Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

I think it is this simple, most people interested inh the Marvel streaming shows already subscribe. They signed on for FAWS and Wandavision, so a show like Hawkey keeps them there but doesn't get as many new ones. Shang Chi has also not generated as many as they hoped, but I see this as a result of more people going to the theaters to see it and the non same day streaming. More in theater = less streaming. It is simple math. Just as Dune did not generate many new subscribers, but did well at the box office.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 11-28-2021 at 11:16 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Weird. I feel like Greer should be more significant than Kate's college friend and it makes it pretty unlikely she'll become Tigra, but what can you do.
    Well, it's possible that they just wanted to drop in another West Coast Avengers reference and they really don't have any plans to introduce Tigra at all. And when/if they do, they'll just be like "Oh, we forgot about that" or "Oh, this is a different Greer Nelson." Heck, maybe this character will be "Greer Nelson" while Tigra will be "Greer Grant". Who knows?

Astonishing Member

Its funny because for me this is the best of the Disney plus shows so far. I don't need world changing events all the time. Its relatively grounded compared to everything else. Which is fine by me. I enjoyed falcon and winter soldier as well but felt there were some issues there due to covid stuff. Not really their fault but this one doesnt seem to have those issues.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Its funny because for me this is the best of the Disney plus shows so far.
    The critics agree with you so far.
    THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER 89%
    WANDAVISION 91%
    LOKI 92%
    WHAT IF...? 93%
    HAWKEYE 94%
    Last edited by mace11; 11-28-2021 at 01:26 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Hawkeye being street level is what I enjoy about it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Same here.

I much prefer the subdued stakes and simpler nature.

Extraordinary Member

By the way looking at the AUDIENCE SCORE the AUDIENCE thinks WHAT IF...? is the best disney plus mcu show so far,then loki is second.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-28-2021 at 01:41 PM.

The low stakes are definitely one of the appealing things about the show. The issue is so regional compared to just about everything else in the MCU. It fits in more with the Netflix shows.

Which would be nice if they use Echo as a way to connect to Wilson Fisk, and open the door to bringing all those characters/shows into the MCU.

That might be the “WTF” moment for the show that gets some attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I wish MCU Spider-Man felt this street-level.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    The critics agree with you so far.
    THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER 89%
    WANDAVISION 91%
    LOKI 92%
    WHAT IF...? 93%
    HAWKEYE 94%

Well I agree with the Critics. I don't know if I would give what if that score. It was to inconsistent for me. But hey. Personally were Loki and Wandavison deeper? Sure. But I like the Clash better than Pink Floyd. Thats just me.

Extraordinary Member

I did not really think about this until recently but legacy characters/superheroes from the comics like kate bishop(hawkeye),ironheart (riri williams),joaquín torres etc.. in the mcu will be older then spiderman (peter parker) but closer to his age then the comics.
    Ms. marvel(kamala khan) and elijah bradley will be closer to peter's age as well in the mcu then the comics.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-29-2021 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I did not really think about this until recently but legacy characters/superheroes from the comics like kate bishop(hawkeye),ironheart (riri williams),joaquín torres etc.. in the mcu will be older then spiderman (peter parker) but closer to his age then the comics.
    Ms. marvel(kamala khan) and elijah bradley will be closer to peter's age as well in the mcu then the comics.
    That's been a thing with Ms. Marvel and Spider-Man in a lot of recent adaptions.

Ultimate Spider-Man made him age-equivalent to a teen Iron Fist, White Tiger, Luke Cage, and Sam Alexander Nova.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Disney is spending most of it's efforts promoting the Beatles doc. Hawkeye will keep the fans already subscribed. The Beatles will bring in a horde of new subscribers.
    Still it wouldn't hurt to throw some attention Hawkeye's way.

"Hawkeye‘s 5-day is also behind the 3-day premieres of Disney+/Marvel’s Falcon and the Winter Solider (1.8M) and WandaVision (1.6M)." Taken from this Deadline article https://deadline.com/2021/11/hawkeye...ey-1234881576/
    Last edited by Anthony W; 11-30-2021 at 12:09 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Still it wouldn't have hurt to throw some attention Hawkeye's way.

"Hawkeye‘s 5-day is also behind the 3-day premieres of Disney+/Marvel’s Falcon and the Winter Solider (1.8M) and WandaVision (1.6M)." Taken from this Deadline article https://deadline.com/2021/11/hawkeye...ey-1234881576/

Its crazy how every time marvel releases something someone is trying to make a statement about the current MCU health. Your gonna have ones that do better than other ones. With any show. Or movie or whatever. Thats life.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Still it wouldn't hurt to throw some attention Hawkeye's way.

It's interesting that the audience for the 1st episode "skewed slightly female" - how can they tell?
    Last edited by Tofali; 11-30-2021 at 01:08 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough