Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    That was my main problem with the Arrow show. They were afraid to go out with his trick arrows. In the comics Oliver had all kinds of ridiculously powerful arrows, even arrows that can open portals or some crap like that, but they wanted to be all "edgy" and "serious"....well look how well that worked out.
    8 seasons, and it kickstarted a whole slew of CW DC shows. I think it turned out very damn impressively actually. If only all superhero shows could boast such success.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm intrigued that another Marvel Christmas story is out there. Iron Man 3 was the first, right?
    Let's see lots of action, and lots of trick arrows: ice-bomb, smoke bomb, boomerang... Break out the boxing glove, for once!
    Hey, maybe Shane Black can direct an episode!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    If they bust out a boxing glove arrow I will lose my mind with pure joy!
    Did Hawkeye ever use a boxing glove arrow? I thought that was Green Arrow.

That was my main problem with the Arrow show. They were afraid to go out with his trick arrows. In the comics Oliver had all kinds of ridiculously powerful arrows, even arrows that can open portals or some crap like that, but they wanted to be all "edgy" and "serious"....well look how well that worked out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    8 seasons, and it kickstarted a whole slew of CW DC shows. I think it turned out very damn impressively actually. If only all superhero shows could boast such success.
    And Oliver actually did use a boxing glove arrow once:

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    And Oliver actually did use a boxing glove arrow once:

Yep - I remember the Arrow thread blowing up when he did that. Some fans really love those silly easter eggs and elements. And that's not a judgement either, I am one of those fans.
    Still, don't think Hawkeye should follow suit. That's one of those things you save for a later season.

He had another Boxing Glove Arrow I think he used on Dinah once.
    They actually used a lot of trick arrows on the show...parachute arrow, hacking arrow, bulletproof shield arrow...

Way more Christmas focused then I thought it would be. I enjoy Renners Hawkeye so it's gonna be nice to see him get some more focus. Yea while I don't want want them to get silly but I do hope for more variety of arrows. They can do out there arrows without going campy. Like a Foam arrow that incase people in it when it explodes. Magnet arrow to disarm people. Actually now that I think about it he has used a **** ton of different arrows in the mcu. Usually it's one and done though. He had a thermite arrow,That electrical trap one he used on Vision,The computer hacking arrow,explosive,Electrical one he put in Wanda's head,Pulse one he used on Klaws men in AoU, and he's used a grapple one a few times I think.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I've been looking forward to this, second most anticipated show(Moon Knight is my top most anticipated however). I've been impressed with Hailee Steinfeld since she hit the scene in the True Grit remake.
    I don't know her whole filmography but I then saw her in the Pitch Perfect series and Bumblebee.
    My wife and I keep saying we are going to watch her show Dickinson on Apple+, we just haven't yet.

Sooooo, when she was cast as Kate(frankly a character I've not read much of) I was further intrigued.
    The trailer gives off a great vibe. Biding my time with What If? till October.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

- Why isn't Clint's wife with the kids? Why is he even somewhere his kids would need to travel to see him at? He talks about coming home and it seems like he's texting Velma so it doesn't seem like they're separated
    I just figured it was Clint taking the kids on a little trip while his wife got a weekend to herself. Hell maybe she is pregnant again.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I've been looking forward to this, second most anticipated show(Moon Knight is my top most anticipated however). I've been impressed with Hailee Steinfeld since she hit the scene in the True Grit remake.
    I don't know her whole filmography but I then saw her in the Pitch Perfect series and Bumblebee.
    My wife and I keep saying we are going to watch her show Dickinson on Apple+, we just haven't yet.

Sooooo, when she was cast as Kate(frankly a character I've not read much of) I was further intrigued.
    The trailer gives off a great vibe. Biding my time with What If? till October.
    You should try The Edge of Seventeen, it's a nice little movie and Steinfeld really gets to shine in it.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Edge of Seventeen...I'll go look up a Youtube trailer shortly.
    Thanks for the heads up!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Feels like a David Aja cover.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

First two episodes debuted today. Show is shaping up to be great. I like how the Russians are straight from the Fraction run. Being a bunch of menacing dumbasses. It shows Clint being deaf in his left ear just like the book

spoilers:
    the ronin costume tying everything together is pretty neat. I hope the show dives into Clint time as Ronin
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Watched the first episode this morning. A little confusing but I liked it.

Love it so far.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

*****THOUGHTS ON EP 1 & 2 *******
    I'm enjoying it a lot so far. This is also the second time (after "Runaways") where I'm watching an MCU thing with no knowledge of the source material. (Fraction's series) That said:
    -- Awesome way to introduce the Swordsman. It was cool to see that he's not just a collector of swords - the real duel is obviously coming...
    -- I know Kate's been training for years, but competitions don't exactly translate to real world applications, like fighting with wine bottles or getting shot at and she seems to take it all in like it's a day in the life. I know this isn't exactly a realistic show, but for me to buy it, I need at least some indication that she's been getting into trouble or getting into real fights outside of competitions to bridge her experiences for me to buy how she's been able to jump into this so easily.
    -- I don't know the comics, but I'm guessing her mom's the Big Bad. Something with her security company... I can't decide if Swordsman is in on it, being used or if they're partners.
    -- What's with that watch? Is it Stark's? Do they think it can be used to summon an Iron Man suit? I'm sure someone already has that figured out, but I may avoid media on this and let myself be surprised by the story.
    -- I know everyone loves Pizza Dog, but it made no sense to me that Kate would chose to chase the dog in that moment when it took off. It wasn't in danger until it ran into the street - I didn't get that part.
    -- I think Clint's "resigned downward head droop before doing something he doesn't want to do" is now his thing as much as Loki's hair flip. I think it says a lot about him, and I look forward to seeing it more on this show.
    -- I like the Nat moments they're peppering throughout - Renner really sells it. I imagine this will come to a head when Yelena shows up.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 11-24-2021 at 11:51 AM.