Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Eh, Mephisto was fan expectations, the ‘aerospace engineer was fan expectations, ‘Bohner’ wasn’t. Marvel didn’t hire Evan peters by accident, lol.
    Bohner is fan expectations as they expect Wanda Vision to introduce mutants to the MCU and cross over with Fox men. Nothing about that show suggested it will tackle a multiverse.

I still respect the vision of WandaVision for doing so much and going so far just to do a boner joke.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Bohner is fan expectations as they expect Wanda Vision to introduce mutants to the MCU and cross over with Fox men. Nothing about that show suggested it will tackle a multiverse.
    It was announced that Wanda was going to appear in "Dr Strange: MULTIVERSE of Madness" after her show. And casting Evan Peters to play Quicksilver was meant to get people wondering. I thought it worked to get people excited for a weekly show and I don't mind them playing with us, but it's not like he was just there playing another character and everyone thought he was secretly Quicksilver. So no, it wasn't just fan expectations.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It was announced that Wanda was going to appear in "Dr Strange: MULTIVERSE of Madness" after her show. And casting Evan Peters to play Quicksilver was meant to get people wondering. I thought it worked to get people excited for a weekly show and I don't mind them playing with us, but it's not like he was just there playing another character and everyone thought he was secretly Quicksilver. So no, it wasn't just fan expectations.
    If folks thought he was multiverse Pietro, that’s a fan expectation. The Evan Peters casting was brilliant because it put the audience in Wanda’s shoes. By casting him, they made viewers believe this completely different person could be Pietro, just as Agatha made Wanda believe Bonner could be Pietro. Wanda’s confusion was our confusion. Her willingness and desperation to believe was matched by ours. It was the only way to do that and it worked perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    If folks thought he was multiverse Pietro, that’s a fan expectation. The Evan Peters casting was brilliant because it put the audience in Wanda’s shoes. By casting him, they made viewers believe this completely different person could be Pietro, just as Agatha made Wanda believe Bonner could be Pietro. Wanda’s confusion was our confusion. Her willingness and desperation to believe was matched by ours. It was the only way to do that and it worked perfectly.
    I agree with why casting Peters worked, but there's a difference between expectations and speculation. Mephisto popping up was expectation because of the comics when nothing in the show indicated so. Casting Peters as Wanda's brother opened the door to the speculation about mutants or multiverse, (again, because we knew Wanda was going to be in "Multiverse" of Madness) and people were getting hyped by the possibilities - people didn't really know what to expect at that point. That was my experience with most reactions anyway - and it was justified. It wasn't something they brought to the table, like Mephisto, it was something Marvel specifically teased. But anyway, we're probably splitting hairs at this point and this is the Hawkeye thread...

Now back to Hawkeye, I would say some people were expecting Fisk, but after ep3 I'd say it's something Marvel is intentionally teasing because they know what fans know.(even though "uncle" could be anybody) I wasn't expecting Fisk at all, but that did seem like him. People may have expected Jack to be an expert swordsman because of the comics, but I wasn't thinking they'd go that way until Kate tried to stab him in the face and he showed he definitely has some skills.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-03-2021 at 09:58 AM.

I thought the "Bohner" reveal was kind of dumb but I wasn't expecting it to actually be Fox!QUicksilver. Also that fight with Monica was poor.

To add to the “speculation vs. expectation” side discussion, we also had the recent event of Disney buying out Fox and gaining control of those Marvel properties again.

Anyways, lots of times people set themselves up for failure by theorizing what’s going to happen instead of just trying to enjoy what is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    To add to the “speculation vs. expectation” side discussion, we also had the recent event of Disney buying out Fox and gaining control of those Marvel properties again.

Anyways, lots of times people set themselves up for failure by theorizing what’s going to happen instead of just trying to enjoy what is happening.
    I know some people got bent out of shape, but the benefit of a shared universe with such a deep history (between the comics and the movies) at this point is that speculating becomes part of the fun! (for me at least)

I mean, who's to say Kate's mom wasn't actually a Black Widow who left when she got pregnant with Kate, which is what started the "graduation protocol" 22 years ago and is now trying to infiltrate the Ducquesne family for advancement and power because she knows no other way? She would certainly know about security and have ties to the criminal world. (It's no "the TVA logo looks like "VAL" upside down, but speculating is fun )

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I know some people got bent out of shape, but the benefit of a shared universe with such a deep history (between the comics and the movies) at this point is that speculating becomes part of the fun! (for me at least)

I mean, who's to say Kate's mom wasn't actually a Black Widow who left when she got pregnant with Kate, which is what started the "graduation protocol" 22 years ago and is now trying to infiltrate the Ducquesne family for advancement and power because she knows no other way? She would certainly know about security and have ties to the criminal world. (It's no "the TVA logo looks like "VAL" upside down, but speculating is fun )
    Personally I think Kates mom is the bad guy and she killed her dad.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought the "Bohner" reveal was kind of dumb but I wasn't expecting it to actually be Fox!QUicksilver. Also that fight with Monica was poor.
    I figured since the beginning that it was going to be so they could make a joke about sitcom recastings. "Hey, what if Quicksilver was our 'Becky Conner' and as a joke we actually got the other guy who played Quicksilver". And that more or less was it.

I am a bit worried about how the internet is going to react if "Uncle" is not the Kingpin. Because they threw such a hissy last time. Like . . . what if it's actually Kate's father? Like, he was secretly a gangster the whole time and used the chaos from the Chitauri attack to fake his own death and go underground. That seems like the kind of thing this kind of show might do.

We're gonna be good, right?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I figured since the beginning that it was going to be so they could make a joke about sitcom recastings. "Hey, what if Quicksilver was our 'Becky Conner' and as a joke we actually got the other guy who played Quicksilver". And that more or less was it.

I am a bit worried about how the internet is going to react if "Uncle" is not the Kingpin. Because they threw such a hissy last time. Like . . . what if it's actually Kate's father? Like, he was secretly a gangster the whole time and used the chaos from the Chitauri attack to fake his own death and go underground. That seems like the kind of thing this kind of show might do.

Well it will probably get people talking about this show as there isn't a huge discourse around like the other Disney shows.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post

I mean, that laugh and girth are pretty far off from what we saw of Derek Bishop in my opinion.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, that laugh and girth are pretty far off from what we saw of Derek Bishop in my opinion.
    Eh. I don't remember any of that. I've been busy and my attention's been kind of divided while the TV's been on. Basically, anything that doesn't have subtitles, I put on while I do other things.

But the point is that it's not necessarily the Kingpin!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Personally I think Kates mom is the bad guy and she killed her dad.
    Jacques is getting all the fun teases about being the bad guy, but it’s Vera “I can play an antagonistic mother in my sleep” Farmiga as Kate’s mom. Either way, I’m going to be happy.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Jacques is getting all the fun teases about being the bad guy, but it’s Vera “I can play an antagonistic mother in my sleep” Farmiga as Kate’s mom. Either way, I’m going to be happy.

Yea I am thinking Jacques is a plant from some agency. To watch her. I am really enjoying the show.