Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Now? Clint had a wife he confined everything to since Age of Ultron.
    True, but this is the first time they are confirming that she was also an agent, and that she was Mockingbird.

I don't feel bad. They can always say that Agents of SHIELD existed in a different dimension, and that Adrienne Palacki's Mockingbird is a variant.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I will buy he didn't want to flat out murder her. But if he can rip car doors off and survive getting hit by a car and then fighting her. I do not buy her beating him in that tight space without him just knocking her ass out at least. It jobs him as a character at this point her just starting out etc. that she can take him down. The only benefit is he was right back up and escaped to the Echo scene at the end.

Compare this to his brutal fight scenes in Daredevil. I mean at the end of Season 1 he is hand to hand with Daredevil, who is FAR better trained than Kate is shown to be. Now we don't know yet if it's the EXACT same character including everything from Daredevil. But imo so far why downgrade the character. It's a failure for me.
    I get your point, but we've seen it a million times, when a much stronger opponent just throws the hero around rather than snap their necks. Plot armor abounds.

Also, in case anyone was wondering about Fisk's outfit:
    spider-man-family-business-kingpin.jpg
    Amazing Spider-Man: Family Business #1. (an online review mentioned it and I would credit them, but I forgot which one it was...)

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Now? Clint had a wife he confined everything to since Age of Ultron.
    But not equated with Mockingbird until now, apart from being Clint's wife, which Bobbi was for a while.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I get your point, but we've seen it a million times, when a much stronger opponent just throws the hero around rather than snap their necks. Plot armor abounds.

Also, in case anyone was wondering about Fisk's outfit:
    spider-man-family-business-kingpin.jpg
    Amazing Spider-Man: Family Business #1. (an online review mentioned it and I would credit them, but I forgot which one it was...)
    Good point. I forgot about this. In addition to actual armor, though, I think people are forgetting that in the DD Netflix series, he did wear actual body armor. Sure it was in the lining of his blazers then, but he may have smartened up and had some designed as undershirts or something.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Well I don't think this reveal take anything away from AoS since Laura isn't Bobbi Morse. The code name can be used by more than one person and I don't remember Bobbi being referred to as Mockingbird at all in the show?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Well I don't think this reveal take anything away from AoS since Laura isn't Bobbi Morse. The code name can be used by more than one person and I don't remember Bobbi being referred to as Mockingbird at all in the show?
    I don't think she was, but I could be wrong.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

To my knowledge, Bobbi Morse was never referred to as Mockingbird or anything else besides Bobbi Morse on AOS. And AOS is MCU, is it not? I suppose Laura could be the live, retired version of Mockingbird -- and Bobbi Morse could have another designation.

Anyway, great show. The finale's action scenes were a bit of a stretch at times.

Yes, in the DD Netflix show, Kingpin did have armor designed into his wardrobe. No reason to dismiss that idea here.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

The only thing we can guess (and it's still a presumption because they didn't confirm it) is that she was "Agent 19." The Mockingbird name is still waiting to be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Which villain are you talking about?
    That guy in WandaVision, Hayward or what his name was.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Sincere question: How long do you think it will take for Yelena to lose her accent? I can't imagine Pugh talking like she has for the rest of her tenure in the MCU. That would be torture!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Sincere question: How long do you think it will take for Yelena to lose her accent? I can't imagine Pugh talking like she has for the rest of her tenure in the MCU. That would be torture!
    I hope she never drops it. I enjoy the accent

I doubt she ever will. It's just one of the things that seperates her from Natasha and, at this point, it's also a part of her charm/personality quirk.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Hawkeye was honestly bland and the appearance of Fisk was underwhelming. In hindsight, FATWS is probably the best of the Disney+ shows. It had it's faults too, like a muddled message that was sloppily done, and couldn't stick the landing. But It was still the better show tho.

Extraordinary Member

So my order of preference is:

1.) WandaVision
    2.) Hawkeye
    3.) What If?
    4.) Falcon & the Winter Soldier
    5.) Loki

Or just acting. There are plenty of people on weekly tv shows that put on an accent as part of their character. I'm sure Pugh can manage it every couple years or however often we end up seeing Yalena.