Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
This show reminded me why I'm not a big Ultimate Hawkeye fan.

I think there's a lot of tonal/ethical dissonance in MCU content.
I'd just like more consistency about the ethics

Well, Bucky and Sam were definitely more unfair to Walker for not being Steve than I feel like they should've been.
I don't disagree. While John was a jerk, so were they, to almost everyone in the show.

I think hero-worship can be justified but also a two-edged sword, it's just that Steve actually warranted to a degree the way Sam and Bucky looked up to or respected him so much. I guess Kate's opinion of Clint never really changed that much in the show.
I don't think it's ever justified to this degree. Especially when they're rude to anyone who doesn't worship their idol.

I think it's different for Rhodey and Vision because Rhodey and Tony are best friends long before they were heroes and there's an equality in their relationship that's not replicable in another relationship and Vision was Wanda's husband. I just don't see it as completely comparable.
I think it's comparable enough in that these 2 actually don't act like the hero they look up/are in a relationship with is perfect or their actions are always right, because they're not.

He came off as deflecting the blame for it to Kingpin and Kazi so she wouldn't come after him, even though he was the one who actually killed her father, but he seemed to be trying to relate to her as being used as a weapon which...just felt kind of weird.

And because Maya realized she can't actually beat him, she's probably going to drop her (justified) vendetta. Which just feels kind of weird in a Superhero story.
It didn't really make sense. It's like none of them learned how their own actions put them in danger in the first place. Plus, it seemed like she was more capable than him when he was first introduced.