Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839

Yeah, Natasha seemed like a close family friend so she probably knew both of them well.

Also kind of funny in light of her possibly being the real MCU Mockingbird...

Ironically, live action Mockingbird is now following her comic book predecessor of mirroring Black Canary (again) - a confusing status or identity held by multiple women.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, Natasha seemed like a close family friend so she probably knew both of them well.

Also kind of funny in light of her possibly being the real MCU Mockingbird...
    I just see it as a codename that multiple people held, which can include Laura and Bobbi (from Agents of SHIELD).

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    I just see it as a codename that multiple people held, which can include Laura and Bobbi (from Agents of SHIELD).
    I'd rather we just have one MCU Mockingbird, but that's probably out of the cards at this point, unfortunately .

Doesn't Hawkeye call Yelena a "Black Widow". So why not more Mockingbirds?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Now that we know Clint's wife Laura was a SHIELD agent, is it safe to guess that Nat actually set them up? Thinking back on her and Cap's recurring dialogue about Cap's love-life in "Winter Soldier", I can imagine her doing the same with Clint, which just makes her loss all the more impactful.
    I honestly think it depends on exactly when Natasha defected to SHIELD, and how long she had been an agent before Iron Man 2. Remember, Clint and Laura had two kids in Age of Ultron, with a third on the way. It looked like there was a year or two between Cooper and Lila. So either Natasha defected a long time ago and immediately set Clint and Laura up, or Clint and Laura were already married with at least one kid when Natasha defected.

In this universe, I've always taken it as Clint helped Natasha defect, and that he let her stay with his family to help acclimate her to her new life. And that's why they were all so close.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Doesn't Hawkeye call Yelena a "Black Widow". So why not more Mockingbirds?
    Well, we've also seen the Black Widow program by this point. And Dreykov showed Natasha the hundreds of Widows all over the world.

But yeah, I could see SHIELD maybe having a program to train their own version of the Widows and calling them Mockingbirds.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the codename "Mockingbird" is still up for grabs, no? I don't think they ever referred to Bobbi as that on AoS.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the codename "Mockingbird" is still up for grabs, no? I don't think they ever referred to Bobbi as that on AoS.
    It would be up for grabs even IF Bobbi was referred to it on AoS. It's not like Feige is in any hurry to acknowledge that show was actually a part of the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    It would be up for grabs even IF Bobbi was referred to it on AoS. It's not like Feige is in any hurry to acknowledge that show was actually a part of the MCU.
    Yeah, Netflix canon it is not.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Hawkeye Season 2 is still a possibility.

***High Speculation based on nomination category***
    Series vs Limited series category

While Marvel has made no official indication one way or another, it looks like Hawkeye could become one of the few MCU Disney+ series to return for a second run on streaming.

Though unconfirmed, that information comes from one of Marvel’s own websites: Their For Your Consideration hub used to promote their series to members of the TV Academy for voting in the Emmy Awards. Previously, Hawkeye was listed as up for consideration in the Best Limited Series category. Now it’s shown as qualifying in “Outstanding Comedy Series” category, along with other related categories.
    I'd love a continuation of this show, these characters to see where things go.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

As much as I thought a lot of the first season was hokey, I'd love a second Hawkeye season.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I'd be disappointed if the sequel wasn't a Kate/Yalena teamup. (maybe next time Kate can just call up Clint on the phone for advice as he's home with his family for the holidays)

I want more Clint stuff but I know they'll probably give Kate Clint content than give us that.

And hopefully less messy moral ethics now that they don't have to deal with Ronin anymore, unless Kate starts acting like she's pro-not killing people.