Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think in the context she was saying it because she didn't realize how directly Yelena viewed Clint as responsible for Natasha's death.
    I agree Yelena shouldn't blame Clint. But Kate's wording makes her act like too much of a fangirl. Same problem I had with Sam & Bucky, if that makes sense

I guess I should be more blaming their use of Tony Stark?
    I see what you mean in that case

I think the target audience of the MCU would've loved this guy:

I guess I'm kind of surprised Yelena's taken off so well but I guess that sassy, in-your-face, devil-may-care personality cna be pretty appealing.
    I'm still trying to get into her but I don't recall the comics version being like that.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I agree Yelena shouldn't blame Clint. But Kate's wording makes her act like too much of a fangirl. Same problem I had with Sam & Bucky, if that makes sense.
    I think both are coming at it from their own perspective and without knowing the full story.
    I'm still trying to get into her but I don't recall the comics version being like that.
    She's a little more reserved and mentally messed up in the comics.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    The target audience for the MCU isn't 13 year olds lol
    You sure about that?

Disney is surely holding on to having all thier movies and TV properties be PG-13.

Even after the success of 2 Deadpool movies, Logan, the Blade franchise and every Netflix series other than Iron Fist.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    You sure about that?

Disney is surely holding on to having all thier movies and TV properties be PG-13.

Even after the success of 2 Deadpool movies, Logan, the Blade franchise and every Netflix series other than Iron Fist.
    Ok? PG-13 doesn't mean that's their target. Adults will obviously go to see those as well. I don't need an "R" rating to enjoy a film.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

You sure about that?

Marvel movies likes to push the limit of the PG-13 rating. It uses harsher language than what's normal for PG-13 (I've notice how recent Marvel projects love using the word shit), If violence had any blood it can easily be rated R.

Just finished binging all the episodes so far, and I've loved it. Question for the room- I know the actress that plays Maya is actually deaf, but is she also a legit amputee? Because I don't remember the Echo from the comics missing a leg.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Just finished binging all the episodes so far, and I've loved it. Question for the room- I know the actress that plays Maya is actually deaf, but is she also a legit amputee? Because I don't remember the Echo from the comics missing a leg.
    Yes she is a legit amputee.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Yes she is a legit amputee.
    I did not know that. I've really enjoyed her here, and I look forward to seeing what she does in her own show.

You sure about that?

Absolutely positive. Of it was their target Audience they wouldn't have the success that they do. I've seen every MCU movie in cinemas within its first week and 40% of EVERY audience were in their late 20s to late 30s. Another 20% were in their late teens to late 20s.

I saw NWH last night in a close to capacity cinema and my two kids were 2 out of a dozen audience members under 18. My son is 13 and daughter 9 (my eldest is seeing it in gold class right now with a friend) and there were only 10 other kids their age in the theatre.

The row directly in front of me had 8 30 somethings and 7 mid 20s the row behind me similar

If their target audience was 13 then their box office figures would be less than a 5th of what they are across the board.

The reason they try to stick to pg13 is so they have material a whole family can watch together

MCU’s demographic is basically “everyone”.

And that pisses some people off, apparently.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    MCU’s demographic is basically “everyone”.

And that pisses some people off, apparently.
    Slightly off topic, it's a strange paradox. It seems as if many fans want the way the stories are told with their favorite characters to mature with them, but if you actually attempt to change anything, forget about it. It seems as if some want the fanbase to become more insular as time goes on and not less, which is not the way to sustain a serial character in the least.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Slightly off topic, it's a strange paradox. It seems as if many fans want the way the stories are told with their favorite characters to mature with them, but if you actually attempt to change anything, forget about it. It seems as if some want the fanbase to become more insular as time goes on and not less, which is not the way to sustain a serial character in the least.
    I notice this to. Every comic book reader has " their" version of any particular character. I was like this with spider-man but I have learned to accept it. The Hawkeye in the MCU isn't the Hawkeye in the comics. Thats just the way it is. And most of the people who watch these movies or shows never open up a comic so that Hawkeye is the one they know.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I've not read the Kate Bishop run but am going to have to now it seems. Are the LARPERS part of that run as well? Do Grillz and Kate become a thing? Thought I caught a hint of something there in ep5.
    He definitely wasn't a love interest for her in the comics, he was a much older guy who looked like this:

grills.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't think they can reconcile both versions of Clint. They are polar opposite ends of the spectrum. Ultimate comics is what got me into the medium so I'm a biased towards that version. It would be difficult for me to see 616 Clint as impulsive and reckless as he is being a family man.
    I thought for sure that they would have had Swordsman as Clint's old mentor. Would have given him a nice tertiary connection to the Bishop family. But that wasn't the case.

I don't get complaining about the MCU being PG-13 when that rating applies to almost all the comic books this universe is based on.