Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Actually, the reviews are quite good. Rotten Tomatoes gave this season a great score.

Personally, I prefer this season over the previous ones, but it's very Gotham-centric, so I get why it bothers some viewers.

The book isn't supposed to be related to the show, it's supposed to be a stand-alone Titans story.
    It's not related in the sense that it's set in the same universe as the show, but it's certainly aiming for maximum synergy. They have the show's cast (inclusing Conner, Red Hood, Hawk and Dove) and they seem to be ignoring the current status of the Titans in the regular books.
    I think this is pretty much like the Wallmart Titans stories. Continuity-vague series that are targeted for new readers (which is weird in this case, because I don't see DC actually promoting this book to fans of the show).

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Did Jason just call Dick a dildo?

Oh it's a security guard baton

Dildo's funnier

Why people are judging this by the Tv series? It's not the same universe, it should be judged by its own merits, if is good or bad.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Why people are judging this by the Tv series? It's not the same universe, it should be judged by its own merits, if is good or bad.
    I think people are just chafing a little at the obvious TV synergy.

Me personally I think the only thing that stands out to me is how out of place Red Hood is. Even on the show Jason was only on the team as Robin.

Yeah, now that he's Red Hood, he's a villain. Though if they match the comics, that'll change to anti-hero sooner or later.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The only positive thing I can say about the show is that Blackfire's actress nailed her character.
    She seems pretty good from the little I have seen.

The guy who plays Bruce Wayne is a good actor. He's just in a show that is trying way too hard to be edgy. Once you decide that you are going to commit to depicting Bruce Wayne as a kid indoctrinating fanatic, it's going to be dark.

Iain Glen's Bruce Wayne is way saner than Frank Milller's at least.

And he looks more age wise like the Batman Beyond Bruce Wayne...which is no fault of his own.

Conner is flying not running, so not exactly like the show. I really wish he would be in more than this, because to DC this is a throwaway story done to bring in TV show fans, which it won't
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

I always wondered who will be in Jason's generational group of Titans?

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    I always wondered who will be in Jason's generational group of Titans?
    Actually, it would be . . . nobody?

Were any other new young/teen heroes first introduced during Jason's time as Robin?

Not many, considering he was only Robin for about three years. Jericho is one. He first appeared in the same New Teen Titans issue in which Dick became Nightwing. And Dick of course became Nightwing because Jason had just been introduced to take over as Robin.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not many, considering he was only Robin for about three years. Jericho is one. He first appeared in the same New Teen Titans issue in which Dick became Nightwing. And Dick of course became Nightwing because Jason had just been introduced to take over as Robin.
    And Jericho was introduced as an older hero, closer in age to Dick and the others, not a young teen who would be closer to Jason in age.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

Were any other new young/teen heroes first introduced during Jason's time as Robin?
    Not nobody, but it was fairly small. Kid Devil was actually a pen pal of Jason's at the time (though nothing was ever done afterwards). Pre-New52, Cass was within months of being the same age as Jason (though, after, it seems Jason was aged up while Cass was aged down).

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    . . . Pre-New52, Cass was within months of being the same age as Jason (though, after, it seems Jason was aged up while Cass was aged down).
    Pre-New 52 Cass wasn't introduced until well after Jason's death while he was Robin. (That would have been more around the time of Jason becoming Red Hood.)

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

Kid Devil, Ravager (who wasn't introduced as a vigilante/hero), and Danny Chase are basically it. The former two were thrown into Tim's generation for a while (which, to be fair, Tim's only meant to be a few years younger than Jason) and the latter has been dead since like 1989.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    He was also part of the Titans lineup in the digital Titans Together.
    I can see Jason working with the Titans. The first iteration of his outlaws were basically two Titans.
    No Outlaws didn’t operate like Titans and that doesn’t fit Redhoods mantra. I’m not a fan of shoehorning characters in just because
    The J-man