Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Which Spiderman Rogues can defeat Modern Deathstroke?

Modern Deathstroke seems to be faster, stronger, and more durable than Post Crisis. He also has the Ikon Suit.

I figure Spiderman could beat him by just webbing him up for a ten count, but I wonder if someone like Doctor Octopus could win?

Scenario 1: Arena

Scenario 2: Slade gets 1 hour prep time.
    Last edited by Marvel-Studios Rep; 09-12-2021 at 08:33 PM.

I have no clue what an Ikon suit is, but unless it's something that puts Deathstroke on Ironman level, I'm not liking Slade's chances. Anybody that can give Spidey a run for his money should be able to mop the floor with 'Stroke. (Unless we're talking about the "Able to handle the entire Justice League by himself" version of Deathstroke that occassionally pops up, but that's just silly.)

Ultimate Member

Current Carnage is way above Slade.

I don't think Slade can stop a guy like Morlun either.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I have no clue what an Ikon suit is, but unless it's something that puts Deathstroke on Ironman level, I'm not liking Slade's chances. Anybody that can give Spidey a run for his money should be able to mop the floor with 'Stroke. (Unless we're talking about the "Able to handle the entire Justice League by himself" version of Deathstroke that occassionally pops up, but that's just silly.)
    Ikon Suit has feats of like, "very temporarily holding up under hits from a reasonably peeved Superman,"

It makes his durability pretty wildly out there.

Extraordinary Member

Stuff like this is why I'm becoming increasingly disintrested in Deathstroke.

“9200% of design limit”?

That right there is epic-level bullshit.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I did like that it was emailing funeral arrangements. That's a nice touch mid-combat.

Even that, of course, required Supes to forget to hit Slade a hundred thousand times in a fraction of a second.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I did like that it was emailing funeral arrangements. That's a nice touch mid-combat.

Even that, of course, required Supes to forget to hit Slade a hundred thousand times in a fraction of a second.
    As I recall, part of the suit's design is that it absorbs and rebounds the kinetic energy from Superman's punches in a gravitational shockwave sort of thing. Hence why Superman has a nosebleed there.

So Superman might have figured, when he hit it the first time and got hit with the subsequent responding pulse, that going rapidfire might actually go poorly for him.

I've also seen scans from another encounter wherein Superman effortlessly disarms Slade, blitz punches him just gently enough to break through the defences but it's specifically noted that doing this without turning Slade into a fine red mist is a bit of a challenge for him.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 09-13-2021 at 04:24 AM.

Ikon Suit has feats of like, "very temporarily holding up under hits from a reasonably peeved Superman,"
    That seems to fall under the "Deathstroke is able to handle the entire Justice League" level so I'm just going to pretend it doesn't exist.

“9200% of design limit”?

That right there is epic-level bullshit.
    Frankly, I'd say that's worse than the Spider-man vs Firelord or Black Panther holding back Silver Surfer. At least they didn't feel the need to hand otu numbers pointing out how stupid the whole thing is.

How's the suit handle Sandman?
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    How's the suit handle Sandman?
    Quite poorly, I'd imagine.

It would also certainly struggle with Electro I'd guess?

Even Hydro-Man would be a problem.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Quite poorly, I'd imagine.

It would also certainly struggle with Electro I'd guess?

Even Hydro-Man would be a problem.
    The suit specifically only stops physical objects and only really provides proper absolute defence against objects of a fist size or smaller.

Explosions, for example, still throw him around. The suit protects him a bit but the impact zone is too wide for it to work correctly. Bullets and fists etc are what it's designed for.

Electro, Hydro Man and Sandman take him out pretty free.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 09-14-2021 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    That seems to fall under the "Deathstroke is able to handle the entire Justice League" level so I'm just going to pretend it doesn't exist.
    I mean, it's a legit and consistent part of his arsenal that he has employed against Superman on multiple occasions at this point. If you want to contribute to the thread, you kind of have to acknowledge that it's a thing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    The suit specifically only stops physical objects and only really provides proper absolute defence against objects of a fist size or smaller.

Explosions, for example, still throw him around. The suit protects him a bit but the impact zone is too wide for it to work correctly. Bullets and fists etc are what it's designed for.

Electro, Hydro Man and Sandman take him out pretty free.
    So if Superman had used any of the many other options at his disposal besides punching that fight would've been over pretty quickly. Good to know.

Mighty Member

Gets Deathstroke the godkiller sword too, at least in round 2:

or just his new godkillers:

https://static1.cbrimages.com/wordpr...&h=575&dpr=1.5