Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Kid Devil, Ravager (who wasn't introduced as a vigilante/hero), and Danny Chase are basically it.
    I'm pretty sure Jason was already dead by the time Danny Chase was introduced, wasn't he?

Attention subscribers to DCUI. The comic is already up there as is Batman: The World.

Jason Todd has probably been put on the team because they have no plans to release another solo series in the near future, and it keeps him relevant. My best guess.

I'm more surprised by Superboy's addition to the team. He's in Suicide Squad as well....so I guess DC sees the value in pushing him.

Personally I like the classics, I'd rather see Roy, Wally, Cyborg, WASP, Tempest on the team, I'd even re-introduce the Guardian on the team, Mal's gotten the short end of the stick over the years.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    Jason Todd has probably been put on the team because they have no plans to release another solo series in the near future, and it keeps him relevant. My best guess.

I'm more surprised by Superboy's addition to the team. He's in Suicide Squad as well....so I guess DC sees the value in pushing him.

Personally I like the classics, I'd rather see Roy, Wally, Cyborg, WASP, Tempest on the team, I'd even re-introduce the Guardian on the team, Mal's gotten the short end of the stick over the years.
    Red Hood will be leading Task force Z starting from next month, so he'll be the main character in a maxi series.

I think DC just included all the TV characters in this series so that new readers could get to know them as the comics characters.

This series isn't really set in the present time as the current runs, so it's not trying to fit with the current TTA or Nightwing runs.

That actually might be for the best. There's a chance to see Dick and Kory together.

Extraordinary Member

How many issues are in this run 6 ?

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Attention subscribers to DCUI. The comic is already up there as is Batman: The World.
    They still haven't launched the app outside the US

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Jason was already dead by the time Danny Chase was introduced, wasn't he?
    no, he was the one who told dick that jason was dead

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Ugh. Should've gone with my gut and skipped this. Now I'm already 3 issues deep into my preorder that I'll be stuck with...
    Isn't it a mini-series? I wouldn't by any Titans book with Red Hood in it, anyway. IMHO, the character shoud be, at best, a border-line villain anti-hero such as the Punisher, who no other real hero would willingly associate himself with.

Peace

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Just read it. Yeah, its just generic and serviceable. Its just there to promote the show. If your a fan of that then thats fine. But if your a Titans fan comic wise there isnt much here for you.

The art was pretty decent though.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    No, but Rose came later as a part of that same generation/age range. Jason and Danny were basically each other's only friends at the time.

Anyway this was good. JUST good. Nothing spectacular, but it serves to point out that this group works well together with at least a decent writer.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    No, but Rose came later as a part of that same generation/age range. Jason and Danny were basically each other's only friends at the time.
    Yeah, I think Danny is the one who told Dick about Jason's death when the Titans came back from space. Or at least he was there when Dick found out.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Isn't it a mini-series? I wouldn't by any Titans book with Red Hood in it, anyway. IMHO, the character shoud be, at best, a border-line villain anti-hero such as the Punisher, who no other real hero would willingly associate himself with.

Peace
    Yeah, it's a 6 (7?) issue mini. I was one of the few that didn't hate Abnett's run, and for some reason I thought this might be picking up where that left off.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I will be checking this out.

Like others have said odd to see Red Hood up there but I guess its probably because of the tv series.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Pre-New 52 Cass wasn't introduced until well after Jason's death while he was Robin. (That would have been more around the time of Jason becoming Red Hood.)
    But it was later established (I think around War Games) that they are around the same age.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I think Danny is the one who told Dick about Jason's death when the Titans came back from space. Or at least he was there when Dick found out.
    Danny is the one that told Dick that he couldn't get ahold of Jason or Batman, and then Dick found out himself. But yup!
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey