Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I don't really have much in the way of what I want them to keep, the Batman Beyond runs have never been all that compelling to me
    Dustin Nguyen's run was actually amazing. He blended the canon and DCAU worlds so seamlessly and it truly felt like a continuation of the show for me. It's clear Jurgens had never watched the show and just had no interest in the character or world whatsoever. But I'm glad DC is still giving love to Batman Beyond at least.

Is his run collected?

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    Dustin Nguyen's run was actually amazing. He blended the canon and DCAU worlds so seamlessly and it truly felt like a continuation of the show for me. It's clear Jurgens had never watched the show and just had no interest in the character or world whatsoever. But I'm glad DC is still giving love to Batman Beyond at least.
    Was that after the stuff with Hush?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Was that after the stuff with Hush?
    I think he's getting JLU Beyond confused with Batman Beyond, Nguyen only ever did covers for the Beyond books by Adam Beechen which were pretty good books.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member

Old Lady Babs...

Are those supposed to be Splicers?

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I think he's getting JLU Beyond confused with Batman Beyond, Nguyen only ever did covers for the Beyond books by Adam Beechen which were pretty good books.
    It is more complicated than that. There were "digital first" editions of Batman Beyond, Justice League Beyond and Superman Beyond. These then entered the print medium in Batman Beyond Unlimited (and maybe a little bit into Batman Beyond Universe).

So, digitally, there was a JL Beyond, but if you were looking for it in print you read Batman Beyond Unlimited. Nguyen and Fridolfs did the writing/art (they both did writing, Fridolfs did inks) on JL Beyond.

BB Unlimited was one of my favorite runs.
    Last edited by Tulku; 01-22-2022 at 10:23 AM.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tulku View Post
    It is more complicated than that. There were "digital first" editions of Batman Beyond, Justice League Beyond and Superman Beyond. These then entered the print medium in Batman Beyond Unlimited (and maybe a little bit into Batman Beyond Universe).

So, digitally, there was a JL Beyond, but if you were looking for it in print you read Batman Beyond Unlimited. Nguyen and Fridolfs did the writing/art (they both did writing, Fridolfs did inks) on JL Beyond.

BB Unlimited was one of my favorite runs.
    True, I got them digitally and forgot about the later collected book.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!