Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    10,475

    Default Hawkeye on Disney+


  2. #2
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    8,601

    Default

    Not what I expected

    Looks to be based HEAVILY on Matt Fractions series.

  3. #3

    Default

    It looks fun. I was hoping to get a look at Tony Dalton. He's playing the Swordsman and I enjoyed his performance as Lalo from Better Call Saul.

  4. #4
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    73,248

    Default

    Thoughts:

    - This seems like a surprisingly wholesome Christmas story not necessarily about straight-up family (since they're writing Clint's out) but about two people coming together and bonding over archery and fighting crime. With a dash of Die Hard .

    - Why isn't Clint's wife with the kids? Why is he even somewhere his kids would need to travel to see him at? He talks about coming home and it seems like he's texting Velma so it doesn't seem like they're separated

    - Was Kate shooting that belltower as means of testing her archery skills or as a prank? Did she get arrested for that? Maybe expelled if it's at whatever school she goes to?

    - I'm still not sold on the costumes. I guess they're going more low-key because of the style of story, but I was expecting something a little more overt after the concept art.

    - Hey, at least they're calling him Hawkeye .

    - I'm kind of wondering who the new Ronin is. Nobody but probably The Avengers know it was Clint (will they even use the word Ronin?) and I'm wondering how it connects to Echo and Kate.

  5. #5
    The Kid 80sbaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,125

    Default

    This has actually been the Disney+ series I've been looking forward to the most.

    And yes, I also thought of Die Hard while watching the trailer, which is fine with me!

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member Frobisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    2,773

    Default

    All I took from that was “Rogers The Musical”.

  7. #7
    Niffleheim
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    7,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    All I took from that was “Rogers The Musical”.
    Maybe there will be a holiday special for Disneyplus.
    Last edited by Tofali; 09-13-2021 at 03:27 PM.
    "What you call Destiny is just an equation, a product of variables" - Uatu

  8. #8
    Extraordinary Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,626

    Default

    ^It was almost a real thing-a lot of 80's comics had an ad for it (or at least auditions) but it never got off the ground (It was supposed to cost around $4 million too. Maybe that's why).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

  9. #9
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Not what I expected

    Looks to be based HEAVILY on Matt Fractions series.
    Yup. We're even getting the Tracksuit Mafia. Looking forward to the "Bro" jokes.

  10. #10
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thoughts:

    - This seems like a surprisingly wholesome Christmas story not necessarily about straight-up family (since they're writing Clint's out) but about two people coming together and bonding over archery and fighting crime. With a dash of Die Hard .

    - Why isn't Clint's wife with the kids? Why is he even somewhere his kids would need to travel to see him at? He talks about coming home and it seems like he's texting Velma so it doesn't seem like they're separated

    - Was Kate shooting that belltower as means of testing her archery skills or as a prank? Did she get arrested for that? Maybe expelled if it's at whatever school she goes to?

    - I'm still not sold on the costumes. I guess they're going more low-key because of the style of story, but I was expecting something a little more overt after the concept art.

    - Hey, at least they're calling him Hawkeye .

    - I'm kind of wondering who the new Ronin is. Nobody but probably The Avengers know it was Clint (will they even use the word Ronin?) and I'm wondering how it connects to Echo and Kate.
    I thought the faux Ronin was Kate, the editing in the trailer made it seem that way. Have to go back and watch it a bunch more times
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/TaurianFilms

  11. #11

    Default

    I'm intrigued that another Marvel Christmas story is out there. Iron Man 3 was the first, right?
    Let's see lots of action, and lots of trick arrows: ice-bomb, smoke bomb, boomerang... Break out the boxing glove, for once!

  12. #12
    Extraordinary Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    5,092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm intrigued that another Marvel Christmas story is out there. Iron Man 3 was the first, right?
    Let's see lots of action, and lots of trick arrows: ice-bomb, smoke bomb, boomerang... Break out the boxing glove, for once!
    If they bust out a boxing glove arrow I will lose my mind with pure joy!
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  13. #13
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm intrigued that another Marvel Christmas story is out there. Iron Man 3 was the first, right?
    Let's see lots of action, and lots of trick arrows: ice-bomb, smoke bomb, boomerang... Break out the boxing glove, for once!
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    If they bust out a boxing glove arrow I will lose my mind with pure joy!
    I can't ever see them doing a boxing glove arrow, outside of a pure satirical campy comedy.

  14. #14
    Extraordinary Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    5,092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I can't ever see them doing a boxing glove arrow, outside of a pure satirical campy comedy.
    I know they wouldnt for crime fighting but it would be cool to see like an Easter egg or scene where he picks up an arrow and some one says "What is that?" "Boxing Glove Arrow." "Really what the Hell are you thinking?"
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  15. #15
    Mighty Member LifeIsILL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I know they wouldnt for crime fighting but it would be cool to see like an Easter egg or scene where he picks up an arrow and some one says "What is that?" "Boxing Glove Arrow." "Really what the Hell are you thinking?"
    That was my main problem with the Arrow show. They were afraid to go out with his trick arrows. In the comics Oliver had all kinds of ridiculously powerful arrows, even arrows that can open portals or some crap like that, but they wanted to be all "edgy" and "serious"....well look how well that worked out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •