Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I could see that. My problem is the timeline- Valentina met with Yelena in the Summer. Kate never met Clint until Christmas. So Elanore would have no reason to order a hit on Clint until then- unless we're to believe maybe Kingpin ordered her to have Clint killed earlier.
    What makes you think they met in the summertime? They were both wearing coats and Val was wearing gloves. Perhaps they just filmed it during a warmer time and they were trying to portray it as colder than the foliage indicated.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

It very well could've been late end of Fall. Trees retain their leaves based on a variety of factors, moisture and temperature being big ones. It very well could've been mid/late November then Yelena spends the next few weeks getting prepped before appearing on scene during Hawkeye (s1).
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Maybe there'll be an after-credits bit at the end of Multiverse Of Madness and it's the same scene, except this time the camera pulls back to show a calendar pinned to a tree so you can see what month it is as a big reveal.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I could see that. My problem is the timeline- Valentina met with Yelena in the Summer. Kate never met Clint until Christmas. So Elanore would have no reason to order a hit on Clint until then- unless we're to believe maybe Kingpin ordered her to have Clint killed earlier.

Those don't look like summer clothes to me.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Incredible Member

Saw it, liked it. I'd give it a 2.5 out of 5, because although I've always liked Renner as Hawkeye, and the Kate/Yelena characters are fantastic, the show's plotting and character motivations were just too loosey goosy. Unless they had some pandemic related changes like F&WS, I think a lot of this show could've just been made tighter. Bring on Moon Knight.

Niffleheim

I finally watched Hawkeye and I liked the show quite a bit but I still don't like any of the titular characters. I hope Fisk makes a comeback thou.
    Last edited by Tofali; 01-18-2022 at 03:00 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I finally watched Hawkeye and I liked the show quite a bit but I still don't like any of the titular characters. I hope Fisk makes a comeback thou.
    I don't think anyone in this show is especially likeable. They're too smug without any sense of self-reflection or evaluation.

Fisk will most likely return, though

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Saw it, liked it. I'd give it a 2.5 out of 5, because although I've always liked Renner as Hawkeye, and the Kate/Yelena characters are fantastic, the show's plotting and character motivations were just too loosey goosy. Unless they had some pandemic related changes like F&WS, I think a lot of this show could've just been made tighter. Bring on Moon Knight.
    Moon Knight does look pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I don't think anyone in this show is especially likeable. They're too smug without any sense of self-reflection or evaluation.

Fisk will most likely return, though
    Well, to some extent that's true to the comics...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, to some extent that's true to the comics...
    Pretty much. I think Clint should've taught Kate how to be a better hero, rather than just maiming people with sharp arrows and zero accountability (since she's not SHIELD backed like he used to be).

Like, Clint knows what happens when you let the darkness take over. He tells Kate he's not a role model, which is accurate. But then she just becomes mini-Clint. I understand it's a light show, but again some thought towards a sense of weight would've been nice. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Pretty much. I think Clint should've taught Kate how to be a better hero, rather than just maiming people with sharp arrows and zero accountability (since she's not SHIELD backed like he used to be).

Like, Clint knows what happens when you let the darkness take over. He tells Kate he's not a role model, which is accurate. But then she just becomes mini-Clint. I understand it's a light show, but again some thought towards a sense of weight would've been nice. *shrug*
    I wonder how seriously we're supposed to take Kate's seeming flippancy towards whether any of the people they fought actually died.

They were villains/henchmen who were attacking her in an action-adventure show. So, not seriously at all lol

It's not the same thing as what Ronin did (or someone like the Punisher.) So there's really nothing to discuss/reflect on.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    They were villains/henchmen who were attacking her in an action-adventure show. So, not seriously at all lol

It's not the same thing as what Ronin did (or someone like the Punisher.) So there's really nothing to discuss/reflect on.
    It just feels weird to me that a civilian would really be so blase about that kind of stuff, but I guess they're working by action hero/MCU Hero logic.

Like how you don't overthink Spider-Man killing some aliens while trying to keep the Multiversal villains alive.

Well those aliens were mindless monsters, so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Well those aliens were mindless monsters, so there's that.
    I don't know if they really went into how sentient they were, but obviously we're not supposed to think too deeply about it .

Ebony Maw was definitely intelligent and Peter helped shoot him into space.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know if they really went into how sentient they were, but obviously we're not supposed to think too deeply about it .

Ebony Maw was definitely intelligent and Peter helped shoot him into space.
    Well I say they're mindless because we saw them literally tearing themselves apart to get through the barrier in Wakanda. They were clearly base, animal intelligent. They were fodder, basically.

But yeah, Maw was different lol