Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    I always wondered who will be in Jason's generational group of Titans?
    If Jason hadn't died (and Ti had therefore not been created) he would have been imo simply the Robin of Tim's generation.

Creating now retroactively a generation for Jason is little harder, you basically would have to pick characters that fall somewhere in the age range between Tim and Dicks Generation.
    That would maybe be characters like Connor Hawke, Jackson Hyde, some of the new Green Lanters (Simon or Jessica) or potentially some incarnations of Supergirl but most of these characters were created after Jasons death, and I'm also not that sure what the age gap between the an Jason is.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    If Jason hadn't died (and Ti had therefore not been created) he would have been imo simply the Robin of Tim's generation.

Creating now retroactively a generation for Jason is little harder, you basically would have to pick characters that fall somewhere in the age range between Tim and Dicks Generation.
    That would maybe be characters like Connor Hawke, Jackson Hyde, some of the new Green Lanters (Simon or Jessica) or potentially some incarnations of Supergirl but most of these characters were created after Jasons death, and I'm also not that sure what the age gap between the an Jason is.
    I always saw Jackson Hyde and Connor Hawke as being Tim's generation. Simon and Jessica would technically be Dick's generation, going by their ages, even if they became superheroes at a later age.

Jason's 'generation' if writers were to give him one would probably consist of characters who aren't team players or are on bad/ sketchy terms with the cape community for various reasons.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I always saw Jackson Hyde and Connor Hawke as being Tim's generation.
    Connor is older than Tim (and Jason), he was at least 18 when he became Green Arrow, with Tim being 14 or 15 at the time, and was often teamed up with Wally and/or Kyle.
    With Jackson Hyde I'm actually not sure how old he is (I'm not really reading Aquaman), but the current version seemed to me about 18 when he was introduced, which would make him also older than Tim's generation (who seem all still to be minors).

Simon and Jessica would technically be Dick's generation, going by their ages, even if they became superheroes at a later age.
    I'm have to admitt I don't really know how old they are supposed to be. The Green Lantern of Dick's Generation is Kyle Rayner, so Question would be if Simon and Jessica are younger, older or the same age as Kyle.

Astonishing Member

Connor is older than Tim (and Jason), he was at least 18 when he became Green Arrow, with Tim being 14 or 15 at the time, and was often teamed up with Wally and/or Kyle.
    With Jackson Hyde I'm actually not sure how old he is (I'm not really reading Aquaman), but the current version seemed to me about 18 when he was introduced, which would make him also older than Tim's generation (who seem all still to be minors).

I'm have to admitt I don't really know how old they are supposed to be. The Green Lantern of Dick's Generation is Kyle Rayner, so Question would be if Simon and Jessica are younger, older or the same age as Kyle.
    Simon and Jessica depicted as the same age or slightly older than Kyle.

Tim's generation are at the most eighteen.

This reminds me how Kyle Rayner was in a similar age range as the OG!Titans, palled around with Connor and dated Donna, and actually joined the adult Titans at some point.

Extraordinary Member

Oh than they would likely not fit.

Jackson seem at least to move into the mantle of Aquaman at the moment, while the Tim's generation seems to be stuck in their teen identities (and to a dregree even to regressed to pre graduation day).
    Tim's generation had also iirc allready two Aqua-Characters, Logoon Boy and an Aqua Girl. And Jackson was pre flashpoint never on a team with them.

Extraordinary Member

Oh than they would likely not fit.

Jackson seem at least to move into the mantle of Aquaman at the moment, while the Tim's generation seems to be stuck in their teen identities (and to a dregree even to regressed to pre graduation day).
    Tim's generation had also iirc allready two Aqua-Characters, Logoon Boy and an Aqua Girl. And Jackson was pre flashpoint never on a team with them.
    Jackson like red arrow and Jon are Damians generation

Tim’s generation is stuck in neverland

I really dislike Jason here(and I like the red hood outlaw series), but here he ses way out of place.

Gar is "on" way to much

Raven is repeating herself

Conner Is mostly on point, and of course looks like he should get his own series by himself again.

Question though = who was that kid on the left side of the page where kon was unconscious and remembering things. Conner was never a kid, so who was it?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post

Tim’s generation is stuck in neverland
    Only because he's not used in New 52 and Tim died and disbanded in Rebirth so he has to go to Damian

I thought she was a college student when first appeared?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Not really, the Titans team they were both on consisted mostly of characters from Dick's incarnation, and Jackson is far older than Damian and Emiko.

Conner was good, so I’ll keep reading for him but this was about as unambitious a story as you can get (expected for a Titans book).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Conner was good, so I’ll keep reading for him but this was about as unambitious a story as you can get (expected for a Titans book).

I'm right there with you
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

image hosting

Who is this suposoed to be?
    Imo can't be Conner, maybe Clark as a kid. God I wish it was a memory of Clark getting hurt as a kid or getting powers when he was young,male that epigentic memory a thing plz.

Not really, the Titans team they were both on consisted mostly of characters from Dick's incarnation, and Jackson is far older than Damian and Emiko.
    What defines a generation for these characters anyway? It seems to be age.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    What defines a generation for these characters anyway? It seems to be age.
    If we use what is typically seen as Dick's and Tim's generation (or at least the core), we have usually characters of roughly the same age that are tyically part of the same teen hero team.

For Dick and Tim it is at least pretty clear who the core members of their generation are.

For Damian it is a little bit harder, since his incarnations of Teen Titans never lasted that long, with out massive changes to the cast, and since due to all the up and down ageing in the recent years some characters that you would usually put in his generation are now pretty close to Tim's generation in age.
    Damian is for example clearly younger than Tim, but that's imo not really the case with Wallace, Emiko or Crush. And Jon is now suddenly older than the characters of Tim's generation. (At least when I look how Tim's generations was written and drawn in in the last Young Justice series).

And Jason of course doesn't really have a generation.