Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I enjoyed their brief Green Arrow run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    You should check out their Boom book with Marcus To, Joyride.
    First issue of their Kang mini over at Marvel was pretty good, I think these two have talent. Problem with duo writers though is that if they ever break up like DnA did, they may not be as good separate as they were together.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'll second Joyride recommendation.

Do you guys think they will once again change the timeline? So far this is the second Batman Beyond book.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Do you guys think they will once again change the timeline? So far this is the second Batman Beyond book.
    Apparently this is not a continuation of the Jurgens run, so I expect it to be a soft reboot.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Apparently this is not a continuation of the Jurgens run, so I expect it to be a soft reboot.
    Seems like they keep rebooting the Beyond timeline...

Seems like they keep rebooting the Beyond timeline...
    Well, it may be hard to change the past, but the future is never set in stone.

Just look at what DC does with the Legion of Super-Heroes!

I'm curious what do you guys hope they keep ?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm curious what do you guys hope they keep ?
    I don't really have much in the way of what I want them to keep, the Batman Beyond runs have never been all that compelling to me, but I have a couple stuff i would like to see from this. I would like them to more explicitly try to treat it like an elseworld/parallel earth that's just ahead of main continuity that moreso parallels the stories from the animated series rather than acts like a continuation of the animated series. I feel like, when I had read issues from previous Batman Beyond runs, it felt like I was reading an inferior version of the animated series and it also never quite felt like a future DC universe in the comics or apart of the omniverse at all either. I just hope they can adapt the concept from the animated series, apply it to the modern DC universe, then get creative and take wilder swings from there.

tbh I don't have high expectations for this tho. I feel like Future State pretty much scratched my itch for a future set Gotham better than Batman Beyond's ever done in the comics. I'd rather see more of Future State than the Beyond verse. a more interesting concept imo would have been to reboot Batman Beyond in the Future State timeline. I think the last story regarding Gotham is in around 2045, so you could just set Terry in 2050 onward.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 01-18-2022 at 09:10 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Im not surprised but I dont know why DC/WB ignore this franchise outside of comics. Do some DTVs, new show, Justice League Beyond...

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Im not surprised but I dont know why DC/WB ignore this franchise outside of comics. Do some DTVs, new show, Justice League Beyond...
    I remember when it was rumored they were going to do a movie about it...although wasn't there a JL: Beyond comic? Or maybe that was just an arc in the Beyond comic.

Yea I'm surprised to that they never made another animated show or animated series. I know around the time of the complete series release a va said they might do a new series. So far nothing has come from that. There were rumors of a tv show for Batman Beyond but that also seems to have follow through. Rumor has it Keaton was suppose to be Playing old man Bruce

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I remember when it was rumored they were going to do a movie about it...although wasn't there a JL: Beyond comic? Or maybe that was just an arc in the Beyond comic.
    There was a Justice League Beyond comic and it was amazing
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    There was a Justice League Beyond comic and it was amazing
    Might have to check it out now .

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Might have to check it out now .
    I had amazing art by Dustin Nguyen so well worth checking out.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!