Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Default Hawkeye on Disney+

Ultimate Member

Not what I expected

Looks to be based HEAVILY on Matt Fractions series.

It looks fun. I was hoping to get a look at Tony Dalton. He's playing the Swordsman and I enjoyed his performance as Lalo from Better Call Saul.

Thoughts:

- This seems like a surprisingly wholesome Christmas story not necessarily about straight-up family (since they're writing Clint's out) but about two people coming together and bonding over archery and fighting crime. With a dash of Die Hard .

- Why isn't Clint's wife with the kids? Why is he even somewhere his kids would need to travel to see him at? He talks about coming home and it seems like he's texting Velma so it doesn't seem like they're separated

- Was Kate shooting that belltower as means of testing her archery skills or as a prank? Did she get arrested for that? Maybe expelled if it's at whatever school she goes to?

- I'm still not sold on the costumes. I guess they're going more low-key because of the style of story, but I was expecting something a little more overt after the concept art.

- Hey, at least they're calling him Hawkeye .

- I'm kind of wondering who the new Ronin is. Nobody but probably The Avengers know it was Clint (will they even use the word Ronin?) and I'm wondering how it connects to Echo and Kate.

This has actually been the Disney+ series I've been looking forward to the most.

And yes, I also thought of Die Hard while watching the trailer, which is fine with me!

All I took from that was “Rogers The Musical”.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    All I took from that was “Rogers The Musical”.
    Maybe there will be a holiday special for Disneyplus.
    Last edited by Tofali; 09-13-2021 at 03:27 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

^It was almost a real thing-a lot of 80's comics had an ad for it (or at least auditions) but it never got off the ground (It was supposed to cost around $4 million too. Maybe that's why).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Spectacular Member Material Flux's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Not what I expected

Looks to be based HEAVILY on Matt Fractions series.
    Yup. We're even getting the Tracksuit Mafia. Looking forward to the "Bro" jokes.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thoughts:

- This seems like a surprisingly wholesome Christmas story not necessarily about straight-up family (since they're writing Clint's out) but about two people coming together and bonding over archery and fighting crime. With a dash of Die Hard .

- Why isn't Clint's wife with the kids? Why is he even somewhere his kids would need to travel to see him at? He talks about coming home and it seems like he's texting Velma so it doesn't seem like they're separated

- Was Kate shooting that belltower as means of testing her archery skills or as a prank? Did she get arrested for that? Maybe expelled if it's at whatever school she goes to?

- I'm still not sold on the costumes. I guess they're going more low-key because of the style of story, but I was expecting something a little more overt after the concept art.

- Hey, at least they're calling him Hawkeye .

- I'm kind of wondering who the new Ronin is. Nobody but probably The Avengers know it was Clint (will they even use the word Ronin?) and I'm wondering how it connects to Echo and Kate.
    I thought the faux Ronin was Kate, the editing in the trailer made it seem that way. Have to go back and watch it a bunch more times
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

I'm intrigued that another Marvel Christmas story is out there. Iron Man 3 was the first, right?
    Let's see lots of action, and lots of trick arrows: ice-bomb, smoke bomb, boomerang... Break out the boxing glove, for once!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm intrigued that another Marvel Christmas story is out there. Iron Man 3 was the first, right?
    Let's see lots of action, and lots of trick arrows: ice-bomb, smoke bomb, boomerang... Break out the boxing glove, for once!
    If they bust out a boxing glove arrow I will lose my mind with pure joy!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    If they bust out a boxing glove arrow I will lose my mind with pure joy!
    I can't ever see them doing a boxing glove arrow, outside of a pure satirical campy comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I can't ever see them doing a boxing glove arrow, outside of a pure satirical campy comedy.
    I know they wouldnt for crime fighting but it would be cool to see like an Easter egg or scene where he picks up an arrow and some one says "What is that?" "Boxing Glove Arrow." "Really what the Hell are you thinking?"
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I know they wouldnt for crime fighting but it would be cool to see like an Easter egg or scene where he picks up an arrow and some one says "What is that?" "Boxing Glove Arrow." "Really what the Hell are you thinking?"
    That was my main problem with the Arrow show. They were afraid to go out with his trick arrows. In the comics Oliver had all kinds of ridiculously powerful arrows, even arrows that can open portals or some crap like that, but they wanted to be all "edgy" and "serious"....well look how well that worked out.