Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

*******SPOILERS FOR EP 4************

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    ^^For sure. I was just noting that after all this time and all those BWs running around, his first thought when running across a former BW is that she was a hired assassin. Maybe he was out of the loop being retired, I don't know but there's certainly more story there in terms of Yalena and all those former BWs.
    Well Nat obviously never told him about the events depicted in her movie and as she was the only Black Widow who turned to a hero (as far as he knows) it's the obvious thing to assume that a random Black Widow you come across is an assassin, let alone when she's attacking you.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Was she? I guess those bracelets are strictly non-lethal (for no reason). I know it's not a leap, but Clint's been around enough that there could be any number of reasons for her to attack him in that moment.
    Canonically the weapon is deadly but only when you set it on the highest power level which Natasha never did as she was a hero. As for Yelena not using lethal force on Clint I think it makes sense that she first would want some answers from him before she kills him. So my guess is she wanted to incapacitate him, tie him up and then ask him why he killed her sister.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

When Kate used that "shock arrow" to break up the fight (momentarily), did it remind anyone else of the "Thor puts down the hammer" scene in Avengers? After all, these are also all heroes (giving Maya some leeway at the moment) fighting each other.

I really am pretty bummed that Clint and Swordsman don't have any history in this. Like, in a show called "Hawkeye," you would expect a character with an established history with Clint Barton to see that be reflected, but I guess this is Kate's show so she gets to have the relationship to Jacques.

Clint totally not backing up Kate in that talk with her mom.

You know, usually when someone asks politely to "drop the case," it's usually because they're secretly involved...and then Eleanor immediately makes a call (Kingpin?). Wouldn't it be kind of hilarious if Swordsman is secretly this really sweet guy who just loves swords and Eleanor is the utter bad guy?

So what is Velma's deal? She can look up stuff for her husband and speak languages with him to hide info from their kids, but what's her backstory? I guess it stands to reason that Clint's wife would be special in her own way.

They showed Caudle on the "previously on" but the most that plot point got followed up on is Kate saying she needs to get the police off her back. I kept expecting him to show up.

The Boomerang Arrow joke! They just flipped who says it from the comics. Now I want to see the Boomerang Arrow.

Clint's finally training Kate! He only taught her, like, one thing, but still.

Kate finally works out that Clint is Ronin and it goes to show the dichotomy on how Clint is perceived versus who he feels he is. Clint still thinks of himself as an assassin that, at a base level, is only good at killing people while Kate only sees Hawkeye as the Superhero who saved her.

No surprise that Kate gets along better with the LARPERs faster than Clint did, they're basically her kind of people. Also I guess they're the ones who give them their Superhero costumes, although I think Clint's the only one who is supposed to get a new uniform.

"Can I have my gun back?" I mean, Clint threw it in the distance but it's still retrievable, so...

Did Maya get the info on Clint's family through Kingpin's resources?

Collapsible bows! Gotta love 'em.

That was some fun brawling between Clint, Kate, and Yelena/Echo. Especially because they have no idea why Yelena was there and she was fighting Maya too.

Well, someone didn't necessarily hire Yelena to take Clint out, she's more there on personal business to find out how Natasha died...but Clint doesn't know that.

Clint seeing Kate dangling like Natasha did sets off his PTSD even more and they break up their relationship. Although he left her the arrows, so...

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I found it kinda sad that Hawkeye can't replace his trick arrows and actually needs to retrieve them. Really? Does he have no hook up in the present?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I found it kinda sad that Hawkeye can't replace his trick arrows and actually needs to retrieve them. Really? Does he have no hook up in the present?
    Does anybody? No SHIELD, no Tony, etc.

Bucky had to use his in with the Wakandans to get Sam anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Did Maya get the info on Clint's family through Kingpin's resources?
    Either that or Kate's mom's security company, although they could be one and the same.

Astonishing Member

I really enjoyed it this week. How they wrap all this up in two weeks I have no idea. There is like 12 things going on. Maybe they will be extra long episodes.

Mighty Member

I would be ok with finding out that Laura is the MCU version of Mockingbird.

Astonishing Member

What the heck is up with this watch?

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    What the heck is up with this watch?
    The only thing I could think of was Tony's watch that turned into an Iron Man glove from Winter Soldier, but it probably isn't that. It wouldn't make sense that Laura would even know about that, or that it would be of special importance to her or Clint.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    The only thing I could think of was Tony's watch that turned into an Iron Man glove from Winter Soldier, but it probably isn't that. It wouldn't make sense that Laura would even know about that, or that it would be of special importance to her or Clint.
    Wasn't it a watch he used to summon the new armor in Avengers after he took of the battered armor when talking to Loki?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Does anybody? No SHIELD, no Tony, etc.

Bucky had to use his in with the Wakandans to get Sam anything.
    I guess Clint COULD go to Pym but...Pym's kind of a @$$.

Without Scott or Hope ( who he barely knows) as go betweens I don't see Clint wanting to deal with him.

I can imagine the lecture he had to go thru just to get that one growth arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    Wasn't it a watch he used to summon the new armor in Avengers after he took of the battered armor when talking to Loki?
    Didn't remember that, but if so then yeah, someone random being able to summon a whole suit of armor would definitely be a major concern. Assuming just any random could control it, but I guess for the sake of the story, we could just assume they could. This would still leave the question of how Laura knew about that watch, and it would also seem kind of random if a suit of Iron Man armor ended up playing a major part in the final act of a Hawkeye series ...

Did I miss it, or didn't Kate still have the watch on her at the end of the episode, when Clint told her they are not working together any longer? Guessing she will figure out whatever it's for, in the next episode.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The watch must be something new. I don't remember a watch being of any importance in previous Marvel films.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    Didn't remember that, but if so then yeah, someone random being able to summon a whole suit of armor would definitely be a major concern. Assuming just any random could control it, but I guess for the sake of the story, we could just assume they could. This would still leave the question of how Laura knew about that watch, and it would also seem kind of random if a suit of Iron Man armor ended up playing a major part in the final act of a Hawkeye series ...

Did I miss it, or didn't Kate still have the watch on her at the end of the episode, when Clint told her they are not working together any longer? Guessing she will figure out whatever it's for, in the next episode.
    Ok I just rewatched the scene on YouTube. It wasn't a watch, it was bracelets. Maybe the watch that became a glove was an upgrade.
    Last edited by beatboks; 12-09-2021 at 03:03 PM.