Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    If folks thought he was multiverse Pietro, that’s a fan expectation. The Evan Peters casting was brilliant because it put the audience in Wanda’s shoes. By casting him, they made viewers believe this completely different person could be Pietro, just as Agatha made Wanda believe Bonner could be Pietro. Wanda’s confusion was our confusion. Her willingness and desperation to believe was matched by ours. It was the only way to do that and it worked perfectly.
    You realize that for this brilliant casting to work like that, the audience has to think that bohner was a multiverse Pieto? If not, their reaction is basically ‘why does Wanda think this random guy is her brother, lol? Ergo, fans were not just wildly speculating, they were doing what Marvel was purposefully trying to get them to do.

I will say so far Fisk appearing in Hawkeye is based on the comics connection and not willful misdirection from the writers.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I assumed he was referencing John Walker there. Wyatt was a standout in that role as anti hero. Agree with you about Karli
    You are correct. While I don't like Walker's actions, he was still better done than Sam or Bucky IMO

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    You realize that for this brilliant casting to work like that, the audience has to think that bohner was a multiverse Pieto? If not, their reaction is basically ‘why does Wanda think this random guy is her brother, lol? Ergo, fans were not just wildly speculating, they were doing what Marvel was purposefully trying to get them to do.

I will say so far Fisk appearing in Hawkeye is based on the comics connection and not willful misdirection from the writers.
    IMO Fisk is more likely to be true but until it happens, I won't put too much stock in it

Astonishing Member

Whats weird about threads like this is people start debating about other shows and dont even talk about the actual show. The actual show is fun. I don't give a crap what happened in Wanda Vision or Winter soldier

I expect things will all be connected. Kazi (sp?) was an employee of Bishop Security. My guess is that Kate’s mom is entangled with some old school crime family coalition type thing….which may explain the connection to the Duquesne family, and likely to Fisk, too, through the Tracksuits and Maya’s dad.

My big question is exactly what are the Duquesnes about, and what is Jack up to. Is he just a crime family guy with a taste for swords or is there more to it?

I like the show quite a bit, and I think it has the potential to be the most fun of all their shows so far. We’ll see.

Totally unrelated to anything, but did everyone else know Steinfeld was a pop singer before this show? I had seen her in "True Grit" so I've been aware of her as an actress, but not as a singer.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    I expect things will all be connected. Kazi (sp?) was an employee of Bishop Security. My guess is that Kate’s mom is entangled with some old school crime family coalition type thing….which may explain the connection to the Duquesne family, and likely to Fisk, too, through the Tracksuits and Maya’s dad.

My big question is exactly what are the Duquesnes about, and what is Jack up to. Is he just a crime family guy with a taste for swords or is there more to it?

I like the show quite a bit, and I think it has the potential to be the most fun of all their shows so far. We’ll see.

They could be misdirecting everything. But i am think Jack isn't a bad guy at all. I think he has been assigned to infiltrate the organization. By who I don't know.

Extraordinary Member

I just can’t wait for someone (possibly Clint mid-fight) to recognize that Jacques keeps using his left hand when he’s clearly a righty…
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member

…I will give the show bonus points if he says ‘Because I am not left handed.’

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I just can’t wait for someone (possibly Clint mid-fight) to recognize that Jacques keeps using his left hand when he’s clearly a righty…
    I so want to see Clint fight Swordsman...if we can't get a history between the two, I can live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Whats weird about threads like this is people start debating about other shows and dont even talk about the actual show. The actual show is fun. I don't give a crap what happened in Wanda Vision or Winter soldier
    They are all marvel in a connected universe so its not totally odd to discuss the related shows.

Wandavision was mildly engaging for me. Clearly well done and Elizabeth and Paul's performances were amazing! Elizabeth is so captivating.

Falcon and winter soldier.... couldnt get past the first couple episodes... didnt grab me

Loki loved it. At that time it was the best of the series

But Hawkeye! Whoa this is great !! and Hailee Steinfeld is amazing! Both Renner and Steinfeld really seem to have fun playing off each other. The first 3 episodes were awesome and I wanna see more.

I'm both a fan of DC and Marvel but do lean towards dc. Unfortunately I havent seen a dc tv series that compares to marvels efforts. Hope Peacemaker and Batgirl get Dc on the map.

For now bring on more Hawkeye!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    They are all marvel in a connected universe so its not totally odd to discuss the related shows.

Wandavision was mildly engaging for me. Clearly well done and Elizabeth and Paul's performances were amazing! Elizabeth is so captivating.

Falcon and winter soldier.... couldnt get past the first couple episodes... didnt grab me

Loki loved it. At that time it was the best of the series

But Hawkeye! Whoa this is great !! and Hailee Steinfeld is amazing! Both Renner and Steinfeld really seem to have fun playing off each other. The first 3 episodes were awesome and I wanna see more.

I'm both a fan of DC and Marvel but do lean towards dc. Unfortunately I havent seen a dc tv series that compares to marvels efforts. Hope Peacemaker and Batgirl get Dc on the map.

For now bring on more Hawkeye!
    I don't mind that people discuss Wanda Vision or Winter Soldier or really anything. But there are places all over there boards to do that.. Like you said this show is really good. All I am saying is if you are posting here post about this show.

Hard to compare two things without mentioning the other thing…

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    Hope Peacemaker and Batgirl get Dc on the map.
    Batgirl is a dceu hbo max movie.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I don't mind that people discuss Wanda Vision or Winter Soldier or really anything. But there are places all over there boards to do that.. Like you said this show is really good. All I am saying is if you are posting here post about this show.
    It's a show in a shared universe. The other shows coming up is unavoidable.