Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I liked this episode actually. Echo was immediately interesting for me. I liked the backstory, but I couldn't help but think Kate needed some of that too. They just want you to trust that she is that good at martial arts and archery. Compare it to the little they did with the Echo backstory scene. They actually showed you she learned how to read people, and how to fight.

It's a little thing but, just seems weird in the same show 2 different approaches to show us training and skill levels.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I liked this episode actually. Echo was immediately interesting for me. I liked the backstory, but I couldn't help but think Kate needed some of that too. They just want you to trust that she is that good at martial arts and archery. Compare it to the little they did with the Echo backstory scene. They actually showed you she learned how to read people, and how to fight.

It's a little thing but, just seems weird in the same show 2 different approaches to show us training and skill levels.
    What if we end up with another FaWS where the antagonistic anti-hero is more interesting than the main hero?

Maybe we'll get more Kate flashbacks though

Wasn't that what the montage in the first episode was for?

Incredible Member

Ah ****!

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post

They did show Kate's training in the intro of the first episode. And there's also a clear difference in their skill levels.

I'm still waiting for them to talk about Clint's training.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    If she was born deaf than I doubt she will talk. Talking when you can't hear yourself will sound very rough.

It makes me want to see another team up between Hawkeye and Ant-Man.

She sounds like a woman of culture

I honestly don't see that being the relationship failure point for Clint and Kate. I see Clint telling Kate that he was Ronin as a means to get to her to stop idolizing him and turn her away from the hero life. How the show is going I'm not seeing what can cause their relationship to collapse
    This version of Clint Barton has been a Shield agent for years before becoming an Avenger. He's an assassin. He's always been an assassin.

There's a reason why Clint is uncomfortable with the trappings of hero-dom. I don't think this Clint has ever seen himself as a hero. He can see it in others like Wanda and Scott Lang but not himself.

His past is almost as dark as Nat's with the qualifier that he was always doing for Nick Fury so he was doing it for the good guys and everyone he killed had it coming by default. He likely thought ( and probably was) doing the same thing as Ronin.

But even Shield would frown on unsanctioned killings by their people, let along the Avengers who don't go in for that kind of thing( we think).

I liked this episode a lot more than I thought I would.

Clint talking to his kid with Kate's help was such a touching scene.

I think Kate already suspects that Clint is/was Ronin. Her long pause before she says she thinks Ronin is someone close to Clint and that's why he protects their identity makes me think that. I could be wrong, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Are dragons real?" I take it you haven't seen Shang-Chi.
    But her Dad sure did. He knew they are in another dimension.

Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    Ah ****!

Don't get your hopes up,it could be another bait and switch like Wandavision did with Quicksilver.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    What if we end up with another FaWS where the antagonistic anti-hero is more interesting than the main hero?
    I doubt that. The antagonist was the weakest part of that show. She was poorly written. Her motivation was hazy at best. She was poorly acted. Maybe it was the direction she was given but she had zero charisma and I can't imagine anyone following her. I can't even remember the villains name without looking it up. The actress herself seems like she would be better doing dramas or comedies.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 12-02-2021 at 06:29 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Don't get your hopes up,it could be another bait and switch like Wandavision did with Quicksilver.
    That wasn't the show fault. Fans were letdown by their expectations when it came to Wanda vision. You can't blame Marvel for that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post

I doubt that. The antagonist was the weakest part of that show. She was poorly written. Her motivation was hazy at best. She was poorly acted. Maybe it was the direction she was given but she had zero charisma and I can't imagine anyone following her. I can't even remember the villains name without looking it up. The actress herself seems like she would be better doing dramas or comedies.
    I assumed he was referencing John Walker there. Wyatt was a standout in that role as anti hero. Agree with you about Karli

This episode was the turning point for me. I like the show a lot more now.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I think Kate already suspects that Clint is/was Ronin. Her long pause before she says she thinks Ronin is someone close to Clint and that's why he protects their identity makes me think that. I could be wrong, of course.
    I think it could go either way that she's waiting for Clint to be honest with her or she just thinks too much of him to immediately assume he's Ronin.

Astonishing Member

Watched the 3rd episode really enjoyed it. Some of the action scenes are a little clunky but I think the show more than makes up for it with the chemistry and individual personalities. Also enjoying the world building.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    That wasn't the show fault. Fans were letdown by their expectations when it came to Wanda vision. You can't blame Marvel for that.
    Eh, Mephisto was fan expectations, the ‘aerospace engineer was fan expectations, ‘Bohner’ wasn’t. Marvel didn’t hire Evan peters by accident, lol.

Like Hawkeye alright so far, it’s fine. It’s made to set up Kate as Clint’s replacement, so YMMV with that, if you’re a Clint fan.
    Last edited by anyajenkins; 12-02-2021 at 02:58 PM.