Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I think Fisk was really holding back against Kate.

At least that's why I gathered after he told her "you're annoying me".
    He clearly was but why? That makes no sense. Her mother was threatening to sell him out. He told his minion to take care of it. Why is he holding back?

Another unrelated loose end to me is the watch. spoilers:
    Ok it's a Sheild watch...what is the point? Did it give access to a Heli carrier? like What was that about? Natasha leaked all of Sheild's secrets already. So why was the watch special other than we for the first time get confirmation that Clint's wife did work for Sheild
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Updated RT ratings for the mcu disney plus shows so far.

THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER 89% AVERAGE AUDIENCE SCORE
    82%

WANDAVISION 91% AVERAGE AUDIENCE SCORE 86%

LOKI 92% AUDIENCE SCORE 90%

WHAT IF...?: SEASON 93% AUDIENCE SCORE 93%

HAWKEYE 92% AUDIENCE 90%
    Last edited by mace11; 12-22-2021 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    He clearly was but why? That makes no sense. Her mother was threatening to sell him out. He told his minion to take care of it. Why is he holding back?

Another unrelated loose end to me is the watch. spoilers:
    Ok it's a Sheild watch...what is the point? Did it give access to a Heli carrier? like What was that about? Natasha leaked all of Sheild's secrets already. So why was the watch special other than we for the first time get confirmation that Clint's wife did work for Sheild
    end of spoilers
    I don't see the problem in Fisk not wanting to kill a girl he has no quarrel with on Christmas Eve. He saw her as an annoyance and isn't an outright psychopath who would kill her just for that. Also the last Disney+ show villain who tried to kill children immediately jumped to the top of the Worst MCU Villains list because of it.

As to Natasha leaking the files: Didn't Zemo say that he had to decrypt the files, meaning they weren't accessible to everyone? Guess only a small minority was able to decrypt them so most people still don't know about SHIELD's secrets and Laura's past.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    I don't see the problem in Fisk not wanting to kill a girl he has no quarrel with on Christmas Eve. He saw her as an annoyance and isn't an outright psychopath who would kill her just for that. Also the last Disney+ show villain who tried to kill children immediately jumped to the top of the Worst MCU Villains list because of it.

As to Natasha leaking the files: Didn't Zemo say that he had to decrypt the files, meaning they weren't accessible to everyone? Guess only a small minority was able to decrypt them so most people still don't know about SHIELD's secrets and Laura's past.
    I will buy he didn't want to flat out murder her. But if he can rip car doors off and survive getting hit by a car and then fighting her. I do not buy her beating him in that tight space without him just knocking her ass out at least. It jobs him as a character at this point her just starting out etc. that she can take him down. The only benefit is he was right back up and escaped to the Echo scene at the end.

Compare this to his brutal fight scenes in Daredevil. I mean at the end of Season 1 he is hand to hand with Daredevil, who is FAR better trained than Kate is shown to be. Now we don't know yet if it's the EXACT same character including everything from Daredevil. But imo so far why downgrade the character. It's a failure for me.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

To be fair, Kate was completely out match by Fisk even with the car assist. She got lucky that he was standing on explosive arrows that allowed her to take him out. Even then, he managed to come to before the police arrived

I will buy he didn't want to flat out murder her. But if he can rip car doors off and survive getting hit by a car and then fighting her. I do not buy her beating him in that tight space without him just knocking her ass out at least. It jobs him as a character at this point her just starting out etc. that she can take him down. The only benefit is he was right back up and escaped to the Echo scene at the end.

Compare this to his brutal fight scenes in Daredevil. I mean at the end of Season 1 he is hand to hand with Daredevil, who is FAR better trained than Kate is shown to be. Now we don't know yet if it's the EXACT same character including everything from Daredevil. But imo so far why downgrade the character. It's a failure for me.
    Don't know what training has to do with it as we're clearly shown that Kate didn't succeed with anything she threw at him, so it was made clear that she had no hope of beating him in a fight and she just got lucky by causing an explosion. I mean Hawkeye took Loki down with an explosive arrow so that weapon is pretty op and can grant you a win even if you are outmatched, which Kate was.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Man, I loved this. We had a good chuckle over the Kingpin’s super power - in a world of weird industrial accidents and mutations - basically being that he’s fat and angry. I hope Kate and Clint get another low-key adventure like this before we go to Young Avengers, or whatever is being set up there.

What you have to understand is that this IS NOT the Netflix Kingpin. This is the DISNEY Kingpin.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    What you have to understand is that this IS NOT the Netflix Kingpin. This is the DISNEY Kingpin.
    Everything that made him Netflix Kingpin is here. Only thing missing is blood.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I got that and I mentioned earlier we don't know the full story with this Kingpin. But I contend it is a mistake to "downgrade" Kingpin as a character we have seen portrayed well already. Even his wardrobe here was a downgrade to me personally. That colorful shirt was weird to me.

Speaking of wardrobe though. I was happy with the more comic accurate compromise of Hawkeye's costume. I thought it worked.

Also, what did everyone think of Swordsman at the end?
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 12-22-2021 at 11:35 AM.

Also, what did everyone think of Swordsman at the end?
    I didn't see the point of having him in this series. It feels he was only here to be a red herring. No history with Clint, he wasn't the villain, I thought he would serve as a secondary mentor to Kate seeing she finally gets along with him but nope. Being thrown in with the LARPers mean we won't see him again unless this show gets a second season.

Anybody feel bad for Adrienne Palacki? First she lost the Wonder Woman TV show, then her own Mockingbird spin off show (Marvel's Most Wanted), and now pretty much the whole role is overwritten (Although I suppose like with two Hawkeyes you can have two Mockingbirds).

Also anybody think of Cardallini's Scooby Doo 2 outfit thinking of her as Mockingbird?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Anybody feel bad for Adrienne Palacki? First she lost the Wonder Woman TV show, then her own Mockingbird spin off show (Marvel's Most Wanted), and now pretty much the whole role is overwritten (Although I suppose like with two Hawkeyes you can have two Mockingbirds).

Also anybody think of Cardallini's Scooby Doo 2 outfit thinking of her as Mockingbird?
    Now? Clint had a wife he confined everything to since Age of Ultron.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post

Which villain are you talking about?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    To be fair, Kate was completely out match by Fisk even with the car assist. She got lucky that he was standing on explosive arrows that allowed her to take him out. Even then, he managed to come to before the police arrived
    Exactly this. And as mentioned earlier, it was almost certain that he was holding back because she was practically a child in his eyes. If they ever meet again, he likely won't make that mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Everything that made him Netflix Kingpin is here. Only thing missing is blood.
    I have to agree.

I got that and I mentioned earlier we don't know the full story with this Kingpin. But I contend it is a mistake to "downgrade" Kingpin as a character we have seen portrayed well already. Even his wardrobe here was a downgrade to me personally. That colorful shirt was weird to me.
    I liked it personally. I liked the fact that they mixed it up. I thought it was fun.

Speaking of wardrobe though. I was happy with the more comic accurate compromise of Hawkeye's costume. I thought it worked.
    This I was not a fan of. I just don't think they can top his original Avengers suit.
    Last edited by phonogram12; 12-22-2021 at 02:49 PM.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.