Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 LastLast
Results 511 to 525 of 581
  1. #511
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    85,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I could see that. My problem is the timeline- Valentina met with Yelena in the Summer. Kate never met Clint until Christmas. So Elanore would have no reason to order a hit on Clint until then- unless we're to believe maybe Kingpin ordered her to have Clint killed earlier.
    I guess that's possible. Clint seemed like a loose end Kingpin wanted cleaned up.

  2. #512
    Extraordinary Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I could see that. My problem is the timeline- Valentina met with Yelena in the Summer. Kate never met Clint until Christmas. So Elanore would have no reason to order a hit on Clint until then- unless we're to believe maybe Kingpin ordered her to have Clint killed earlier.
    What makes you think they met in the summertime? They were both wearing coats and Val was wearing gloves. Perhaps they just filmed it during a warmer time and they were trying to portray it as colder than the foliage indicated.

  3. #513
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    4,631

    Default

    It very well could've been late end of Fall. Trees retain their leaves based on a variety of factors, moisture and temperature being big ones. It very well could've been mid/late November then Yelena spends the next few weeks getting prepped before appearing on scene during Hawkeye (s1).
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

  4. #514
    Astonishing Member Frobisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    3,225

    Default

    Maybe there'll be an after-credits bit at the end of Multiverse Of Madness and it's the same scene, except this time the camera pulls back to show a calendar pinned to a tree so you can see what month it is as a big reveal.

  5. #515
    Astonishing Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I could see that. My problem is the timeline- Valentina met with Yelena in the Summer. Kate never met Clint until Christmas. So Elanore would have no reason to order a hit on Clint until then- unless we're to believe maybe Kingpin ordered her to have Clint killed earlier.


    Those don't look like summer clothes to me.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

  6. #516
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    563

    Default

    Saw it, liked it. I'd give it a 2.5 out of 5, because although I've always liked Renner as Hawkeye, and the Kate/Yelena characters are fantastic, the show's plotting and character motivations were just too loosey goosy. Unless they had some pandemic related changes like F&WS, I think a lot of this show could've just been made tighter. Bring on Moon Knight.

  7. #517
    Niffleheim
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    8,256

    Default

    I finally watched Hawkeye and I liked the show quite a bit but I still don't like any of the titular characters. I hope Fisk makes a comeback thou.
    Last edited by Tofali; 01-18-2022 at 03:00 PM.
    "What you call Destiny is just an equation, a product of variables" - Uatu

  8. #518
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    11,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I finally watched Hawkeye and I liked the show quite a bit but I still don't like any of the titular characters. I hope Fisk makes a comeback thou.
    I don't think anyone in this show is especially likeable. They're too smug without any sense of self-reflection or evaluation.

    Fisk will most likely return, though

    Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Saw it, liked it. I'd give it a 2.5 out of 5, because although I've always liked Renner as Hawkeye, and the Kate/Yelena characters are fantastic, the show's plotting and character motivations were just too loosey goosy. Unless they had some pandemic related changes like F&WS, I think a lot of this show could've just been made tighter. Bring on Moon Knight.
    Moon Knight does look pretty good.

  9. #519
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    85,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I don't think anyone in this show is especially likeable. They're too smug without any sense of self-reflection or evaluation.

    Fisk will most likely return, though
    Well, to some extent that's true to the comics...

  10. #520
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, to some extent that's true to the comics...
    Pretty much. I think Clint should've taught Kate how to be a better hero, rather than just maiming people with sharp arrows and zero accountability (since she's not SHIELD backed like he used to be).

    Like, Clint knows what happens when you let the darkness take over. He tells Kate he's not a role model, which is accurate. But then she just becomes mini-Clint. I understand it's a light show, but again some thought towards a sense of weight would've been nice. *shrug*

  11. #521
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    85,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Pretty much. I think Clint should've taught Kate how to be a better hero, rather than just maiming people with sharp arrows and zero accountability (since she's not SHIELD backed like he used to be).

    Like, Clint knows what happens when you let the darkness take over. He tells Kate he's not a role model, which is accurate. But then she just becomes mini-Clint. I understand it's a light show, but again some thought towards a sense of weight would've been nice. *shrug*
    I wonder how seriously we're supposed to take Kate's seeming flippancy towards whether any of the people they fought actually died.

  12. #522
    The Kid 80sbaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,549

    Default

    They were villains/henchmen who were attacking her in an action-adventure show. So, not seriously at all lol

    It's not the same thing as what Ronin did (or someone like the Punisher.) So there's really nothing to discuss/reflect on.

  13. #523
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    85,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    They were villains/henchmen who were attacking her in an action-adventure show. So, not seriously at all lol

    It's not the same thing as what Ronin did (or someone like the Punisher.) So there's really nothing to discuss/reflect on.
    It just feels weird to me that a civilian would really be so blase about that kind of stuff, but I guess they're working by action hero/MCU Hero logic.

    Like how you don't overthink Spider-Man killing some aliens while trying to keep the Multiversal villains alive.

  14. #524
    The Kid 80sbaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,549

    Default

    Well those aliens were mindless monsters, so there's that.

  15. #525
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    85,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Well those aliens were mindless monsters, so there's that.
    I don't know if they really went into how sentient they were, but obviously we're not supposed to think too deeply about it .

    Ebony Maw was definitely intelligent and Peter helped shoot him into space.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •