Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Swordsman seems way too obvious as the culprit for it to actually be him.

It would be nice to see an MCU Madame Masque that, y'know, is actually Madame Masque .

I don't think they'll make her a Nefaria but maybe she chanced upon Tony in college...
    All paths to evil begin with Tony Stark after all... maybe her maiden name was Stane - hence the tower at the beginning. Probably Obie's daughter - they hooked up during a masquerade ball and he had no idea it was her, now Obie's head is in a jar waiting to be attached to a robot body, etc...
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-07-2021 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    All paths to evil begin with Tony Stark after all... maybe her maiden name was Stane - hence the tower at the beginning. Probably Obie's daughter - they hooked up during a masquerade ball and he had no idea it was her, now Obie's head is in a jar waiting to be attached to a robot body, etc...
    Maybe Stane got turned into Modok and she and Modok will burst through a wall at some point, koolaid man style!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Madame Masque being Stane's daughter would be straight from Armored Adventures.

spoilers:
    Yelena appears!
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    spoilers:
    Yelena appears!
    end of spoilers
    Loved that ending. First Clint seeing Kate in a similar position as Natasha when she died. Then Kate not taking the shot on spoilers:
    Yalena
    end of spoilers like Hawkeye didn’t on Natasha when they first met. The mirroring in that scene was done really well I think. I’m willing to bet in the McU Kate and the person whose name I hid in spoilers tags become best friends.

Fun episode. As usual, there's a lot you have to suspend disbelief about and just let the story happen. The characters are what's important and they're doing a pretty good job with that, so I'm on board.
    *******SPOILERS FOR EP 4************
    - I guess we know where Hawkeye's going to get his purple suit now. I do hope that when Kate says she can get material from work, that means it will involve some body armor rather than what the larpers usually wear.
    - I get that they needed the fight to continue, but it's kinda silly Yalena's weapons don't actually incapacitate someone for more than a few seconds. If the show wants to really make us feel that the stakes have been raised and that the fights here aren't just a little bit more dangerous than the larpers, we need to actually feel some danger. I mean, Yalena even made sure to not kill Kate when she threw her off the roof.
    - From the evidence presented, we should be thinking that Jack is the "uncle" - he's the Ceo of Sloan, he was the first suspect, he's certainly hiding something, etc. We're distracting ourselves thinking he's a red herring, and distracted by D'Onofrio because of what we know from the comics, but I wouldn't put it past Marvel to have used D'onofrio as their "Bohner."
    - Moving on from red herrings to MacGuffins, what's up with this watch?? I have no idea. It's transmitting a signal, it appears that Maya wanted it (as opposed to uncle ordering them to get it) but it's just sitting there on her shelf, not taken apart for its tech or used in any way. Could it be sentimental? It was important enough for Laura to know about it and dangerous enough that Clint doesn't want it out in the world...
    - Speaking of Laura, it's nice how she and Clint work together. I wonder if it's just something they've developed over time as a couple or was she in the life? Is that how they met? It does seem to make sense given his life and she'd be more likely to marry someone in that life is she weren't a civilian. I would love for her to show some skills at the end to confirm.
    - Such a small detail, but Marvel tends to think ahead: I like how they've slowly filled in blanks about how Clint and Nat met etc. but I've wondered about this since the BW movie - in what situation would Clint have fired three arrows into her wall like that? Whether it was a cluster or three in a row (or maybe more and one or more of them hit), and Clint just said he never took his shot at her. They could have been fighting the people hunting them but the obvious answer is that they just wanted Yalena to ask Nat about the weird holes and it needed to be clear, but it always struck me as odd.
    - So, a "Black Widow assassin" is still a thing? Makes me wonder what Yalena and the other BWs did after the movie and how many of those former BWs they were able to help. Or what the other former BWs did after their program was destroyed? (which happened before Endgame, so it's been years)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-08-2021 at 07:18 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Fun episode. As usual, there's a lot you have to suspend disbelief about and just let the story happen. The characters are what's important and they're doing a pretty good job with that, so I'm on board.
    - I guess we know where Hawkeye's going to get his purple suit now. I do hope that when Kate says she can get material from work, that means it will involve some body armor rather than what the larpers usually wear.
    - I get that they needed the fight to continue, but it's kinda silly Yalena's weapons don't actually incapacitate someone for more than a few seconds. If the show wants to really make us feel that the stakes have been raised and that the fights here aren't just a little bit more dangerous than the larpers, we need to actually feel some danger. I mean, Yalena even made sure to not kill Kate when she threw her off the roof.
    - From the evidence presented, we should be thinking that Jack is the "uncle" - he's the Ceo of Sloan, he was the first suspect, he's certainly hiding something, etc. We're distracting ourselves thinking he's a red herring, and distracted by D'Onofrio because of what we know from the comics, but I wouldn't put it past Marvel to have used D'onofrio as their "Bohner."
    - Moving on from red herrings to MacGuffins, what's up with this watch?? I have no idea. It's transmitting a signal, it appears that Maya wanted it (as opposed to uncle ordering them to get it) but it's just sitting there on her shelf, not taken apart for its tech or used in any way. Could it be sentimental? It was important enough for Laura to know about it and dangerous enough that Clint doesn't want it out in the world...
    - Speaking of Laura, it's nice how she and Clint work together. I wonder if it's just something they've developed over time as a couple or was she in the life? Is that how they met? It does seem to make sense given his life and she'd be more likely to marry someone in that life is she weren't a civilian. I would love for her to show some skills at the end to confirm.
    - Such a small detail, but Marvel tends to think ahead: I like how they've slowly filled in blanks about how Clint and Nat met etc. but I've wondered about this since the BW movie - in what situation would Clint have fired three arrows into her wall like that? Whether it was a cluster or three in a row (or maybe more and one or more of them hit), and Clint just said he never took his shot at her. They could have been fighting the people hunting them but the obvious answer is that they just wanted Yalena to ask Nat about the weird holes and it needed to be clear, but it always struck me as odd.
    - So, a "Black Widow assassin" is still a thing? Makes me wonder what Yalena and the other BWs did after the movie and how many of those former BWs they were able to help. Or what the other former BWs did after their program was destroyed? (which happened before Endgame, so it's been years)
    Maybe the fighting style and the equipment is a telltale identifier. At least to an ex agent like Clint.

Clint seeing Yelena gear, assumed they are still in action. If he saw Yelena in a Ninja suit he'd assume he was being targeted by the Hand.

We also saw one BW in a cage fight in Shang Chi ( at least I thought I saw one) so I guess individually they are just doing whatever.

When you think about how hard it would be for any BW to reintegrate into a civvie life style ( blend in, sure; but it's the retire to a normal life bit I can't see) Nat with the best of intentions may have unleashed 20 odd possible killing machines on the world, hoping they'd just quit the game.

This might have unseen consequences down the line.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 12-08-2021 at 08:55 AM.

^^For sure. I was just noting that after all this time and all those BWs running around, his first thought when running across a former BW is that she was a hired assassin. Maybe he was out of the loop being retired, I don't know but there's certainly more story there in terms of Yalena and all those former BWs.

I'm liking the developing relationship of Clint and Kate. I felt for both of them when Clint was telling the story of how he met Nat and revealing he was Ronin. Kate was hit hard with the never met your heroes reality. Once everything is said and done it makes me want to see Hawkeye invite Kate to the Burton household for Christmas.

Please don't like the LARPers make the comic costume for Clint. I want him to stay married

^^For sure. I was just noting that after all this time and all those BWs running around, his first thought when running across a former BW is that she was a hired assassin. Maybe he was out of the loop being retired, I don't know but there's certainly more story there in terms of Yalena and all those former BWs.
    Well she was clearly trying to kill him, so assuming she was an assassin isn't a leap.

There was stakes for Clint. She was clearly trying to kill him. She had no beef with Echo and Kate so she just tried to get them out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Well she was clearly trying to kill him, so assuming she was an assassin isn't a leap.
    Was she? I guess those bracelets are strictly non-lethal (for no reason). I know it's not a leap, but Clint's been around enough that there could be any number of reasons for her to attack him in that moment.

Oh, total side-note but I wonder how Kazi got that info on Cint's family. Guessing it was him since Maya tasked him to find out about Clint. The Bartons have either gotten a lot more lax with their security (if they're going to Bway shows I guess they must be) or Kazi has a serious hook-up.

Was she? I guess those bracelets are strictly non-lethal (for no reason). I know it's not a leap, but Clint's been around enough that there could be any number of reasons for her to attack him in that moment.
    She also pulled out a gun.

Astonishing Member

Kate family stuff still the most uninteresting storyline. Otherwise this episode was generally good. I liked they took the time to have Kate and Clint bond. I thought this was the most effective yet of them taking time to know each other a bit.

The ending cameo was cool. Want to see more

Don't know if it was intentional but I was sort of getting an "Adaptoid" from Dark Reign thing with her NVGs. Although those powers seem pretty redundant after we already had an Avengers copycat in her film.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth