Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Personally I think that for the target audience of MCU who don't read the comics ( and likely never will), dad Hawkeye is barely tolerable and 616 Hawkeye would have been right out of the question. To the average 13 year old, to be credible you have be a mix of Snake Eyes, Solid Snake and Master Chief to be cool. There's a reason the design of the MCU characters trend towards faux-tactical ( with Thor and Doc Strange being notable exceptions)
    The target audience for the MCU isn't 13 year olds lol

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post

Not sure why you're blaming Tony Stark
    That's what every MCU villain does. The question should be how Tony wronged him.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I just got caught up on Hawkeye and am now ready for the finale(?) on Monday 12/22.

I have really been enjoying this show. So far it is hitting all the right notes that I could've hope, much like F&TWS.
    That stinger with Kingpin, from Netflix era, was such a great payoff!!

I've not read the Kate Bishop run but am going to have to now it seems. Are the LARPERS part of that run as well? Do Grillz and Kate become a thing? Thought I caught a hint of something there in ep5.
    Like F&tWS it seems they are saving the costume reveal for the last episode.

So far I give the first 5 episodes a 5/5 and would highly recommend to not only an MCU fan but probably a casual action show fan.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I just got caught up on Hawkeye and am now ready for the finale(?) on Monday 12/22.

I have really been enjoying this show. So far it is hitting all the right notes that I could've hope, much like F&TWS.
    That stinger with Kingpin, from Netflix era, was such a great payoff!!

I've not read the Kate Bishop run but am going to have to now it seems. Are the LARPERS part of that run as well? Do Grillz and Kate become a thing? Thought I caught a hint of something there in ep5.
    Like F&tWS it seems they are saving the costume reveal for the last episode.

So far I give the first 5 episodes a 5/5 and would highly recommend to not only an MCU fan but probably a casual action show fan.
    I think the larpers are a stand in for the tenants. In the Fraction/Aja run Clint brought the building in he lived in to protect the residents from the tracksuits and form the supporting cast of the book.

Yeah, since that's where Grills is from.

Extraordinary Member

While I've enjoyed most of what the MCU proper had to offer us prior to Black Widow and Hawkeye this year, this is the kind of content that I've craved. World-ending events can get redundant to the point of exhaustion and I'll be honest, with the exception of Hawkeye and WandaVision, Netflix's Daredevil and Jessica Jones are probably my two favorite Marvel shows because they are street level.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the target audience of the MCU would've loved this guy:
    Not in that costume
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Renner's is a very good actor who is somewhat miscast as the Hawkeye that comic fans want. That cocky, wisecrack-y, leads with his face guy you would have needed someone like a Sean Scott or a Chris Pratt( as it turns out) to pull it off. Maybe Chris Pine.

He is well cast for the beleaguered team dad that the MCU Hawkeye is.

Personally I think that for the target audience of MCU who don't read the comics ( and likely never will), dad Hawkeye is barely tolerable and 616 Hawkeye would have been right out of the question. To the average 13 year old, to be credible you have be a mix of Snake Eyes, Solid Snake and Master Chief to be cool. There's a reason the design of the MCU characters trend towards faux-tactical ( with Thor and Doc Strange being notable exceptions)
    I actually watched an interview with Renner and he said that Feige gave him stuff about Ultimate Hawkeye to read.

His version of the character is based on the Ultimate version. I guess that's why he was cast in the role.

Renner doesn't really fit the 616 version of Clint Barton.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I actually watched an interview with Renner and he said that Feige gave him stuff about Ultimate Hawkeye to read.

His version of the character is based on the Ultimate version. I guess that's why he was cast in the role.

Renner doesn't really fit the 616 version of Clint Barton.
    Yup Phase 1 in general took a lot of inspiration from the ultimate universe and has been more 616 since then but ultimate is baked into a lot of the DNA of the MCU. Clint is one of the biggest examples but certainly not the only one

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Not in that costume
    I think they could've molded it to fit live-action in my opinion. They've adapted more unconventional looks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Yup Phase 1 in general took a lot of inspiration from the ultimate universe and has been more 616 since then but ultimate is baked into a lot of the DNA of the MCU. Clint is one of the biggest examples but certainly not the only one
    With the decision to assemble the Avengers through SHIELD it was more or less determined that Clint had to be the Ultimate version. Him being already a SHIELD agent made his inclusion in the Avengers team more plausible than Fury recruiting some random criminal who was trained in a circus.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

With the decision to assemble the Avengers through SHIELD it was more or less determined that Clint had to be the Ultimate version. Him being already a SHIELD agent made his inclusion in the Avengers team more plausible than Fury recruiting some random criminal who was trained in a circus.
    Well, we have no idea what he did before he became a SHIELD Agent...and we still don't.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

....more plausible than Fury recruiting some random [criminal] who was trained in a circus.
    Drop Criminal. Now, work with me. Is there any non super powered character out there, who was recruited out of a circus, that has gone on to be a big time player?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, we have no idea what he did before he became a SHIELD Agent...and we still don't.
    I'm still curious on his pre-SHIELD days as well. Give me that story(stories).
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

The MCU took from the Ultimate Universe? First I heard about that.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

Idk. I kinda think the circus can work as a background for Clint before he becomes a SHIELD agent