of.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    For the LCS, is it really that big a deal if you decide against a mainline DC or Marvel issue that you had them pull? Adding it back to the rack really may not be that big a deal as compared to some independent title the store normally wouldn't bother ordering extra copies of.
    They paid for that copy with the understanding that you would buy it, now it's going to sit on the shelf where it may or may not be picked up by a random walk-in customer. With so many stores barely hanging on by a thread, it's still a dick move and I really do try not to do it if at all possible...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

They paid for that copy with the understanding that you would buy it, now it's going to sit on the shelf where it may or may not be picked up by a random walk-in customer. With so many stores barely hanging on by a thread, it's still a dick move and I really do try not to do it if at all possible...
    But if it's a book the store may have already ordered a few additional issues of, it could still easily get sold. Yes, you may not have wanted to order something and then not buy it, but it probably depends on what title it is as to how much of a problem it really would be for the store.

Then again, maybe people should seriously consider not pre-ordering series until they've had a chance to actually see the first issue or two?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Then again, maybe people should seriously consider not pre-ordering series until they've had a chance to actually see the first issue or two?
    Therein lies the dilemma - these days the only way to guarantee you get something is to pre-order, especially event or "hot" books.

Unless you wanna camp out overnight and be the first nerd in line Wednesday mornings.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009