Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Well to be fair, the whole point was that he wasn't the Kingpin yet. The first season was as much his origin story as it was Matt's and showed both of their evolutions.
    Wilson Fisk doesn't even consider himself anything but a savior of New York until the end of Season One. That was the point of the "I am the I'll Intent," scent.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I think they want you to follow his story and make up your own mind. In the same way, the Arrow did on CW. The dude was a mess. He was always struggling with his past in the present. I mean its not really any different than that or the Punisher or other characters. They are not trying to present a 1950s superman here. We as an audience know he did some really bad things. Do I sympathize with him? I can see why he did what he did. I don't excuse it. It doesnt mean I don't want to follow his story. I mean they have done the same thing with Loki as well. This is just the opposite. Its not an unusual story. Clint if one thinks about it has always been a pretty morally gray character in the MCU. We just didn't have a lot of info on his past. But there were always hints about it. Black Widow is the same way. She blew up a kid. And probably killed a lot of other people even after getting out of the red room. She worked for shield.
    I don't think the show is reflecting on Clint's actions as much as Ollie did on Arrow.

Like, maybe in a more subtle way but I don't think they're going to explore the toll that taking those lives and playing judge, jury, and executioner did on Clint and the ethics of it any more than they already have. It's just going to shift into being a feel good Superhero story and put it to bed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think the show is reflecting on Clint's actions as much as Ollie did on Arrow.

Like, maybe in a more subtle way but I don't think they're going to explore the toll that taking those lives and playing judge, jury, and executioner did on Clint and the ethics of it any more than they already have. It's just going to shift into being a feel good Superhero story and put it to bed.
    Well they don't have that much time to work with it like they did with 22 episode seasons of Arrow.

Well they don't have that much time to work with it like they did with 22 episode seasons of Arrow.
    And they also have to develop Kate (although this show has felt like 60-70% Kate with only 30% Clint at times).

I'm still waiting on Clint's backstory.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

This show needs a second season. There's too many things that need to be resolved and I doubt the final episode will be able to address it all.

Astonishing Member

And they also have to develop Kate (although this show has felt like 60-70% Kate with only 30% Clint at times).

I'm still waiting on Clint's backstory.
    Kates the new blood. Clint has been in the MCU 11 years? I don't think your gonna get a lot of his back story. Maybe if they did a Disney + show 10 years ago you would have. They might do it in animation or something. Or some quick flashbacks but thats about it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    This show needs a second season. There's too many things that need to be resolved and I doubt the final episode will be able to address it all.
    My wife said the same thing. I told her whether it gets a second season or not that the story lines will continue on one of the other shows. But I would love a second season as well.

I think it has a decent likelihood of a season 2. Maybe Cassie Lang can be a guest star next season.
    Kates the new blood. Clint has been in the MCU 11 years? I don't think your gonna get a lot of his back story. Maybe if they did a Disney + show 10 years ago you would have. They might do it in animation or something. Or some quick flashbacks but thats about it.
    I guess I'm not surprised so much as this felt like the best opportunity to go into Clint's past and incorporate more of his comic history...Barney, his training, Trickshot, Swordsman, etc. and what they didn't give to Kate they just didn't even use.

The sequel should be a Hawkeye & Black Widow series with Kate and Yelena. And Yelena should constantly keep calling Kate Bishop by her full name.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Astonishing Member

I think it has a decent likelihood of a season 2. Maybe Cassie Lang can be a guest star next season.

I guess I'm not surprised so much as this felt like the best opportunity to go into Clint's past and incorporate more of his comic history...Barney, his training, Trickshot, Swordsman, etc. and what they didn't give to Kate they just didn't even use.
    I think many comic book fans struggle with how the MCU does things compared to the comics. I feel like if people just look at it like another else worlds story its easier to digest. The people who make these things are dealing with two fan bases. Comic book fans and just fans of the MCU who never read comics. So they have to measure that. Also I don't know how interesting it would even be to make things exactly like the comics and have all the relationships be the same ect.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    The sequel should be a Hawkeye & Black Widow series with Kate and Yelena. And Yelena should constantly keep calling Kate Bishop by her full name.
    That would be pretty amusing .
    I think many comic book fans struggle with how the MCU does things compared to the comics. I feel like if people just look at it like another else worlds story its easier to digest. The people who make these things are dealing with two fan bases. Comic book fans and just fans of the MCU who never read comics. So they have to measure that. Also I don't know how interesting it would even be to make things exactly like the comics and have all the relationships be the same ect.
    I get the MCU is its own thing but there are still things I would like to see as a fan of the character.

Florence Pugh is the reason I was able to watch Little Women with apt interest. And she does not disappoint here, she is just really head and shoulders above most of the rest of the new breed. Though Hailee Steinfeld and the rest of the cast of Hawkeye is really awesome, too. I'm ready for Hawkeye-verse!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    You should check out Daredevil, it was the only decent show out of the various overrated MCU series on Netflix. Daredevil had its flaws, but Charlie Cox was solid as the main character, D'Onofrio was great, and the Punisher segments of season 2 were pretty good (Although it got kind of mediocre toward the end, with the cliche villain reveal).
    I watched a little of it, the fights between Daredevil and whoever he fought were pretty well done and gritty. So maybe I'll watch it. Hoping they are going to reboot most of the Marvel Netflix stuff rather than leave it be and have it be important to anything.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I still find Clint to be mostly dull in the MCU even though his writing has been pretty good. I even like Renner in other projects but him specifically as Clint doesn't really appeal to me at all. I think focusing too much on his early life doesn't really fit the universe they have right now especially since it seems like Clint's early years are more inspired by the Ultimate universe where he was a Black Ops Shield agent who did a bunch of shady stuff. Swordsmaster for example clearly just met Clint for the first time and there's no relationship there

It's worth noting that the trailers for next week's episode announce it as the SEASON finale. That implies to me that they will have a season 2.

I don't see how they will wrap this up in one episode. Will there be a cliffhanger, or just loose threads for next season?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!