Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Default Dr Doom vs Dr Fate vs Dr Strange vs Zatanna

An artist I follow put this one on Twitter, thought it might be fun here.

- Dr Strange (616)
    - Dr Doom (616)
    - Dr Fate (Rebirth or most recent version)
    - Zatanna (Rebirth or most recent version)

Modern versions of all involved. Base power levels, no special juiced states or whatever.

Fight takes place... in a deserted downtown Dublin in Ireland.

Which master magical (or tech) takes it in this hocus-pocus hoedown?

Does Rebirth include Pre-Crisis power levels as default? I get so confused. DC continuity is so frickin’ muddled.

(I’m afraid of saying this in case they reboot again in an attempt to clarify the situation.)

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Ehh, Zatanna’s got some pretty good feats post-Rebirth doesn’t she? Whereas it seems Drs Fate and Strange seem to vary a lot.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...birth-2091280/

Here’s a link that seems pretty legit as far as her newest incarnations feats.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Does Rebirth include Pre-Crisis power levels as default? I get so confused. DC continuity is so frickin’ muddled.

(I’m afraid of saying this in case they reboot again in an attempt to clarify the situation.)
    Too late. There they did it again...
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Current Strange is back in the area where he can, even when exhausted, give Dormammu a fight in the Earth Dimension (again, this was Strange pretty wiped out). More importantly for placing him, he seems to be roughly around the same overall power level as Clea (and that was on 'neutral' ground, so favoring neither of them). Now, Clea hasn't gone through the same 'magic keeps switching around' crap that Strange has, and - when the leader of the Dark Dimension, which she was here - is capable of beating Umar in a magical duel.

This would tend to have me place Stephen at ROUGHLY his 'standard' Classic Strange level, maybe a little below, though without any of the absolutely bonkers stuff he came up with back then (due to this version of him not actually doing the bonkers stuff). How that ranks against the other current characters, I have no idea, other than to say I don't give an un-prepped Doom a good chance in this particular tussle.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Current Strange is back in the area where he can, even when exhausted, give Dormammu a fight in the Earth Dimension (again, this was Strange pretty wiped out). More importantly for placing him, he seems to be roughly around the same overall power level as Clea (and that was on 'neutral' ground, so favoring neither of them). Now, Clea hasn't gone through the same 'magic keeps switching around' crap that Strange has, and - when the leader of the Dark Dimension, which she was here - is capable of beating Umar in a magical duel.

This would tend to have me place Stephen at ROUGHLY his 'standard' Classic Strange level, maybe a little below, though without any of the absolutely bonkers stuff he came up with back then (due to this version of him not actually doing the bonkers stuff). How that ranks against the other current characters, I have no idea, other than to say I don't give an un-prepped Doom a good chance in this particular tussle.
    Well, DC's Rebirth kind of went back post-Crisis standard. Currently though, everything is now considered canon (unless explicitly stated its not).

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, DC's Rebirth kind of went back post-Crisis standard. Currently though, everything is now considered canon (unless explicitly stated its not).
    Barring Zatana consistently pulling off planetary-level stuff, or fighting fairly evenly against casual planet-busters, I'd be somewhat iffy on her being able to take on current Strange. No-prep Doom isn't going to take on Strange either.

No idea about Fate. His stuff is all over the place, depending on who's wearing the helmet.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Yeah, from what I know of Zatana, she doesn't belong in the same fight as Classic or Current Strange. Neither, as you mention, does Doom. Fate I have no earthly idea. If this was Kent Nelson, that's a different story.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Spectacular Member

The current Dr. Fate is a newbie. I don't know much about him (only read a few issues of him in a team book) but at first glance, I don't see him taking on Zatanna, much less Strange.

Soooo...based on all of the above, I'm backing Strange, who is about as close to his classic levels of power as he has been since the start of Dr. Strange, Sorcerer Supreme.
    Why are we here?