Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fantastic Member

I was a reporter at People magazine living in Brooklyn and was about to take a shower when a friend told me a plane had flown into the tower. I remember thinking it was a shame. I was in the shower and she knocked on the door saying another plane had hit. Like everyone, that's when I knew. I hustled to get into the city, knowing the trains would be shut down. They were, while I was on it. By the time the trains started again, everyone was being routed far from WTC. I got out at Union Square and began walking toward the site, which was smoking. The city was eerily quiet. People were gathered around TVs that had been set on the street. Later, when I saw photos from the day, I didn't realize they were in black and white, because that's what I remember, that there was no color once the towers fell. Our entire issue was dedicated to the attack.
    Screen Shot 2021-09-11 at 10.08.29 PM.jpg

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I just remember living with my older brother who moved to West LA at the time, I was 25, I fell asleep on the sofa to the TV and he came out of the room and woke me up. I saw the second tower get hit. I was born and rasied in CT and I still had family there of course and they were like 20 - 45 minutes by highway depending on wich relative so i was a bit nervous. Then there was my moms cousin who actually lived in NYC too with her partner. They also said they may try for LA and there was a huge crowd down going towards Sanata Monica and I was walking and people were running the opposite way in a panic. Nudging past me, not intentionally they were scared. I had to be somewhere it had to do with a new job. So I was focused on that.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 09-12-2021 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    . . . I was born and rasied in CT and I still had family there of course and they were like 20 - 45 minutes by highway depending on which relative . . .
    I'm guessing that's with light traffic?

I live in Weston; also use to have an apartment in Norwalk and previously lived in Bridgeport for about 6 months.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I'm guessing that's with light traffic?

I live in Weston; also use to have an apartment in Norwalk and previously lived in Bridgeport for about 6 months.
    They lived in New Haven and Bridgeport counties. I have been to BP many times. Same with NW. I was born there at the BP hospital. I grew up in Litchfeid County though after us being in BP a year maybe a few more its fuzzy. My mom moved back to where she grew up by the time I went to live with my brother.