Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    Ok O just rematches the scene on YouTube. It wasn't a watch, it was bracelets. Maybe the watch that became a glove was an upgrade.
    Eh, Tony (was) coming up with new versions of his tech all the time. But yeah, just re-watched the scene from Winter Soldier on Youtube, and I think that was a watch, but it wasn't a Rolex, so yeah, this is something completely different.

It will probably have something to do with Clint's family. Like, maybe that's how Maya got the information about his wife and kids ... though, that info seemed current, whereas you wouldn't think the watch would be, so who knows. I guess we will find out next week!
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I guess Clint COULD go to Pym but...Pym's kind of a @$$.

Without Scott or Hope ( who he barely knows) as go betweens I don't see Clint wanting to deal with him.

I can imagine the lecture he had to go thru just to get that one growth arrow.
    I assume he'd probably go through Scott for anything.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    What the heck is up with this watch?
    Clint said it was tied to someone he used to work with and we know the it's why the Tracksuits attacked the auction in the first episode. Also, Laura (Clint's wife) is both aware of it and concerned that it's out in the world. And it has a tracker of some kind in it/on it. That's all we've been explicitly told so far.

However, the show sure seems to want us to think that it links Laura to the spy life somehow. Perhaps she was an operative before retiring to be a mom? Maybe that's why she's so chill with Clint's lifestyle.

I also think, given that it was found at the Avengers compound, that it could end up being Nat's. Maybe a memento or some kind of old spy gear? Something with personal value to her would definitely explain why Clint and Laura are so protective of it, and might be an avenue for bringing Yelena onside.

The question then is, "Why would Maya want it?" She seems motivated by her desire to find and kill Ronin, so how would she think the watch serves that purpose? She wouldn't have cared about the Barton family until just now. Or was there another reason for her to send the TSM after it? It's also puzzling that it was just sitting on her shelf - she didn't take it apart for something inside of it, whether it's tech or info, etc. (I also don't think she left it there as a trap since she was alone)

Is it odd that they hit that auction where Ronin's gear was being sold off and didn't think to take that stuff since it might have a lead to Ronin's ID? Guess that was just a big coincidence...?
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-09-2021 at 01:50 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The question then is, "Why would Maya want it?" She seems motivated by her desire to find and kill Ronin, so how would she think the watch serves that purpose? She wouldn't have cared about the Barton family until just now. Or was there another reason for her to send the TSM after it? It's also puzzling that it was just sitting on her shelf - she didn't take it apart for something inside of it, whether it's tech or info, etc. (I also don't think she left it there as a trap since she was alone)

Is it odd that they hit that auction where Ronin's gear was being sold off and didn't think to take that stuff since it might have a lead to Ronin's ID? Guess that was just a big coincidence...?
    Maybe its 2 things. The watch plot is her "uncles". And the Ronin vengeance angle is all hers. So the auction was what they were supposed to be doing grabbing the watch. Then Kate just bungled into showing herself in costume and falling into Echo's personal plot

Does anyone have an idea who Yelena is fighting at 0:18? Looks a bit like spoilers:
    Sharon Carter
    end of spoilers but I somehow doubt she's in this.

Yelena seems to get proper screentime in the remaining episodes.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

It looks like Maya to me.

Edit: my bad, looking at the wrong person.
    Last edited by Panic; 12-10-2021 at 03:24 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    Ok I just rewatched the scene on YouTube. It wasn't a watch, it was bracelets. Maybe the watch that became a glove was an upgrade.
    it IS a watch.

and considering laura knows about the transmitter within and is the one who send clint and kate to retrieve it , it stands to reason that watch might belong to her in her former identity.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

So you're on the right track, I think. The Tracksuits were SENT to the auction to steal the watch. However now Maya has it. I had been under the impression that the Tracksuits failed to find it. But now Maya has it.

So the question becomes, does Maya having it constitute a betrayal of her boss (the so far mysterious "Uncle")? I think it probably does.

Here's what I think is going on. Pure speculation but I think it fits the narrative.

In the comics, Kingpin told Echo that Daredevil murdered her dad, even though he did it himself. When Echo learned the truth she switched sides. However, in this version, Maya SAW Ronin kill her father with her own eyes. Which means either there is a counterfeit Ronin and "Uncle" paid him to do the deed, or Clint did it himself. Clint specifically told Kate that Ronin hit the Tracksuit upper management, and he hasn't seemed the least bit surprised about William's death or Maya's vendetta despite clearly being in the know on the Tracksuit's hierarchy (he can tell Kazi all about his time under two crew leaders, for example). Thus, I suspect Clint actually did the deed himself as advertised.

So where is the betrayal going to come from that forces Maya to switch sides? Not from "Uncle" as he has nothing to do with that part of the story this time. No, from Maya herself. I think she was sent with the Tracksuits to find the watch at the auction, but kept it for herself without telling them she has it. Why? Because she ALREADY KNOWS that Clint was Ronin. Come on, she can copy people's actions just from watching them. She can't pick out that Clint Barton and Ronin fight the same? Clint in action would be readily available from news footage of multiple Avengers events. She wants her revenge. But she doesn't want to kill Ronin. Oh no, that's too easy. She wants him to feel the same pain she has. She wants to kill HIS FAMILY. And somehow the watch is leading her to them. Probably it belonged to Laura or Nat and has a means of tracking down the Barton farm.

When "Uncle" learns that Maya had the watch all along, he'll try to burn her. And she'll be forced to ally with Clint and Kate to get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I would be ok with finding out that Laura is the MCU version of Mockingbird.
    That would be pretty cool

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I would be ok with finding out that Laura is the MCU version of Mockingbird.
    MCU Mockingbird was in Agents of Shield.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Because she ALREADY KNOWS that Clint was Ronin. Come on, she can copy people's actions just from watching them.
    In the comics yes, but we have not seen an indication in the show that they brought that ability along with her.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    MCU Mockingbird was in Agents of Shield.
    Is AoS even part of the MCU anymore? (aside from in a multiverse way) And did they ever refer to Bobbi as "Mockingbird" on that show? I remember being disappointed they didn't use her codename, but I wonder if it was used at all.

If they are rebooting Mockingbird seperate from AOS, good thing her spinofff show never made it.

Makes you feel kind of bad for Adrianne Palicki though, who has four unsold pilots-three of them superhero related-on her resume. Oh well, at least she's doing OK with the Orville.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Random thoughts:
    -- That trick with the disk that Clint taught Kate (that most people use with a bottlecap) is definitely going to come back to save them at some point, no?
    -- I wonder if Jack's misuse of aphorisms is also going to come back in an important moment.
    -- It's funny how they made Ronin's sword retractable for the tv show (he takes it out of a scabbard in the movie) so Jack, then later Clint can hide it in their jackets, but then Jack left it sitting out leaning against the wall. Wasn't that convenient?
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-10-2021 at 09:06 AM.