Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm almost spamming this thread, but I keep having thoughts and it's a holiday weekend where I have nothing better to do (at least before football starts), so...

Theory:
    -- Doing the math, this seems to take place in 2027. Kate started martial arts at 5 (guessing it was because of the invasion in 2012 and not before, and she didn't wait long to start) and she said she's 22.
    -- Kate says she's 22, but Clint thought she was younger. Someone else asked if she's old enough to drink. I think they're hinting that Kate might have been blipped.
    -- Kate's mom runs a security company. She didn't seem to be doing that in 2012 - she's dressed very comfortably, has time to play checkers and they're worried about money. If Kate was blipped and her mom wasn't, she might have become as traumatized as Kate and took to security as a way to cope. We've seen that the D+ tv shows deal with the more emotional fallout of all these giant cataclysmic events of the MCU so my theory is that I think this whole story will be about the bad things her mom did and is doing because of her trauma over losing her husband in 2012 and Kate in the Blip.

Random Questions:
    -- How did Clint even find Kate at the end of Ep 1?
    -- I wonder how 2027 lines up Val's appearance in "F&WS?" Do we know what year that took place? (presumably her appearance in BW was close to this one. Yelena did say she was on vacation so it might've been the holidays )
    -- Interesting that the pic Val shows Yelena is of Clint wearing the Ronin costume. Nevermind how she even got that photo...
    -- Does Kate even wonder why Clint cares about the Ronin costume? I'm looking forward to seeing Clint explain that time of his life to Kate.
    He probably didn't track Kate but the tracksuits. He knows how his enemies move. Seeing them mobile and cornering someone in a car would have been enough for him to find Kate

In black market audition the guy said the costume was in Avengers custody. Kate wouldn't dig too much into it believing it's just Avengers business.

The LARP firefighter committed a crime. Imagine stealing something from a crime scene so you can role play.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 11-25-2021 at 10:21 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

Theory:
    -- Doing the math, this seems to take place in 2027. Kate started martial arts at 5 (guessing it was because of the invasion in 2012 and not before, and she didn't wait long to start) and she said she's 22.
    And there is your mistake. Nothing in the episode says she started her martial arts training after the prologue scene. In fact, the episode pretty clearly tells us she started it before hand, because she was older than five in the prologue. She started her archery training after, and probably got a lot more serious her martial arts. But "young Kate" was clearly meant to be at least 10 or 11. Which would put the correct date at about 2024, right where it should be.

^^ Yeah, I'm not around kids enough. To me, she looked younger than 10.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    It did. But I didn't mind that. The first season or two of Arrow was pretty good.
    It was also free.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Incredible Member

with echo showing up , will kingpin be showing up next in a cameo.

It was kind of surreal seeing this new take on Kate's family. Her older sister is completely excised, seemingly, and instead of being an out-of-touch tool who dabbles in villainy Derek Bishop seemed like a loving father who Kate adored. And instead of just happening by Hawkeye's gear like in the comics she emulates herself on him after seeing his efforts during the Battle of New York. Kind of reminded me of Young Justice's take on Arrowette.

It was interesting seeing the Battle of New York again from the point of view of a child and the citizens on the ground, more or less, and how destructive it was. Although we never really saw what happened to Derek Bishop so I wonder how he died? Did he just die from rubble that fell on him from the Chitauri's attack? I mean, weirdly no body but maybe it was for the benefit of Kate's mental health...

It seemed like the Bishops were having financial problems before the Chitauri attacked and Eleanor married into money that came from Derek. Did they become stable from whatever insurance policy they had (Derek's life insurance?) or because Eleanor took over the business? Was it even a security firm when Derek was running it?

Usually Olympic level athletes just happen to become Superheroes and use that talent to be capable vigilante's, but the entire reason Kate became such an overachiever in martial arts, archery, fencing, and gymnastics was so she could become a Superhero and protect her family. Makes me wonder if we'll get to see Clint's training at some point.

"Stane Tower? That name basically doomed it.

"Greer?" That couldn't be Tigra, could it?

Rogers the Musical...just, Rogers the Musical, I mean, it makes sense in-universe that The Avengers would be famous enough for their exploits to warrant a musical (Tony even has a biopic), let alone Steve, but no wonder Clint felt so zoned out watching it having actually lived it. I love how they can't help but comment on Thor's attractiveness. And they apparently threw Ant-Man in there for some reason.

Clint still reeling from Natasha's death, especially from little reminders of her or just seeing an actress performing her on stage or a little girl with her hair. Poor guy.

"Thanos was Right" Yeah, okay buddy.

This is probably the most characterization we've gotten with the Barton kids. Cooper is the oldest and dumb, Lila is the level-headed middle child (and probably Clint's favorite), and Nate is the precocious and everywhere youngest child who they constantly need to keep track of.

Swordsman! And he's engaged to Kate's mom! Are they making it too obvious that he's the bad guy or mastermind here? Are they going to do nothing to connect him and Clint even though they have a deep history in the comics? Is he just a guy who loves swords and knows how to use them? Will he get to have a really cool sword sequence later on and quite possibly wear some kind of costume? I guess we'll find out.

The Tracksuit Dracula's are the Tracksuit Dracula's, Bro. Hilariously I think I spotted a token girl in their number (the one with the bob cut).

So the Ronin (they finally say that name out loud) gear was found under Avengers Compound...no one investigated how it got there? Unless it got on the black market before it was official record. Probably would be a bit of a scandal for The Avengers if that ever became public knowledge.

Poor Kate wants a mentorship so badly and Clint just wants to be done with it and get back to his family for Christmas. But in-between those five days it looks like fate will thrust them together and bond as partners.

Ant-Man is now famous enough that he has cosplayers on the streets. I guess the Giant-Man scene in CW or Endgame bumped him up a bit. Maybe that's why he got thrown into the musical and the Battle of New York?

Grills just went into a burning building to grab the flameproof costume or snuck in there like Clint did? I was expecting a reveal that it was just expertly well made cosplay the whole time.

Detective Caudle really comes differently being played by a young black man versus an old white dude. Also, I guess he moved to New York instead of LA.

So it seems like Velma...I mean, Clint's wife knew about Ronin and what Clint did while he was in the suit. I guess that would be something you'd want to be honest about with your spouse.

Kate needs to work on her Superhero landing. Also, I guess her Superhero costume in this series is just something she scrounged together from her actual clothes.

Echo is running the Tracksuit Mafia? Or working with them? Kind of wondering what her deal is here, other than wanting whoever Ronin is.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Grills just went into a burning building to grab the flameproof costume or snuck in there like Clint did? I was expecting a reveal that it was just expertly well made cosplay the whole time.
    He was one of the firefighters who responded (hence why Clint found the LARP group's logo on the fire engine window). He presumably grabbed the intact suit once the fire was under control.

They made a point that the entire LARP group was mostly firefighters and cops.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So the Ronin (they finally say that name out loud) gear was found under Avengers Compound...no one investigated how it got there? Unless it got on the black market before it was official record. Probably would be a bit of a scandal for The Avengers if that ever became public knowledge.
    Official story is probably Black Widow stopped him in Japan and the confiscated the equipment. Not an complete lie.
    Sounds perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    He was one of the firefighters who responded (hence why Clint found the LARP group's logo on the fire engine window). He presumably grabbed the intact suit once the fire was under control.

They made a point that the entire LARP group was mostly firefighters and cops.
    Ohhh! That makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Official story is probably Black Widow stopped him in Japan and the confiscated the equipment. Not an complete lie.
    I could probably argue the legal ethics but we'd be here all day .

I’m wondering if Maya has been led to believe Ronin killed her father. In the comics, didn’t Kingpin…er…pin that on Daredevil?

I did like how Kate's comment on Hawkeye's branding problem sounded like them calling out the Ultimate Hawkeye characterization of MCU Hawkeye .

I'm waiting for it all to drop before I watch this will it be a 6 or 8 episode season?

Quote Originally Posted by PLG1962 View Post
    I'm waiting for it all to drop before I watch this will it be a 6 or 8 episode season?
    6 episodes

I think the hour long episode shows like FAtWS,Loki,Hawkeye,MoonKnight are all 6 episodes. Where as She Hulk is gonna be 30min episodes and I think I heard it would be 8-10 similar to Wandavision.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 11-27-2021 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    6 episodes

I think the hour long episode shows like FAtWS,Loki,Hawkeye,MoonKnight are all 6 episodes. Where as She Hulk is gonna be 30min episodes and I think I heard it would be 8-10 similar to Wandavision.
    I can wait another 4 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    I’m wondering if Maya has been led to believe Ronin killed her father. In the comics, didn’t Kingpin…er…pin that on Daredevil?
    The Spider-Man video game tie-in novel does a similar thing with Spider-Man.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth