Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

I don't think nerds will ever get over their need to have their interests validated via explicit blood, guts and sex on screen.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I don't think nerds will ever get over their need to have their interests validated via explicit blood, guts and sex on screen.

Whats odd is Hit Monkey was exactly that and it was good. But I think I am the only guy on CBR to have watched it lol.

Now I'm just thinking of Arcane...

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Not what I expected

Looks to be based HEAVILY on Matt Fractions series.
    Well... plots only but not his character. Not to me. This movie version doesn't have a personality.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Well... plots only but not his character. Not to me. This movie version doesn't have a personality.
    He has one now though, right?

I guess some people will be pissed after this episode...

spoilers:
    I assume Fisk isn't really dead, it's a reference to the comic books where he survived being shot by Echo and it would be stupid to bring D'Onofrio back for basically one episode and kill him off, but then again they also brought back Evan Peters only to make a boner joke... Anyway, this would easily create an even bigger shitstorm so hopefully they won't go that route.

So did I miss something or did Eleanor frame Clint all by herself? How did she get a photo of him in the Ronin suit?

Not a surprise at this point that Laura Barton was indeed Mockingbird.

I'm disappointed that the show literally had no setup for Kate or Yelena. We have no idea when and where they'll show up again. But their interaction in this episode further increased my demand to see them team-up in the future.
    end of spoilers
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

decent but i think weakest of the 4 shows this year also the humor in this one was garbage tier

kingpin +
    hawkeye +
    vera farmiga+
    maya+
    kate-
    LARPers--
    tracksuit mafia--

****SPOILERS FOR THE SEASON FINALE*********

So many thoughts...
    -- LOVE the relationship between Yalena and Kate. Yalena's the big sister now. She obviously had no intention of harming Kate, though she could have.
    -- I can't imagine watching this if you weren't aware of the DD tv show. This guy seems to come out of nowhere despite the hints, but it's really sudden.
    -- Okay, so, as I noted before - Fisk appears to have a meat grinder on his desk! Am I nuts?? There was no table-side steak tartare... what the heck is that there for?? Just to set the mood for anyone who happened to notice it?
    -- Fisk is clearly human+ ... did he rip that car door off its hinges? (and he survived Clint's "most dangerous arrow" at point blank range - nice that she used his cufflink - but again, it's something someone who didn't watch the DD show would even register) Yeah, that pan away during the gunshot clearly means he's not necessarily dead. This is really feeling like the comics, where the story itself in the tpb can mean one thing, but the writers leave that backdoor open for when someone else wants to take that toy out of the chest.(the same way Yalena's relationship with Val doesn't have to factor into the story of this particular show) More than almost anyone else, I hope this means they bring back the same actor to continue Bullseye's development.
    -- Thank you Marvel for giving us the conversation I wanted between Clint and Yalena coping with Nat's death. (and it explains why she didn't outright kill Clint when she could have) I still don't get what she thinks happened, where she knows Nat saved the world, but somehow still blamed Clint, but whatever - it was all just to get them to fight first, then have the conversation. Kudos to the actors - it was a moving scene.
    -- I was expecting Kate to hit the tree with that Pym arrow - seemed the easiest way to get Clint down, but maybe it would have shrunk him as well I guess..? (not like they're totally consistent with Pym particles in the MCU)

This is going to skew more towards criticisms, but this show - as well as the D+ MCU shows - is not concerned about reality or plot holes - they really aren't. (as the larpers sideshow clearly indicated) And you either go with that and enjoy the ride, or not. So, while I try to suspend my disbelief, the following still bothers me:
    -- Why the heck did Maya/TSM/Fisk want that watch in the first place??? Who cares if it belonged to Agent 19 from SHIELD? They must have known something if they staged that robbery just to get it. It was found at Avengers compound along with a ton of other crap. Nothing on that watch indicated a connection to Clint's family.(and who would care?) And now it's just another connection for Clint to that auction on top of the Ronin suit? I am not thrilled with that kind of coincidence. And again, the watch was just sitting on Maya's shelf even after they obtained it -- why did they want it??
    -- The theories that Val was "working for" Eleanor or Fisk seemed a downgrade from what they seemed to be building in "F&WS." Perhaps she just runs a bunch of BW's for hire in conjunction to whatever else she's connected to. (it still doesn't explain how she got a pic of Clint in his Ronin outfit) Eleanor was also fairly casual with the person on the phone when ordering a hit on someone - it was someone she already knew - Val? If it were Fisk, then Yalena would have said that Fisk hired her, not her mom ... I don't expect it to make sense.
    -- So, how did Kate's mom "take care of " Armand?? Kate's innate CSI abilities figured he was killed with a sword, but other than throwing our suspicion on Jack, what was the point of that? Kate's mom didn't seem skilled, so if she hired someone, why the sword? Making Jack the patsy for Sloan is one thing, but why potentially implicate him in Armand's murder as opposed to leaving no trace?
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-22-2021 at 08:13 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Not every property.

The Blade movies and TV series were R rated grind house fodder and leaned into it. Every Punisher movie was the same way too. It's not like the Netflix Punisher was much different from the movie in that regard.

The MCU as it stands won't produce anything like the first 2 Blade movies or even the Deadpool films. Which is why I'd of rather Disney never regained the movie rights to either of them.

I don't want to see a watered down Blade or Punisher is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Not every property.

The Blade movies and TV series were R rated grind house fodder and leaned into it. Every Punisher movie was the same way too. It's not like the Netflix Punisher was much different from the movie in that regard.

The MCU as it stands won't produce anything like the first 2 Blade movies or even the Deadpool films. Which is why I'd of rather Disney never regained the movie rights to either of them.

I don't want to see a watered down Blade or Punisher is all.
    But John Venus' point stands. Not every Blade or Punisher comic has even been R-Rated. In fact, they too were PG-13 in their initial like 20 years of being in existence. They do have stories that lend themselves to R-Ratings, but they don't NEED to be.

Plus they've already said the next Deadpool will still be rated R, so...

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

spoilers:
    Kingpin is definitely not dead. He's too good of a villain to kill off and Echo needs an adversary for her show. The guy tanked arrows and being hit by a car. He's not going to be taken out by bullets
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

I think this was the weakest of the Disney+ shows too but it wasn't BAD.

They did Kingpin dirty here. spoilers:
    He's not dead obviously. But I flat out do not buy that Kate Bishop took him out alone like that. He is clearly supposed to be more than Human here and I don't see how he didn't just strangle Kate and move on. The Yelena Kate fights made sense in the story because they clearly had a begrudging like of each other. Yelena did not actually want to hurt or kill her. So, her holding back all the time with Kate made sense in the story.

But Wilson Fisk not just killing Kate here and toying around with her? That makes no sense. She should have needed a save here imo. Wilson got played. He had a far better showing in Daredevil. I'd like to see him used better.
    end of spoilers

Yelena:
    spoilers:
    Her storyline with Clint just needed one more writing touch up to me. They needed to have given her a false story of what happened to Natasha on Voromir to sell that. The way it's written she had NO clue what happened to her. Like AT ALL. So, it makes no sense why she so vehemently wanted to kill Clint. Had they just written that she was told somewhere that Clint sacrificed her to save his ass. Made her truly believe Clint betrayed his friend. And then they clear it up the same way and he explains that's not what happened that would be way better written.
    end of spoilers

Other than that, I loved the Ice-skating rink trick arrow fight scene. I keep giving Kate a pass for being that proficient. I would like to see her maybe pop up in Quantomania maybe and meet Cassie or something.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Stream View Post
    decent but i think weakest of the 4 shows this year also the humor in this one was garbage tier
    Garbage tier humor and Matt Fraction go together like peanut butter and jelly.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I think this was the weakest of the Disney+ shows too but it wasn't BAD.

They did Kingpin dirty here. spoilers:
    He's not dead obviously. But I flat out do not buy that Kate Bishop took him out alone like that. He is clearly supposed to be more than Human here and I don't see how he didn't just strangle Kate and move on. The Yelena Kate fights made sense in the story because they clearly had a begrudging like of each other. Yelena did not actually want to hurt or kill her. So, her holding back all the time with Kate made sense in the story.

But Wilson Fisk not just killing Kate here and toying around with her? That makes no sense. She should have needed a save here imo. Wilson got played. He had a far better showing in Daredevil. I'd like to see him used better.
    end of spoilers

Yelena:
    spoilers:
    Her storyline with Clint just needed one more writing touch up to me. They needed to have given her a false story of what happened to Natasha on Voromir to sell that. The way it's written she had NO clue what happened to her. Like AT ALL. So, it makes no sense why she so vehemently wanted to kill Clint. Had they just written that she was told somewhere that Clint sacrificed her to save his ass. Made her truly believe Clint betrayed his friend. And then they clear it up the same way and he explains that's not what happened that would be way better written.
    end of spoilers

Other than that, I loved the Ice-skating rink trick arrow fight scene. I keep giving Kate a pass for being that proficient. I would like to see her maybe pop up in Quantomania maybe and meet Cassie or something.
    I think Fisk was really holding back against Kate.

At least that's why I gathered after he told her "you're annoying me".