View Poll Results: Would You Be In Favor Of Disney Owning DC?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! The Mouse Could Handle The DC Properties Well

8 27.59%
  • No! The Mouse Would Do A Terrible Job.

9 31.03%
  • I’d Be Indifferent.

12 41.38%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

To put it simply, it's either going to be a Star Wars situation or an MCU situation if Disney bought DC.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    That’s called a monopoly and it would never pass
    The handful of greedy bazillionaires that run the world would like a word with you in the kitchen...

Actually, no, they wouldn't. They prefer to work from the shadows and go unnoticed, like the vermin they are.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Derivative of live-action movies or tv would currently mean more stuff that isn’t all Batman or Bat-adjacent like Poochie and the Hot Topic Squad.
    You say that like Disney wouldn't probably market Harley and the Hot Topic Squad just as hard. They'd probably push hero Harley and her empowerment story even harder .

I wonder how it would impact the Captain Marvel legal battle? Will Billy get to be Captain Marvel again while Carol takes on another identity? Or will they both be Captain Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I wonder how it would impact the Captain Marvel legal battle? Will Billy get to be Captain Marvel again while Carol takes on another identity? Or will they both be Captain Marvel?
    Depends on when it would have happened. Carol might have stayed Ms. Marvel.

Incredible Member

Harley isn't hard.
    She would just be another Black Widow.

Harley would just be a young girl who didn't know what she was doing,
    manipulated into things by the Joker. Then she found herself.

Wait a minute, that pretty much is where we are anyway. It would
    be no different.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Anyone who makes so much as a Superman or Batman birthday cake will get sued into poverty.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

One thing is for sure: we wouldnt have any of our remastered shows that we have now as Disney isn't bout that life.

Definitely wouldnt have Harley Quinn animated series.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Is it a battle when DC practically moved on?

It'd be merged with Marvel, it'd be merged with the MCU, and literally it'd be treated the exact same. So whether it's good of bad depends on how much you love how Marvel is under Disney.
    Frankly, I like the MCU, but I blanch at the thought that literally every superhero product would be the same. I like variety, everything superhero being like the MCU just...no. Please no.

Derivative of live-action movies or tv would currently mean more stuff that isn’t all Batman or Bat-adjacent like Poochie and the Hot Topic Squad.
    Holy crap - I don't know if you've ever not called Harley Quinn Poochie. Once or twice sure, but really every time?

I'm trying to picture Harley as a singing Disney™℠®© Princess.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You say that like Disney wouldn't probably market Harley and the Hot Topic Squad just as hard. They'd probably push hero Harley and her empowerment story even harder .
    So essentially between that and mediocre/bad animated projects it wouldn't be that different. Let's give this Disney thing a go then

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And yet, how is "Captain Marvel" (Carol Danvers) fairing at Marvel?

I haven't paid attention in a while, but in the past it felt like her books were floundering a bit.
    Not sure about books but in the films ALL of the bootay is what she is kicking. Like, awl of it. And her most epic moments echo whose epic moments in Justice League Heroes and the JLU finale? Wonder Woman's. That gives me faith they would handle WW well because in a sense they already ARE

Would Disney have okayed Superman Smashes the Klan? Because I'm not sure I want to live in a world without that book.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    One thing is for sure: we wouldnt have any of our remastered shows that we have now as Disney isn't bout that life.
    Or DVD releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    It'd be merged with Marvel, it'd be merged with the MCU, and literally it'd be treated the exact same. So whether it's good of bad depends on how much you love how Marvel is under Disney.
    Frankly, I like the MCU, but I blanch at the thought that literally every superhero product would be the same. I like variety, everything superhero being like the MCU just...no. Please no.
    The DC Cinematic Universe: Now with more Quips!
    So essentially between that and mediocre/bad animated projects it wouldn't be that different. Let's give this Disney thing a go then
    Look at it this way. Compare having a variety of animation of various quality, we could have very little to no animation and most of it very cheap and unmemorable outside one that is made purely for movie fans.

Does this seem ideal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Would Disney have okayed Superman Smashes the Klan? Because I'm not sure I want to live in a world without that book.
    DC has had a more extensive Elseworld graphic novel divison than Marvel does, so it probably depends on how hands-off they are.

Both companies put out garbage now a days, but Marvel is much much better about releasing trades of back issues and restoring digital releases. They are also better at digital discounts, so it would be a good thing.