View Poll Results: Would You Be In Favor Of Disney Owning DC?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! The Mouse Could Handle The DC Properties Well

8 27.59%
  • No! The Mouse Would Do A Terrible Job.

9 31.03%
  • I’d Be Indifferent.

12 41.38%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Then every DC movie would've been about traditional family values.

Wondy, Babs, Kara, and Harley get to be Disney Princesses.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Pretty much all of the non-Batman IP would be better suited at Disney than WB. Wonder Woman for example would be huge and would’ve been pushed far more than she is because Disney is great at making content for women. Diana would fit in easily as a Disney Princess.

They’d probably treat Superman with far more respect as well. DC as a whole would be a much better fit at Disney to be honest.
    Both WB and Disney had sexists in charge for a while who didn’t believe a female lead superhero film could make money, why do you think it took so long for Black Widow to get made.

WB cracked first, but I don’t think being owned by Disney would have gotten WW a movie sooner. Maybe an animated cartoon, though.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Hope that never happens. I'm still not comfortable with Marvel being part of Disney despite their movies being successful financially.

HBO Max wouldn't be nearly as great as it is. Titans would not exist as is. There wouldn't be amazing animations like Harly Quinn, or alternative great movies like Suicide Squad. It would have been a hot mess. All animations would have proably been outsourced despited disney starting off as an animation company. The bugs bunny reboot would be him hanging out with Mickey and friends. Definitely no tom and Jerry reboot and if they did Pluto would prob take the place of the pitbull. Basically a mess.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Not sure about books but in the films ALL of the bootay is what she is kicking. Like, awl of it. And her most epic moments echo whose epic moments in Justice League Heroes and the JLU finale? Wonder Woman's. That gives me faith they would handle WW well because in a sense they already ARE
    How was she echoing Wonder Woman?

There would also be no Nubia, no brazilian wonder woman, and definitely not a book as diverse as the lastest green lantern run.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Look at it this way. Compare having a variety of animation of various quality, we could have very little to no animation and most of it very cheap and unmemorable outside one that is made purely for movie fans.

Does this seem ideal?
    As opposed to the current output of cheaply made and unmemorable animated movies that are mainly Batman, Superman, or Justice League movies?

No Poochie animated series and no Injustice animated movie is a win in and of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    There would also be no Nubia, no brazilian wonder woman, and definitely not a book as diverse as the lastest green lantern run.
    You sure? Those sound like characters Marvel or Disney would want.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    You sure? Those sound like characters Marvel or Disney would want.
    They barely seem to want Monica Rambeau, Blue Marvel, Storm, characters who should be at the level of wonder woman and superman but crickets. I mean think about this, Storm in herself is already a princess, super powerful, etc. If any character has a built in disney princess movie with style written all over them it would be her but where is it? Marvel has two of the most prominent lgbt character in wiccan and hulking but they would never get the star treatment harley and ivy got in harley's cartoon on Max. Justice League has been having lots of diverse cast members but look at the cover for Avengers Forever. Marvel don't want what they have so i can't see them wanting Yara or Nubia.

Hell even the batman webtoon has diversified the batman family while marvels online offerings are pretty much all white heroes and a shark.
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-13-2021 at 06:41 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    HBO Max wouldn't be nearly as great as it is. Titans would not exist as is. There wouldn't be amazing animations like Harly Quinn, or alternative great movies like Suicide Squad. It would have been a hot mess. All animations would have proably been outsourced despited disney starting off as an animation company. The bugs bunny reboot would be him hanging out with Mickey and friends. Definitely no tom and Jerry reboot and if they did Pluto would prob take the place of the pitbull. Basically a mess.
    Considering how mixed-to-bad Titans generally is, and how much it’s been reduced to a Batman adjacent show I struggle to see how that would be a bad thing, exactly.

And isn’t DC kind of a mess anyway? There’s several shows taking place in a different universe all at once, lol.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Considering how mixed-to-bad Titans generally is, and how much it’s been reduced to a Batman adjacent show I struggle to see how that would be a bad thing, exactly.

And isn’t DC kind of a mess anyway? There’s several shows taking place in a different universe all at once, lol.
    I don't mind them taking place in several universes as long as i enjoy the results. Suicide Squad 2 was an amazing movie from start to finish i was in stitches. Also titans i admit i have not followed titans so i'm not tied to their history but i am loving the show. I binged the first two seasons in like 3 days and hate waiting for the new episodes. I don't really read reviews or critics stuff i go by what i enjoy. Critics are usually paid voices anyway.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Both WB and Disney had sexists in charge for a while who didn’t believe a female lead superhero film could make money, why do you think it took so long for Black Widow to get made.

WB cracked first, . . .
    All the way back in 1984.

Ah, good old Supergirl 1984. Forgot about that movie, lol.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    All the way back in 1984.

I just watched that yesterday, lol.

On-topic: My really unpopular opinion is I really don’t see the current DC animated stuff as all that much better than Marvel’s animated stuff. DC is willing to make animated fare aimed at older audiences, but they’ve mostly gone downhill for me and there animated stuff too focused on the Trinity or Batman for myself to really care. So Disney handling the animation like they’ve handled Marvel’s animation department; wouldn’t be that much of a downgrade. We still haven’t even gotten a WW animated series after all these years. Though, I will say the new Superman show looks promising and fun. So I’ll be on the look out for that.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 09-13-2021 at 09:07 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.