Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Ok just watched all 6 of these today. I really loved the show and Kate was so amazing! And I loved the Easter eggs. But I felt they missed the boat on doing a nod to Daredevil.

Like when Jack is being arrested he could have said "Ill call my Lawyer Murdock he will have me out in time for the party." Or if you dont want to drop Murdock he could have been like "Dear could you please call and ask Franklin to meet me at the Station"

or when Fisk is walking down the ally hurt and such he could have seen an ad for Nelson and Murdock and just said something like "I did not need that right now."
    Last edited by babyblob; 12-31-2021 at 11:51 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Did anyone sit through the post-credit scene? It felt longer than the ep itself, though guess I'm just not a fan of musicals. Guess I couldn't do this all day.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Ok just watched all 6 of these today. I really loved the show and Kate was so amazing! And I loved the Easter eggs. But I felt they missed the boat on doing a nod to Daredevil.

Like when Jack is being arrested he could have said "Ill call my Lawyer Murdock he will have me out in time for the party." Or if you dont want to drop Murdock he could have been like "Dear could you please call and ask Franklin to meet me at the Station"

or when Fisk is walking down the ally hurt and such he could have seen an ad for Nelson and Murdock and just said something like "I did not need that right now."
    I honestly don't see Matt being Jack's lawyer. Matt's clientele tend to be lower to working class. Hogarth would likely be his attorney if they really want to bring in a character from Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Did anyone sit through the post-credit scene? It felt longer than the ep itself, though guess I'm just not a fan of musicals. Guess I couldn't do this all day.
    I muted it. I know that some people found it cute and really liked it; I would have been happy if they hadn't shown any of it in the actual first episode and just had Clint walking out with his family complaining that Ant-Man wasn't even at the battle for New York.

This just brought to mind something that bugged me when I watched this.

In an early episode, Kate is called by the Detective and sets up an appointment to go down and see him the next day. But we never see her go to the police for that interview. We never see her interact with the cops again, even when they are in her mother's house arresting Jack.

What would have been the perfect moment for a Daredevil cameo would for her to be at the precinct being questioned by the detective, when Matt shows up and tells her to stop talking. It can be spun that, since Kate is currently cut off, she reached out to Matt for representation.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    This just brought to mind something that bugged me when I watched this.

In an early episode, Kate is called by the Detective and sets up an appointment to go down and see him the next day. But we never see her go to the police for that interview. We never see her interact with the cops again, even when they are in her mother's house arresting Jack.

What would have been the perfect moment for a Daredevil cameo would for her to be at the precinct being questioned by the detective, when Matt shows up and tells her to stop talking. It can be spun that, since Kate is currently cut off, she reached out to Matt for representation.
    That would have been cool. I wondered why they just dropped that story line. Never saw the guy again. Maybe they wanted a quick scene with the detective since he was in the comics? Not sure why else waste the space with it.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

That would have been cool. I wondered why they just dropped that story line. Never saw the guy again. Maybe they wanted a quick scene with the detective since he was in the comics? Not sure why else waste the space with it.
    They dropped it because it wasn't a story and this show had about four stories to tell in 6 episodes. It would have been a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    They dropped it because it wasn't a story and this show had about four stories to tell in 6 episodes. It would have been a waste of time.
    I guess my question is why bring it up in the first place then?

Yeah, Caudle was nothing like his comic self and got quickly dropped. I expected either Kate or both Hawkeye's to get arrested since it happened in the Fraction run.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

She was a victim of Arson. It would be odd if Police didn't get involved.

It was to establish why Kate couldn't just go to the cops for help at that time. She's under suspicion and is ducking them. That's all we need to know.

One thing that is confusing me looking back at this.

At the end of Black Widow, Valentina is clearly setting up Yelena to go after Clint. It appears to be summer in I'm guessing Ohio when she does this.

During the series, Yelena tells Kate that her mother hired her to kill Clint.

So she was on two separate missions to kill Clint? Because it feels VERY convenient that Elanor Bishop just happened to hire an assassin that was already gunning for Clint.

One thing that is confusing me looking back at this.

At the end of Black Widow, Valentina is clearly setting up Yelena to go after Clint. It appears to be summer in I'm guessing Ohio when she does this.

During the series, Yelena tells Kate that her mother hired her to kill Clint.

So she was on two separate missions to kill Clint? Because it feels VERY convenient that Elanor Bishop just happened to hire an assassin that was already gunning for Clint.
    I think we're to assume Valentina was a go-between for Eleanor in-terms of hiring Yelena to take out Clint, but it doesn't really answer why Valentina is taking hit jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think we're to assume Valentina was a go-between for Eleanor in-terms of hiring Yelena to take out Clint, but it doesn't really answer why Valentina is taking hit jobs.
    I could see that. My problem is the timeline- Valentina met with Yelena in the Summer. Kate never met Clint until Christmas. So Elanore would have no reason to order a hit on Clint until then- unless we're to believe maybe Kingpin ordered her to have Clint killed earlier.

I could see that. My problem is the timeline- Valentina met with Yelena in the Summer. Kate never met Clint until Christmas. So Elanore would have no reason to order a hit on Clint until then- unless we're to believe maybe Kingpin ordered her to have Clint killed earlier.
    I guess that's possible. Clint seemed like a loose end Kingpin wanted cleaned up.