Extraordinary Member

Default Batman: The Adventures Continue Season Two #4 Preview

Batman: The Adventures Continue Season Two #4 Preview
    Writers: Alan Burnett and Paul Dini
    Artist: Jordan Gibson

Empty factory's are pretty common for criminals...

Mighty Member

I've been down on this series, but I'm kind of excited for this issue. We haven't seen Montoya in a meaningful role in this series (I also miss Bullock) and I'm looking forward to Jordan Gibson's art. A shame he's not sticking around.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    I've been down on this series, but I'm kind of excited for this issue. We haven't seen Montoya in a meaningful role in this series (I also miss Bullock) and I'm looking forward to Jordan Gibson's art. A shame he's not sticking around.
    I'm always down for more Montoya .

Incredible Member

The art definitely looks good.

Wish he'd have done the previous Batgirl issue.

Why is he leaving? Is Ty coming back?

Mighty Member

Watch this before starting this issue.

One of the strongest issues yet, not just in this season, but the run overall. In surface, it's another simple, one-shot story, but it is also well-executed, and without a lot for me to nitpick. Gibson's art and Kubina's colors were the highlights of the story. Combined, they create some gorgeous pages that really capture the noir vibe of the classic series. I hope Gibson works on future issues or even a new DC animation comic.

I don't know how to feel about Muscle. I like his costume and he ended up having more to him than just being a goon, but I don't know why he had an "Evil Batman" gimmick if it went nowhere. He ended up being pretty disposable. Killer Moth could've fit that role nicely, is all I'm saying.

I liked seeing some old B:TAS faces come back like Montoya and Thorne, especially the former's love life and accomplishments. I don't know why she had a thing against Batman handling ordinary crime. I mean, it's an interesting angle to explore, but it should've been established more. Bullock getting that cake made me smile.

I see we're staring he final story arc, between Hill Jr. honoring Montoya and Emerson Mayfield making his move. It doesn't sound as interesting as the Red Hood arc, but maybe Dini and Burnett have some surprises in store.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Watch this before starting this issue.

One of the strongest issues yet, not just in this season, but the run overall. In surface, it's another simple, one-shot story, but it is also well-executed, and without a lot for me to nitpick. Gibson's art and Kubina's colors were the highlights of the story. Combined, they create some gorgeous pages that really capture the noir vibe of the classic series. I hope Gibson works on future issues or even a new DC animation comic.

I don't know how to feel about Muscle. I like his costume and he ended up having more to him than just being a goon, but I don't know why he had an "Evil Batman" gimmick if it went nowhere. He ended up being pretty disposable. Killer Moth could've fit that role nicely, is all I'm saying.

I liked seeing some old B:TAS faces come back like Montoya and Thorne, especially the former's love life and accomplishments. I don't know why she had a thing against Batman handling ordinary crime. I mean, it's an interesting angle to explore, but it should've been established more. Bullock getting that cake made me smile.

I see we're staring he final story arc, between Hill Jr. honoring Montoya and Emerson Mayfield making his move. It doesn't sound as interesting as the Red Hood arc, but maybe Dini and Burnett have some surprises in store.
    I definitely agree this was the strongest issue of the whole run.