Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

We interrupt your daily scheduled Hawkeye show to see Yelena Belova on her quest to free Black Widows, only to stumble into a Widow that...was actually doing pretty well for herself even with the brainwashing (?) and enjoyed the money that came from assassination. And then we get to see the Blip firsthand for someone who experienced it to where they vanish for a second and then reappear instantly after getting brought back with their entire environment changing around them. Good news is that Widow made a proper life for herself and even managed to start a family (and thanks to adoption she can actually have a kid), but poor Yelena just wanted to live out her Sex and the City fantasy with her sister .

So that was Kate's archery outfit? I'd been wondering where she got that from the whole time...

I realize now with the Hawkeye promotional poster and magazine cover in Kate's room how much media stuff The Avengers must have done in their heyday and how Clint must have hated it.

I really hope the LARPER's came up with a better costume for Clint than the comic suit with the purple chest logo, even if it is comic-accurate, but I know that's what we're going to get.

I never thought I'd feel bad about Swordsman getting arrested, but now it really seems like he's a genuine nice guy getting framed by his evil fiance.

Yelena having it out for Clint made me wonder what the "official" story of Endgame was, like it's not like they told the public that Black Widow and Hawkeye battled for who would sacrifice themselves for the Soul Stone, so did they just say she died ensuring the heroes could beat Thanos and not go into detail? Does Yelena hold a grudge against Clint because he's still around even though she somehow died? But Natasha at least told him about her.

Yelena really feels like a young adult version of circa-2000's Black Widow with the Russian accent, full name basis, and the way she talks around people. It's an interesting contrast with ScarJo's Natasha.

Is Yelena age-appropriate enough to be part of the Young Avengers? Like Kate's in her 20's, I presume Yelena is in her 20's, and they're really getting along here well and Yelena's nominally an Avengers legacy. Although as far as blonde gal pals go I want to see Kate and Cassie strike up their friendship...

So did Eleanor get through to Yelena through Valentina? Like, what does Valentina actually do? Is she like an agent or does she actually work for the government? Because what Yelena's doing feels like a contract assassination.

Yeah, I can believe Kate would fill up Clint's inbox.

Clint going to the Battle of New York monument to talk to Natasha one last time was pretty poignant, all the moreso because seeing all the OG!Avengers' names on the plaque puts it into perspective how Clint's one of the only few of them left...and he wasn't really that close to the remaining two either.

It was nice to finally get to see the Ronin costume in action again and beating up bad guys. Although I kept being reminded of Batman the whole time.

"I may have killed your father, but we're the same! Also someone lead me to your father, so I'm only partially responsible, so let's be friends M'kay?"

Seems like Kazi may have sold out Echo's dad, although then she ended up in charge...is he acquiescing to her instead of putting himself in charge because of his feelings for her? I don't see this ending well for him.

Well, it was pretty much an open secret at this point, but welcome back to the MCU Vincent D'Onofrio as Wilson Fisk AKA the Kingpin of Crime, who turns out to have been the real Big Bad of the series the whole time. What's the game plan here? Is Fisk back on top of the New York crime world and wants to get rid of the Ronin because he was a scourge to his operations back in the day? What are he and Eleanor concocting? Will we see him interact with Echo since he was her "uncle?" Will Fisk fight Spider-Man?

Cat's outa the bag -- yeah, it was awesome how Clint just addressed him as "Kingpin" right off the bat rather than be all dodgy on Netflix, like they were trying to avoid using the name. We even heard Kingpin before Fisk - that's who he is now.

This was my favorite episode so far. Glad I avoided spoilers on that reveal.

Though - I have to say - I never watched the Daredevil show. Kingpin in the comics is a great villain, though, so I hope he is done right.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Episode 5 was fabulous. We find out Kate's mom is, indeed, a villain. Kingpin/D'Onofrio has been displayed!!!!! Yelena got more development in her part of the storyline, which was far better than the basic merc-for-hire tease we got the previous episode. And good god, Yelena has a phenomenal posterior for a white girl! I'd motorboat those assassin cheeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    This was my favorite episode so far. Glad I avoided spoilers on that reveal.

Though - I have to say - I never watched the Daredevil show. Kingpin in the comics is a great villain, though, so I hope he is done right.
    You should check out Daredevil, it was the only decent show out of the various overrated MCU series on Netflix. Daredevil had its flaws, but Charlie Cox was solid as the main character, D'Onofrio was great, and the Punisher segments of season 2 were pretty good (Although it got kind of mediocre toward the end, with the cliche villain reveal).

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Cat's outa the bag -- yeah, it was awesome how Clint just addressed him as "Kingpin" right off the bat rather than be all dodgy on Netflix, like they were trying to avoid using the name. We even heard Kingpin before Fisk - that's who he is now.
    I thought it was dumb how in the first season of Daredevil never used the Kingpin name. Having the alias would have actually helped keep him anonymous. No need for the "we don't say his name" bs

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I thought it was dumb how in the first season of Daredevil never used the Kingpin name. Having the alias would have actually helped keep him anonymous. No need for the "we don't say his name" bs
    Kind of like how the X-Men movies were like "would you prefer yellow spandex?", and then a few years later Kevin Feige says "yes, yes I would" and makes everyone love it too.

Well to be fair, the whole point was that he wasn't the Kingpin yet. The first season was as much his origin story as it was Matt's and showed both of their evolutions.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Florence Pugh is the best thing to happen to the MCU. Period.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    One of my favorite actresses and she is such a natural in the role

I loved everything about episode 5 and dont know if I will be able to wait till next Wednesday for the next episode!!!

I knew Kingpin is coming but not the way he was going to be introduced. Clint just calling him Kingpin right off the bat. Awesome.

It will be interesting with only one episode left how they tie all of this up.

Wow will we now see Kingpin in a Spider-Man movie? Will we see Daredevil in No Way Home? Soooooo many possibilities.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Well to be fair, the whole point was that he wasn't the Kingpin yet. The first season was as much his origin story as it was Matt's and showed both of their evolutions.
    Yeah, he wasn't really Kingpin until the last season.
    Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Wow will we now see Kingpin in a Spider-Man movie? Will we see Daredevil in No Way Home? Soooooo many possibilities.
    If I could just see him casually mention "Spider-Man's been messing with my operations..." I would be happy .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I understand what it's all about, but it's hard for me to sympathize because no one made do all that, and right now one of the victims of his rampage is the antagonist so far.

As for Black Widow, I don't really get the appeal so far. The whole powerless spy business and secret sister seem to be a lot to add to a show who's plot already has enough, at least IMO

Kate did lose her dad, but so did Maya.

And Clint's family is only in any danger because of his crimes. It's pretty much his fault so it's hard for me to feel too much goodwill towards him.

No one is asking you to sympathize with them. They are telling a story. If you sympathize with them then ok, if you don't then ok. They are trying to present a morally gray world. And you as a viewer can make up your own mind about the individual characters. If you don't sympathize with Clint thats fine. I don't think they are asking you to.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    No one is asking you to sympathize with them. They are telling a story. If you sympathize with them then ok, if you don't then ok. They are trying to present a morally gray world. And you as a viewer can make up your own mind about the individual characters. If you don't sympathize with Clint thats fine. I don't think they are asking you to.
    I do think the show wants you to be sympathetic to Clint. He is haunted by the things he's done, gets triggered when he is reminded of Nat and seems somewhat lost without her and is sacrificing valuable time with his family to help out a kid out of the hole she got herself in. I don't think the show would have added these elements if we weren't suppose to feel for him.

Astonishing Member

I do think the show wants you to be sympathetic to Clint. He is haunted by the things he's done, gets triggered when he is reminded of Nat and seems somewhat lost without her and is sacrificing valuable time with his family to help out a kid out of the hole she got herself in. I don't think the show would have added these elements if we weren't suppose to feel for him.
    I think they want you to follow his story and make up your own mind. In the same way, the Arrow did on CW. The dude was a mess. He was always struggling with his past in the present. I mean its not really any different than that or the Punisher or other characters. They are not trying to present a 1950s superman here. We as an audience know he did some really bad things. Do I sympathize with him? I can see why he did what he did. I don't excuse it. It doesnt mean I don't want to follow his story. I mean they have done the same thing with Loki as well. This is just the opposite. Its not an unusual story. Clint if one thinks about it has always been a pretty morally gray character in the MCU. We just didn't have a lot of info on his past. But there were always hints about it. Black Widow is the same way. She blew up a kid. And probably killed a lot of other people even after getting out of the red room. She worked for shield.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post

She is really the best character they have brought on in a long time. Perfect casting.